General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Reminds me how he wasn't so sure about winning Worlds 2014. Or even at Sochi Olympics. 

He probably has his special list of 'true and worthy' gold medals. I hope he at least makes allowances for himself sometimes. Like Helsinki, I hope he decided to let go of the SP because the FS was perfect and so deserving of the true and worthy gold medal.

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

He probably has his special list of 'true and worthy' gold medals. I at least hope he makes allowances for himself sometimes. Like Helsinki, I hope he decided to let go of the SP because the FS was perfect and so deserving of the true and worthy gold medal.

Oh, I am sure he thoroughly enjoyed his Helsinki medal. :laughing:

(but still kicked himself for the SP)

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

If he ever ever says he didn't enjoy his hard-won medal, anyone with me to hop on a flight and go strangle him with pooh plushies?

12 часов назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

Pray for my soul. I may be going through lottery hell again soon. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

If you mean WC2019 I'll jump to that hell with you this time (not that I have much hope in success tbh). Canada/America is too far (expensive and 24h flights, harder to get visa) and I'd like to visit Japan again anyway. Uh, I think I was spoiled with big events in Europe in last couple of years.

10 minutes ago, Lunna said:

If you mean WC2019 I'll jump to that hell with you this time (not that I have much hope in success tbh). Canada/America is too far (expensive and 24h flights, harder to get visa) and I'd like to visit Japan again anyway. Uh, I think I was spoiled with big events in Europe in last couple of years.

If I could find direct flights it would be 14hrs but it’s minimum 19 and up to 32. :13877886: I will cross my fingers for a miracle and brace myself for lotteries. At least they’ll offer us all event passes for Worlds in the foreign sale so it won’t be as bad as NHK/GPF!

Just a reminder, Yuzuru's chapter in Shirota's book has only about 20 pages, and there is no photo of him (actually this book doesn't have any color photo!):laughing:

Reading the chapter of Midori Ito, I was kind of heart broken for her and thought getting Gold Medal was really hard and tough for the skaters and the teams. Shirota sounds to me like she is a very strict person, but at the same time, she is so passionate for the sport and bringing Gold medal to Japan, which I know is too much for some fans. But her career is beyond my expectation and I'm looking forward to reading the behind the scenes, I mean, the rest of the book :biggrin:

Shirota became a member of JSF in 1970, and recognized Yuzuru in 2004 at Nobeyama camp. (She was greatly involved in developing of the camp from the start.) After resigning from JSF, she still met Yuzuru's mother at the ice shows and was often asked for her advise about the costume and school. Shirota is 72 years old this year and has two children, so probably Yuzuru is like a grand child to her.

9 minutes ago, yude said:

Just a reminder, Yuzuru's chapter in Shirota's book has only about 20 pages, and there is no photo of him (actually this book doesn't have any color photo!):laughing:

Reading the chapter of Midori Ito, I was kind of heart broken for her and thought getting Gold Medal was really hard and tough for the skaters and the teams. Shirota sounds to me like she is a very strict person, but at the same time, she is so passionate for the sport and bringing Gold medal to Japan, which I know is too much for some fans. But her career is beyond my expectation and I'm looking forward to reading the behind the scenes, I mean, the rest of the book :biggrin:

Shirota became a member of JSF in 1970, and recognized Yuzuru in 2004 at Nobeyama camp. (She was greatly involved in developing of the camp from the start.) After resigning from JSF, she still met Yuzuru's mother at the ice shows and was often asked for her advise about the costume and school. Shirota is 72 years old this year and has two children, so probably Yuzuru is like a grand child to her.

Ah, thank you very much for the clarification! I thought there would be more, since she is part of his team now, too... but in that case, I think I'll skip buying it and save the money for other things ^_^;

But thank you for sharing information from it!

5 時間前, kaerythさんが言いました:

This didn't turn out to be the case in his first year there :13877886:.

Let's be real, it's gonna afflict him anywhere he is. It's just a matter of choosing somewhere that has less potential triggers and when it does happen, his family can for sure get him to a place that can provide medical  assistance in a timely fashion even if they were to not drive. Out of the three, Toronto is probably the only one that checks all those boxes.

5 時間前, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

Now I'm tempted to buy this one, too... >_<

My impression had always been that it was Yuzu who wanted TCC and it's the first time I hear there were other options and that they were given to him by Shirota. Then again, Yuzu said he liked TCC after reading about the club and its facilities, so it could be that the reading was of whatever Shirota had provided... (then again it's not the first time we have information that doesn't seem to fit what we knew before).

And I think he was bound to have health problems adjusting to a new environment no matter what, but maybe in Toronto they were less bad than they would have been elsewhere... Who knows... But I can't imagine how he would have worked with other coaches... Or how he would have performed without someone like Javi to motivate and help him get the images he needed when training. (Then again I'm not sure what other skaters were at the other clubs. But I doubt Patrick would have worked as well as Javi...)

(and a bit OT, I had a little heart attack at Hydro's reaction to the wedding dress, as I saw that before seeing what the post was about and thought "Oh, sh..., bad news?!" :13877886:I guess I'm more panicky than I thought...)

You know, there's been a number of people credited for his move. That Spin the Dream thing Asahi did on him credited Yutaka Higuchi, who has a long-standing friendship with Brian, then here Shirota seems to indicate she played a major part, and then there's Hanyu himself crediting Fernandez. Methinks Higuchi came up with the suggestion first, Shirota put it on the shortlist and Hanyu ultimately decided based on who he wanted to train with.

2 時間前, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

2 時間前, WinForPoohさんが言いました:

Maybe... Or maybe he means that he wants to be sure that he deserved the win because he performed to his very, very VERY lofty standards. Yuzu outdoes us all when it comes to being salty, but he's salty about his own performances being less than perfect. :13877886:

2 時間前, xeyraさんが言いました:

Reminds me how he wasn't so sure about winning Worlds 2014. Or even at Sochi Olympics. 

Think the only way he'll feel sure that he's the rightful winner is if he skated everything *exactly* the way he intended, or better. Anything less and it'd be insecure central for him. Guess that's how it is for those who innately know exactly how good they really are.

2 時間前, WinForPoohさんが言いました:

He probably has his special list of 'true and worthy' gold medals. I hope he at least makes allowances for himself sometimes. Like Helsinki, I hope he decided to let go of the SP because the FS was perfect and so deserving of the true and worthy gold medal.

2 時間前, xeyraさんが言いました:

And maybe this is the only other way he'd be happy with a win without two perfect performances. A comeback in the form of an FS skated to perfection, or damn near it. Though I'm not sure if it applies to the Olys since the circumstances are different. He had bungled two WCs prior and he really needed this one because of that, and with these two losses prior and Helsinki determining who gets to go into the Olys as World Champion, he really needed to prove to himself he can get what he badly wants if he puts his mind to it. PC, on the other hand, is supposed to be his chance at a redemption for his Sochi win (which he likely thinks is flawed due to being marred by a less than perfect FS), overwriting the uncertain vibes it gave him, and convince him that he deserves both that and this one.

44 分, yudeさんが言いました:

Shirota is 72 years old this year and has two children, to probably Yuzuru is like a grand child to her.

What the...thought she was at most in her 50s! She doesn't look a single day over that!

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

I snorted out loud. yuzu’s definitely winning the unintentional psychological warfare he’s wrought on his fans

It might be unintended for his fans but it's almost certainly intended for his opponents.  Consider us just collateral damage.