General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Not in competition. We've seen some counter 2As from the ladies but no one dares on the 3A. I remember seeing an instagram video of someone doing a counter 3A in practice (don't remember who, not even sure if our lady of memory @kaeryth remembers it) and it was basically called 'doing a yuzu'. :laughing:

I remember that, I think it was some American Junior skater, torgashev? 

Eta: ugh looked at his Instagram and Kraznozhon's and don't see it. Don't see it on Vincent's either....but I coulda swore it was some American junior (prob now senior skater) and someone (Johnny?) commented like "Hello Yuzuru Hanyu" haha

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Reminds me of the speculation cycles over what he would skate to this season - usually culminating in a panic that he might go back to Phantom!

I really wish people wouldn't keep knocking Phantom.  It's my personal favorite of all his programs, the one I felt more than any other merged motion with music.  I can see why people might not be comfortable with it because of the association with the collision and what followed, yet I consider his skating in the GPF that year to be his finest ever skate despite the one fall from a failed lutz.  What one sees there is an intensity that indicates he is definitely a man on a mission, a man seeking to salvage a disastrous season.  Just look at his reaction after the skate in the kiss and cry.  I cannot remember any other time he was so overwhelmingly jubilant.  He's reacted strongly in many other skates but the degrees of jumping around, turning about and bowing even to those standing up above the kiss and cry, were well above his average reaction.  It was quite apparent he felt 'mission accomplished'.

49 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Not in competition. We've seen some counter 2As from the ladies but no one dares on the 3A. I remember seeing an instagram video of someone doing a counter 3A in practice (don't remember who, not even sure if our lady of memory @kaeryth remembers it) and it was basically called 'doing a yuzu'. :laughing:

You mean Alex Johnson?:smile:

55 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I love POTO. His WTT performance is my top five. Then again I love the musical and seen it a couple of times on stage and watched every movie and own the soundtrack...... :slinkaway:

57 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I love POTO. His WTT performance is my top five. Then again I love the musical and seen it a couple of times on stage and watched every movie and own the soundtrack...... :slinkaway:

Spoiler

Me too , Ramin Karimloo is my favorite phantom ( which I told him when I saw him in NY ):smile:

1 minute ago, ruruzest said:

Hide contents

Me too , Ramin Karimloo is my favorite phantom ( which I told him when I saw him in NY ):smile:

I love him! Him and Sierra Boggess was so perfect together. 

I’m really hoping POTO 2.0 with Yuzu as Christine this time around. :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Reveal hidden contents

Eeeeh you are so lucky you met him! He is so talented and my favourite Phantom too! çAAAAç 

(His "Christine, I love you" is the best ever and always manages to make me cry) 

44 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Eeeeh you are so lucky you met him! He is so talented and my favourite Phantom too! çAAAAç 

(His "Christine, I love you" is the best ever and always manages to make me cry) 

Omg , yes so soft so longing , Ramin can act and sing !

i lined up to meet the cast after Les Mis ( he played Marius and I told him “ you’re my favorite phantom !” And I got an autograph from him too !

47 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I love him! Him and Sierra Boggess was so perfect together. 

I’m really hoping POTO 2.0 with Yuzu as Christine this time around. :biggrin:

25th anniversary show in London is the best !

Thanks to my daughter who showed me this wonderful show and made me fall in love with the performance of Ramin and Sierra ! They’re so passionate and work so well together !