General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I think Yuzu, Shoma and Sergei look the prettiest while Adam looks like a supermodel. Patrick looks like the lady who own the Asian supermarket down the street from me. :laughing:

haha for me Shoma is the one that looks like the auntie whom I buy food from down the street. :laughing: I can unsee it @.@

TOTALLY :offtopic: 

definitely nothing about Yuzuru but a pancake and skate event on the 19th Feb at TCC is making me think different things.......:smiley-laughing021:

I just hope that we see beautiful pancakes throughout Olympics cause ya know... "he who shall not be named" already made his first of the season..... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: 

:pancake:

7 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

TOTALLY :offtopic: 

definitely nothing about Yuzuru but a pancake and skate event on the 19th Feb at TCC is making me think different things.......:smiley-laughing021:

I just hope that we see beautiful pancakes throughout Olympics cause ya know... "he who shall not be named" already made his first of the season..... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: 

A Pancake party at TCC and I'm stuck here... life is so unfair... *munches on croissants*

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Back in Sochi we see cute and cuddly. Will we see murderface and fabulous in Pyeonchang :laughing:

Oh god, I'm actually a bit scared of the thought of the airport Yuzu arrives...first live appearance after being in ninja-mode for almost 3mths, reigning Olympic/World champion.... Intense interest won't even begin to describe it, and that's just the media. In Korea too, with fans very familiar with congregating at airports. I hope maybe he'll be allowed to exit out of a back door or something :13877886: (at least it won't ever be as bad as TVXQ at the height of their popularity...or even now)

16 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Oh god, I'm actually a bit scared of the thought of the airport Yuzu arrives...first live appearance after being in ninja-mode for almost 3mths, reigning Olympic/World champion.... Intense interest won't even begin to describe it, and that's just the media. In Korea too, with fans very familiar with congregating at airports. I hope maybe he'll be allowed to exit out of a back door or something :13877886: (at least it won't ever be as bad as TVXQ at the height of their popularity...or even now)

I don’t think it’s going to be that bad. Skating fans is probably more respectful then idols stans..... I hope :unsure2: 

Yuzu don’t have any saseng fans. Thank god.  :13877886:

The media might be crazy though.  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

11 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I don’t think it’s going to be that bad. Skating fans is probably more respectful then idols stans..... I hope :unsure2: 

Yuzu don’t have any saseng fans. Thank god.  :13877886:

The media might be crazy though.  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I mean you never know if he has a few sasaengs. I have a feeling he has at least 1 or 2. Even though he’s not an idol his fame is similar to that of one so I’d expect some sasaengs- I just hope they don’t harm him.

46 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Omg that is crazy! I remember when we satellites were waiting for a long time to see Yuzu and when he emerged from the conference room, we just stood silently at a distance holding up our banner  to see him bow and walk away. 

8 minutes ago, teeannroo said:

I mean you never know if he has a few sasaengs. I have a feeling he has at least 1 or 2. Even though he’s not an idol his fame is similar to that of one so I’d expect some sasaengs- I just hope they don’t harm him.

I think it should be alright? Had rinkmates who went to COC this year, and the one group they could never approach was Team Japan. According to them, team japan always walked in a formation where the skaters were protected on all sides. And Zu has a knack for magicking himself in and out of rinks. At ACI, we had all gathered because someone said he arrived-a giant gathering at the stairs and rink front doors, waiting for him. We see Brian, we see a JSF person, photographers...15 minutes pass, crickets start chirping, no Yuzu. Then suddenly someone says actually he's already inside, proven true within minutes cause TrollZu shows up rinkside doing his image training.  We got trolled-HARD. And I think everyone is aware of his fame, so I imagine security around him will be even tighter, with extra body guards ready at any time. He's in good hands. 

Also, I would feel for those sasaengs-if they even make a move, most of the devote Yuzu fans would probably full body tackle them down. 

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think it should be alright? Had rinkmates who went to COC this year, and the one group they could never approach was Team Japan. According to them, team japan always walked in a formation where the skaters were protected on all sides. And Zu has a knack for magicking himself in and out of rinks. At ACI, we had all gathered because someone said he arrived-a giant gathering at the stairs and rink front doors, waiting for him. We see Brian, we see a JSF person, photographers...15 minutes pass, crickets start chirping, no Yuzu. Then suddenly someone says actually he's already inside, proven true within minutes cause TrollZu shows up rinkside doing his image training.  We got trolled-HARD. And I think everyone is aware of his fame, so I imagine security around him will be even tighter, with extra body guards ready at any time. He's in good hands. 

Also, I would feel for those sasaengs-if they even make a move, most of the devote Yuzu fans would probably full body tackle them down. 

I'm super convince that with the 4 month MIA, his security will definitely be tighter. My gut feeling is if there's too much crowd, he'd ninja his way out unless he comes to pyeonchang with team Japan where he'd probably take the same route as them. I remember there was a bit of crowd during 2017 4CC too right?

2 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I'm super convince that with the 4 month MIA, his security will definitely be tighter. My gut feeling is if there's too much crowd, he'd ninja his way out unless he comes to pyeonchang with team Japan where he'd probably take the same route as them. I remember there was a bit of crowd during 2017 4CC too right?

Yes, he comes with a giant warning label: Extra Security needed-just trust us, you don't want to know. 

But I also think Yuzu fans are kind of...polite? He did get sighted several times at the airport after ACI, but most fans kept their distance, even if filming.  It's kind of well known that he probably won't sign anything or take a photo etc, so why even bother? :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yes, he comes with a giant warning label: Extra Security needed-just trust us, you don't want to know. 

But I also think Yuzu fans are kind of...polite? He did get sighted several times at the airport after ACI, but most fans kept their distance, even if filming.  It's kind of well known that he probably won't sign anything or take a photo etc, so why even bother? :shrug:

Cause we all have hope :laughing: 

And the fans would probably give him space considering his asthma condition. I'm more worried about reporters tbh 

All I want is for him 

tenor.gif?itemid=5381809(x)

To enter like that ^

Ps, that water is all the salt he kept

And 

tenor.gif?itemid=5380321(x)

Leave the Oly stadium like ^

26 minutes ago, Xen said:

At ACI, we had all gathered because someone said he arrived-a giant gathering at the stairs and rink front doors, waiting for him. We see Brian, we see a JSF person, photographers...15 minutes pass, crickets start chirping, no Yuzu. Then suddenly someone says actually he's already inside, proven true within minutes cause TrollZu shows up rinkside doing his image training.  We got trolled-HARD. And I think everyone is aware of his fame, so I imagine security around him will be even tighter, with extra body guards ready at any time. He's in good hands. 

Seems like the classic Diversion trick! Brian takes the responsability to attract all crowds with him and part of the official team, while Yuzuru, together with his mom enters the venue through a complicated underground sewer canal system. Okay, I might have made up the last part. 

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

This is what gives me hope. It seems like skating fans are - by vast majority - fairly respectful of personal boundaries (apart from the awful ones crowding Mai at CoC). Part of me kind of hope we keep it that way but alas, with popularity comes many fans and more fans carries the risk that we'll get more of the handful of disrespectful ones that ruin it for everyone else. This is why I suppose 'fame' for Yuzu is a challenge esp since he never signed up for the idol life. Anyway, I'm sure it's going to be fine (esp since Brian and the team would have had experience with dealing with Yuna's meteoric popularity) - but very interesting to watch nonetheless. 

24 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Cause we all have hope :laughing: 

And the fans would probably give him space considering his asthma condition. I'm more worried about reporters tbh 

All I want is for him 

tenor.gif?itemid=5381809(x)

To enter like that ^

Ps, that water is all the salt he kept

And 

tenor.gif?itemid=5380321(x)

Leave the Oly stadium like ^

That's the most accurate description I've seen of his intro and outro all second off-season :biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Seems like the classic Diversion trick! Brian takes the responsability to attract all crowds with him and part of the official team, while Yuzuru, together with his mom enters the venue through a complicated underground sewer canal system. Okay, I might have made up the last part. 

Or backdoor, but you know, knowing the Lord of Extra, he might as well decide to go your route...

16 minutes ago, kaerb said:

This is what gives me hope. It seems like skating fans are - by vast majority - fairly respectful of personal boundaries (apart from the awful ones crowding Mai at CoC). Part of me kind of hope we keep it that way but alas, with popularity comes many fans and more fans carries the risk that we'll get more of the handful of disrespectful ones that ruin it for everyone else. This is why I suppose 'fame' for Yuzu is a challenge esp since he never signed up for the idol life. Anyway, I'm sure it's going to be fine (esp since Brian and the team would have had experience with dealing with Yuna's meteoric popularity) - but very interesting to watch nonetheless. 

Those were apparently regular autograph-robbers or something like that (forcing celebrity to make autographs for them, then reselling it-apparently they did tried to do the same to Mao few years back), and they were approached by Mai/Team Japan's fans as soon as they were spotted. Some of those (Chinese) fans threatened to call police on them for assaulting a 17 year old girl (thank god somebody remembered that skaters ARE on the younger side of age), then were so upset at the behavior of those goons (who apparently were saying things like since Mai's in China she HAS TO sign the stuff for them...:facepalm: I need to find that full message to quote properly but I'm so angry just thinking about that...) that Kobayashi had to go and comfort them that Mai is going to be all right. God bless the iron heart of Japanese athletes (and curse to hell those people I do not have a proper word for...or better yet, bless them with trying to approach Yuzu with HIS fans close by... they would be treated with so much poohs and salt, like some demons...)