General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Sammie said:

**ugly crying**

I miss him so much! Is it me or he look even slimmer??  :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

I JUST GOT HERE AND WHAAAAT!

Ok he doesn't look like hulk but he didn't cut his hair and his hair is looking quite long so there's chance that he could show up to Pyeonchang with a short hair or he might come with long luscious locks and this sure does look like it was after practice so he looks a bit tired but maybe he did slim down a bit but can't really tell of the same all black ensamble and for real tho how long will his hair be at Olys... why am i focusing on his hair... 

sorry for the random hair comment. The sudden appearance is squeezing my heart and making me lose my rationality :sadPooh:

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

According to the source, the city of Kumamoto and the skating federation of Kumamoto city will hold a festival called "Kumamoto Fukko Fes" (My translation: Recovery of Kumamoto festival) and exhibit the bench in the festival. They say, "Come and see the bench!" They also say that they are very grateful for Yuzu knowing how he cares about the recovery of Kumamoto and that they wish him good luck in PyeongChang and will be cheering for him in Kumamoto.

So, not only is he Lord of Sendai but soon he will be Lord of Kumamoto as well :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

33 minutes ago, teeannroo said:

Do you guys think he has a chance of being in good form for the Olympics? Isn’t it like 2 weeks away?

Yes. I believe he can be in good form. 

ps. guys i got a ticket for the men's practice 8D so i will be contributing to the inevitable wealth of photographs of yuzu that will come out of pyeongchang. i'll take photos at practice and maybe during the 6 minute warm ups but not the actual comp performance cuz i dunno if thats allowed and i always get scared the camera clicks are distracting lol

7 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

As for jumps, as @PomeloPooh said, we have to remember that Yuzu has always insisted that jumps are an integral part of the program. I actually tend to think that when picking the music, he already visualizes the elements he wants to include (he probably has the layout in mind, with the flexibility of switching the elements around), to see where and if they fit. (It also wouldn't surprise me if he would sometimes dismiss music choices because he can't imagine where a jump or other would fit in. Like: "How about this song, Yuzu?" "Nah, my lutz doesn't go with that. It should be this.") and after that they add in the details. And while working, as Shae said, he throws in the jumps as he visualizes them. It also makes sense he would jump while working on the choreo, because I don't think you can properly figure out how timing works unless you actually do the jumps. And timing is essential for the high quality programs Yuzu aims for. Having to later add another couple of steps here and there to adjust the timing seems a bit needless, when you can just do it from the beginning. And I think this way of doing programs, as a whole, is actually what helps everything look muck more seamless in his programs compared to others.

My thanks to KatjaThera for correcting my post although I did warn that I was indulging in sheer speculation and I think that was recognized.  Going beyond speculation and taking into account the very valuable information (this isn't sarcasm here) provided I do wonder if the jumps Yuzu is including when he and his choreographers are putting together his program are full-out quads and triples or is he just putting in a lesser jump just to see how it would go in the layout.  I would think they might be lesser jumps (to reduce the chance of injury during the session) but that's just speculative logic on my part.  

9 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Impossible to know. My concern is that there have been no updates on his condition, not even very general ones like "his training is going well." 

It is impossible to know but I also think the silence has been strategic. Yuzu has said he is bothered by outside pressures/media noise. In a situation like this, saying nothing gives media nothing to talk about, little to use for grounds of speculation and hype or even saying he is doomed to lose out on the gold. I think he's likely fine but is keeping it quiet because it's better for his mentality going into the games to have as little media shit to deal with as possible.

4 minutes ago, micaelis said:

My thanks to KatjaThera for correcting my post although I did warn that I was indulging in sheer speculation and I think that was recognized.  Going beyond speculation and taking into account the very valuable information (this isn't sarcasm here) provided I do wonder if the jumps Yuzu is including when he and his choreographers are putting together his program are full-out quads and triples or is he just putting in a lesser jump just to see how it would go in the layout.  I would think they might be lesser jumps (to reduce the chance of injury during the session) but that's just speculative logic on my part.  

I hope I didn't sound too harsh or anything ^_^. Some of that is my own speculation as well, regarding the details. It could be fun to see the whole detailed process of putting together a program some day. For the same reasons I mentioned above - especially timing - I'm thinking he goes for quads, though without too much pressure to land them. But who knows... it definitely would be safer with fewer rotations, but I'm not sure it'd really serve the purpose. The things he'd want to check about the entrance and exit and time spent in the air and how they fit with the steps, I think those are quite a bit different from a triple to a quad. But really, that's just my guessing, I have no actual idea...

In the podcast with PJK SLB said that he puts his jumps in from the beginning - specifically the 3A - and said he was able to do that because they're working on new programmes immediately after WC so he's in shape to do that.  I don't suppose he's doing it for every run through, I'm sure he marks them a lot, but she said he does incorporate them from the start.

i don't find the lack of information surprising or sinister.  He's a working athlete not a celebrity looking for photo ops and he needs to focus.  We'll know in 2 weeks :biggrin: