General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Ok but if you needed more proof that Yuzu has a high tolerance to sweets, that can was HUGE. The most I can drink in one sitting is 300ml of Coke, how did he drink that whole thing...

I actually thought that was a slim can of coke which is less than 12 oz which is what you see in the states. It was taller but slimmer so my guess was less than or equal to 12 fl oz. 

6 minutes ago, kiches said:

I actually thought that was a slim can of coke which is less than 12 oz which is what you see in the states. It was taller but slimmer so my guess was less than or equal to 12 fl oz. 

That sounds more sensible, anything more than that and I feel the sugar and carbonation consuming the inside of my mouth lol

17 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

That sounds more sensible, anything more than that and I feel the sugar and carbonation consuming the inside of my mouth lol

I thought he took one sip and then that can dissappeared offscreen.

7 時間前, Aotoshiroさんが言いました:

Also, so that was  what this second kanji set meant! I will never remember the official wrods like federation or company...

You mean 連盟 - renmei ?  It's the part of 日本スケート連盟 - Nihon Skēto Renmei (Japan Skating Federation).

Actually, I could not define 連盟の方 - Renmei no kata means plural or singular, or male or female, although the image of Ms. Kobayashi came to my head  :biggrin:

Also, I was a bit surprised as, at the age of 14, he used "の方 - no kata", instead of "の人 - no hito", even in his personal notebook.  The first one is more formal and polite. 

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/01/16/kiji/20180116s00079000143000c.html

According to Kobayashi-san, it seems like Yuzu had resumed training a week ago, and had asked his training menu to remain as a secret(?).

ETA: From my understanding, quite limited, I think it says he started to get back on ice in late December, and picked up his training a week ago. (But I am not so sure.) 

9 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/01/16/kiji/20180116s00079000143000c.html

According to Kobayashi, it seems like Yuzu had resumed training a week ago, and had asked his training menu to remain as a secret(?).

ETA: From my understanding, quite limited, I think it says he started to get back on ice in late December, and picked up his training a week ago. (But I am not so sure.) 

I’m also not sure how to translate 内容についてはふせさせてほしい. Not sure which ふ it is...can a native speaker help out here?

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

So back on the ice before Nationals meant literally just being on top of some ice... 

But that was pretty much what was said/expected. The news we had was that he intended to gradually increase his load to ensure his ankle was okay. dec 23rd was just over three weeks ago so... around two weeks full rest, four weeks rehab, 2-ish weeks on-ice rehab/gradually increasing his load and now back to his regular training - from last week which gives him over three weeks of training before Feb 1st when the athletes will already be in Korea. This is good. his injury should be fully healed and not cause him any problems. He would have been able to keep his fitness up through his rehab and if he's been working on his steps for 2 weeks i imagine his stamina isnt hugely wrecked either.