General Yuzuru Chat

i love his reactions and LOL brian orser - losing hair because of yuzu's EXTRA-ness :rofl2:

icy, i love your yuzuru signature banner!!!

Brian is one lucky coach! :smile: With a student of such talent, he must have been blessed by skating gods, but at the same time his job is probably awfully stressful.:acceptable:

glad you like it :)

Let's make it two students, Javi is talented enough and between the two of them poor Brian remains hairless ! :laugh:

Let's make it two students, Javi is talented enough and between the two of them poor Brian is remains hairless ! :laugh:

Sure, Javi's great too :space:

It's just that Yuzu alone must be a handful :smile: Imagine all those "I want to try 4A" talks... oh boy!

I don't know if this is the right place to speak about the jump.. But I remember Yuzuru once mentioned about quint jump in the men free presscon in Helsinki, i was wondering if ISU really start to give a score for quint jumps, will the skaters crazy enough to put it in their programs? I thought this 'quad era' was crazy enough.. I can't imagine if someone try to push the sport with quint jumps.. To think that 4A is likely possible (even with the risk) already made me nervous..

I can't imagine if someone try to push the sport with quint jumps..

If ISU keeps ignoring pre-rotation issues... why not? About one and a half rotations on the ice, and whoala!

Yuazz said:
I don't know if this is the right place to speak about the jump.. But I remember Yuzuru once mentioned about quint jump in the men free presscon in Helsinki, i was wondering if ISU really start to give a score for quint jumps, will the skaters crazy enough to put it in their programs? I thought this 'quad era' was crazy enough.. I can't imagine if someone try to push the sport with quint jumps.. To think that 4A is likely possible (even with the risk) already made me nervous..

Hi Yuazz! Perhaps your questions would suit the Overall skating talk thread more, but I think the ISU won't start thinking about quints until the 4A has been landed regularly. But it's also a big if, because I really hope they don't give quints points until boot technology, research into the mechanics of jumps and the consequences on the body, training facilities, and medical treatment all improve.

Hi Yuazz! Perhaps your questions would suit the [link=http://www.planethanyu.com/topic57.html]Overall skating talk thread[/link] more, but I think the ISU won't start thinking about quints until the 4A has been landed regularly. But it's also a big if, because I really hope they don't give quints points until boot technology, research into the mechanics of jumps and the consequences on the body, training facilities, and medical treatment all improve.

And I'm tempted to say we humans might become genetically enhanced then too... get a few genes from cats, for instance.

Sorry for fooling around!

Speaking of spins, I've discovered Yuzuru is already basically maxed out on scoring potential. In his Worlds SP, he earned 13.05 points for his three Level 4 spins. With perfect GOE, he would've earned 14.55. So the difference is only 1.5 points!

If he's working on them, it's to gratify the audience and give a good artistic impression. It's a bit sad to me that IJS doesn't differentiate spins more, and incentivize their development. Expanding the GOE corridor to -5/+5 could be helpful. The same for step sequences. Boyang and Nathan earned 4.3 for their StSq3, and Patrick and Yuzu earned 6.0 for their StSq4. It's not like a 1.7 point difference adequately reflects what I saw!

Probably the CoP wizards among you realized all this, but for me it's a cold shower... the jumps are everything :omg: :hammer:

You're going through a difficult problem.:nono: The chance of winning will be with skaters who jump 6-7 quads. Yuzu said that at some day he wouldn't jump more dificult jumps but improve other elements. ISU should introduce a separate competition "jumping on ice". There is a competition for Sports Par. :mad:

just one question : what should we do to accede to pls ??

I am sorry, I did not understand the question, could you put it again,please, or rephrase?

Don't worry, the question has clearly been answered and edited! :) It was a bit different!

just one question : what should we do to accede to pls ??

I am sorry, I did not understand the question, could you put it again,please, or rephrase?

Don't worry, the question has clearly been answered and edited! :) It was a bit different!

Ok, thank you! :pbow:

I don't want to say artistry can only coexist with a certain number of quads, because people used to say that about triples. It does seem beyond the limits currently, but maybe not for the future. I liked the balance Yuzu, Javi, Ten and Machida were striking around 2013-2015. Those programs were extremely satisfying to me. And of course I am always ready for Yuzuru to astound us, as he has done the past two seasons. The younger generation hasn't won me over yet with balanced programs. They have both formidable strengths and glaring weaknesses.