General Yuzuru Chat

37 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

And this is the extent of my contribution to the subject. Won't have anything further to add. Sorry if I confused you before.

Thank you for the clarification.  I think with the team competition ongoing he would probably sit out the ceremony if he's one of the team.  If he's not in the team he might participate, asthma or no asthma.  It seems to me that over the years Yuzu has learned how to manage his asthma.  I can't remember the last time I saw him gasping for breath at the end of his performance, something that was all too common in his early days.  Also, it would be nice if TCC lets the world know if Yuzu will enter with the rest of Team Japan at the opening.  His being there might help the ratings.

1 hour ago, Floria said:

eeeep that's like 3 more days from now :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: can't believe it is this close already :13877886:

If he did arrive at 4th with team japan, I would think he'll participate in the team event, otherwise he would be better off arriving later since individual SP is still on the 16th :13877886: guess we'll know soon

Considering that the Olympic stadium has no roof and the lowest temperature on Feb. 9 last year was 12.2 degrees below zero, I'd rather he skip it.

On another note, Yuzu is the only figure skater mentioned in this BBC article. 

33 minutes ago, Lunna said:

"My daily life is all about winning two consecutive Olympics" :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: *not that we didn't knew that but still... that's the pressure"

Didn't get a chance to read it yet, but seeing this

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Oof! That went straight to the gut.

Despite Yuzu doing everything under his control right, the intensity of Yuzu and his focus for the OGM can potentially come crashing down after the Olympics if he doesn't actually get the gold medal. *knock on wood*

I'm all in for Yuzu, but for self-protection I also want to prepare for the worst, but thinking about the what-if's makes me feel like a bad fan for thinking the unthinkable.

46 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Considering that the Olympic stadium has no roof and the lowest temperature on Feb. 9 last year was 12.2 degrees below zero, I'd rather he skip it.

I read a recent article that said the low temperature for the Opening is supposed to be the coldest opening ceremony ever if it keeps to weather forecast. Also that they held a concert at the stadium and 6 people had hypothermia at the concert. Even with the heating pads and additional stuff to be handed out at the Opening, this so not safe for athletes and the audience especially for the ones who will be just sitting there for an hour+ in the cold.

Not just Hanyu, but a few people should skip it if its possible.

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Scary. Scary. 
I guess his strongest tactic right now is scaring shitless all of the other skaters? I think it won't be easy to skate with him on the rink. Or with him in the same country. I would be very scared. 

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Scary. Scary. 
I guess his strongest tactic right now is scaring shitless all of the other skaters? I think it won't be easy to skate with him on the rink. Or with him in the same country. I would be very scared. 

On the topic of Scary... 

I've just watched the latest documentary with subs and oh boy did I feel very scared when they showed the footage of him at CoR taken during the draw, his face was literally this  :hachimaki: and imagine being in the same room  :smiley-scared003: 

1 minute ago, Smultron said:

On the topic of Scary... 

I've just watched the latest documentary with subs and oh boy did I feel very scared when they showed footage of him at CoR taken during the draw, his face was literally this  :hachimaki: and imagine being in the same room  :smiley-scared003: 

OMG yes! Also the way he moved there!! He has zero chill! I don't know how the woman that had the draw bag didn't run away xD 

7 minutes ago, kaerb said:

A bit off topic I’m sorry but does anyone still have tutorials to make origami swans? I’ve finally settled into my student dorm and want to fold some special ones to bless the room, the Olympics and also to take to Worlds. Tried Googling but there are a lot of designs and I really liked the ones the PH members made

Found it in my bookmarks, though I'm not sure if this is the one you were thinking about-we made so many...

https://imgur.com/a/zzRI3

For the opening ceremony (which I plan to avoid cuz I don't want to be miserable), the US athletes will have coats with heaters inside that they can set to whatever temperature they want with their smart phones.  I think that should be available for all athletes.  

And Yuzu skated the team event SP last time which are around the time of the opening ceremony so that could have been why he skipped it. 

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

A bit off topic I’m sorry but does anyone still have tutorials to make origami swans? I’ve finally settled into my student dorm and want to fold some special ones to bless the room, the Olympics and also to take to Worlds. Tried Googling but there are a lot of designs and I really liked the ones the PH members made

The tutorial that @Aotoshiro posted is very good and if you want a video version, try this :happy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J17qjFLPr0

(and I'm posting this right after I've just finished making an origami swan :smile:)