General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, moonkat said:

Ah, so it's his shoulders! I just tried straightening my arm in a similar position to the one needed for Biellmann. There is no stress with bent arms, but straightening the arms is hard on the shoulders.  

Looking at it now, it is pretty noticeable his body is very flexible except for the shoulders when he was young.  

Less shoulder flexibility actually gives off the impression of broad powerful "masculine" shoulders, while the flexibility in the rest of his body gives off a delicate impression. Yuzuru movements naturally look like a mix of yin and yang!

Would holding his leg be easier for Yuzu then?

e20c9e85556d6bd01d16f70dddfd549b--yulia-

Perhaps it would be easier to hold his leg, instead of boot then? 

My everything hurts just from looking at that. Goodness, the strength and flexibility on practically all joints you'd need for that!

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

There is a thread for the ticket sales but i think we're all panicking and posting here anyway:13877886::

Wantsies.

Also kek @ "Hanyu selection"

He did say he liked berry flavored gum, right?

I couldn't find the ticket sale thread, sorry.  What is it under?

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Hmm...my rink is weird so I'll share this. One day we tried to see if we could pull into a bielman if someone pulled up our legs for us, and we only needed to hold it. My impression from trying that myself:

- Shoulder strength and flexibility-need a lot of that to get the twisting done correctly. My shoulder felt the most strain

- Upper back flexibility and strength- the more you have, the less strain on your shoulders, I'm not sure fat here does anything for you, since strength to hold your upper back up is more important

- Hip/thigh strength- more than flexibility, I recall strength was an issue, because otherwise my leg wanted to go down, which made my shoulders work harder. 

Weird! I feel like if someone else pulled my leg up for me, it would actually complicate the job! I don't understand anything about these things, but I did pull the Biellman position off (off-ice of course) a couple of times (which reminds me I have to restart my stretching routine... eventually), and it feels like the strenght of the different parts of your body has to find a sort of balance. I'll never understand how people pull it off WHILE spinning of course, that's just crazy for me. (FS is so hard lol). Also, how Yuzuru changed the dropping of the leg during the years? Incredible! It almost seems like putting that leg down that gently is even harder than ENTERING the Biellman. I don't know. Amazing. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Weird! I feel like if someone else pulled my leg up for me, it would actually complicate the job! I don't understand anything about these things, but I did pull the Biellman position off (off-ice of course) a couple of times (which reminds me I have to restart my stretching routine... eventually), and it feels like the strenght of the different parts of your body has to find a sort of balance. I'll never understand how people pull it off WHILE spinning of course, that's just crazy for me. (FS is so hard lol). Also, how Yuzuru changed the dropping of the leg during the years? Incredible! It almost seems like putting that leg down that gently is even harder than ENTERING the Biellman. I don't know. Amazing. 

Wow, you must be really flexible! And if I ever got on ice and got into that position - never gonna happen, but anyway - letting go would probably create the equal and opposite reaction of me landing on my face after shooting forward a few feet. It's amazing how flexible skaters are. And how toned. Even the ones considered lazy-ish in skating terms would be so hardworking and dedicated by my standards!

16 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Can someone translate please :snonegai:

1st panel just all the shikigami jumps having fun

2nd panel

Pooh: You’re not going?

Yuzu: Lutzun!

Lutzun: *surprised*

3rd panel

Let’s go. You said you wanted to win overwhelming, right?

4th panel

Lutzun: SHEIIIMEIIII!

*Brian can’t see shikigami*

Brian: Don’t be impatient. [Or don’t rush?]

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

1st panel just all the shikigami jumps having fun

2nd panel

Pooh: You’re not going?

Yuzu: Lutzun!

Lutzun: *surprised*

3rd panel

Let’s go. You said you wanted to win overwhelming, right?

4th panel

Lutzun: SHEIIIMEIIII!

*Brian can’t see shikigami*

Brian: Don’t be impatient. [Or don’t rush?]

:thanks:

7 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Because we have radio silence (unless Javi tattles again... please do Javi! :biggrin:) I've rechecked my Senior competitions thread to make sure that the links are still up (even though I don't think anyone's checking that thread :laughing:). The JSF nationals results have moved and some videos are no longer working so I'm slowly updating the links. Anyway, I thought I'd write out my favourite Yuzu performance for each season (regardless of the scoring). Feel free to write your own. I'm only checking/updating the 2010-11 season today so here are my faves for that season:

• SP: White Legend - There wasn't one single performance that stood out to me but I loved his performance at Nationals. The camera angles for his 3A and 3Lz were so good... /as well as that slo-mo of his 3Lip :biggrin:/. His StSq was less frantic than his GP performances as well.
  • FS: Zigeunerweisen - Not my favourite FS program but this was his first senior year. I'm torn between choosing NHK (mushroom's first 4T in competition and he nailed it!) or 4CC but I decided to go for 4CC for shallow reasons.... his cute reaction at the end of the program (and winning his first of many /3/ 4CC silver :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:) BONUS: Tracy's commentary of his 4T at 4CC "Oh! Was that a quad? It looked liked a triple... just kidding it was a quad."
  • Ex: Vertigo - NONE because I get secondhand embarrassment over this Ex. Seriously, I think Nanami sensei's husband was trolling the kid when he suggested the hip rolling for the choreo... ammunition to tease him with when he grows older. :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

I'll have you know I frequently refer to that thread and the ice show one to find the performances I'm looking for :thanks:

1 hour ago, axelnojutsu said:

I'll have you know I frequently refer to that thread and the ice show one to find the performances I'm looking for :thanks:

I've actually been searching for the ice show thread recently, but couldn't find it anymore... :waffle: Could you link it here, so I can bookmark it, please? :pouty: