General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Dara said:

That's completely different story, FSO is know to be a forum of high-browed elite fans of True Figure Skating (maybe it used to be. not anymore).

In VK percentage of fans is waaaay higher. There was poll "skater you'd love to see at COR" and Yuzu dominated in it I think.

FSO also has rumors right? They're thinking of themselves as elite. I remember my friend said they bashed Adelina there too. For the sake of being elite.

1 minute ago, Dara said:

That's completely different story, FSO is know to be a forum of high-browed elite fans of True Figure Skating (maybe it used to be. not anymore).

In VK percentage of fans is waaaay higher. There was poll "skater you'd love to see at COR" and Yuzu dominated in it I think.

Yeah, since I'm in FSO, you certainly have to be a high-brow anything! :smiley_facepalm:

And I doubt their expertise, really. If someone can claim that Gatchinsky's spread eagle entry into 3A is more difficult than Yuzu's counter one, I have serious doubts in their ever learning to skate for themselves.. 

1 minute ago, meoima said:

FSO also has rumors right? They're thinking of themselves as elite. I remember my friend said they bashed Adelina there too. For the sake of being elite.

No, I'd say Adelina's quite liked there. Actually, so is Yuzu now. It'd nice seeing Russian fans cheering for his winning the title this year. Not all of them did - but there were quite a few cheers!

Just now, meoima said:

Umm, yes, there're some insiders and fake insiders, and sometimes rumors turn out to be true.

But seriously, level of the forum sunk down lately. Even their admin abandoned it :smiley_facepalm:

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

@Fay Speaking of Russian, any chance we might get that translation of Mishin's and Gachinsky's words on Yuzuru at Worlds you mentioned a while ago? :thankyou:

Oh, sorry, I'll have to track them down, but yes, in a couple of days!!! After I've finally finished translating the thing I'm doing now... 

3 minutes ago, Dara said:

Umm, yes, there're some insiders and fake insiders, and sometimes rumors turn out to be true.

But seriously, level of the forum sunk down lately. Even their admin abandoned it :smiley_facepalm:

You mean Emik?

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

Yeah, since I'm in FSO, you certainly have to be a high-brow anything! :smiley_facepalm:

And I doubt their expertise, really. If someone can claim that Gatchinsky's spread eagle entry into 3A is more difficult than Yuzu's counter one, I have serious doubts in their ever learning to skate for themselves.. 

My impression is that many well-versed people abandoned that place. At least when I read discussions few years ago there were discussions about technique and such, not blatant statements or questionable remarks.

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Oh, sorry, I'll have to track them down, but yes, in a couple of days!!! After I've finally finished translating the thing I'm doing now... 

You mean Emik?

Emik was never part of admin team AFAIK.

3 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

so from what the news/rumors are so far, it's highly unlikely yuzu will be at nhk this time?

if not nhk, then what gp assignments would be most likely?

There's next to no chance they'll let him off from NHK. Viewer rating = $$$$$ and he is still the one who guarantees the highest ratings.

1 minute ago, Dara said:

My impression is that many well-versed people abandoned that place. At least when I read discussions few years ago there were discussions about technique and such, not blatant statements or questionable remarks.

Emik was never part of admin team AFAIK.

OK, as I only stumbled upon it last year, I wouldn't know. It was fun reading their archives - though 2012-2014 archives wouldn't open. Now even these don't exist.... 

Enough of FSO in Yuzu's forum, I guess!!!

5 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

so from what the news/rumors are so far, it's highly unlikely yuzu will be at nhk this time?

Yeah they can give him other GPs, no NHK because he skipped National. Maybe this will be goodness in disguise. Osaka is... hostile. 

But Yuzuru will have to do NHK.

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

where are these rumors/news from?  but to be honest, i don't want him to go NHK neither, but its very unlikely.  If for god's sake, he really doesn't go NHK, i think the next possible choice would be TDF?

Regardless of whether he goes to TdF or not, and apologizing to all our French members, I sure hope France gets its shit together for next season and no more video flags and melting ice and plastic medals. 

On 5/15/2017 at 1:42 AM, meoima said:

Yeah they can give him other GPs, no NHK because he skipped National. Maybe this will be goodness in disguise. Osaka is... hostile. 

Yes they will push Shoma at NHK as much as they can but there's nothing we can do about it.

How about Skate Canada and TeB again for Yuzuru? Lol. 

;;;;7;;;;;;