General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, theonecurriedplush said:

something about, "day before yesterday, papa, " and a 3A!

Need a better quality video for screenshots, but the next part seems to say something about how not to pop 3A  (before we run out of text). I wonder if his father gave him some advice, or he asked for some advice... (papa is cute, though... I wonder if he still calls him that... I always imagined his father as a serious school teacher that he'd address more politely/formally, like otousan... so papa is cute lol so then is his mother mama? :) )

Hi, everyone

I'll leave the quick translation of his latest message shown in the docu.

"It will be my second Olympic Games but in my mind, it's a new challenge.

Expectations for the consecutive Gold Medal is palpable whereas I'm the one who expects the most from me.

I received a lot of messages while I was injured.

I will do my utmost best and push myself to be able to show the best "Yuzuru Hanyu", embracing all those wishes along with my own that I have long cherished.

1 hour ago, theonecurriedplush said:

something about, "day before yesterday, papa, " and a 3A!

He  (age 14) wrote: I was scolded by "Papa" the day before yesterday so I tried not to pop the 3A. Then, I was able to land a cleanest 3A in a long time.

Cute! And Papa and not only Mama was obviously also following his progress closely.

51 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Need a better quality video for screenshots, but the next part seems to say something about how not to pop 3A  (before we run out of text). I wonder if his father gave him some advice, or he asked for some advice... (papa is cute, though... I wonder if he still calls him that... I always imagined his father as a serious school teacher that he'd address more politely/formally, like otousan... so papa is cute lol so then is his mother mama? :) )

katja, thanks for further info!

i think i've heard him mention them as mama and papa. but it's very much the norm, i think it's 85% of kids calling their parents mama/papa, there...if not more.

I'm a japanese descendent, never lived there (until visits recently) and very much a different generation, but I called my mother and father mama and papa. so i love the sound when the japanese say it!

3 minutes ago, riminin said:

He  (age 14) worte: I was scolded by "Papa" the day before yesterday so I tried not to pop the 3A. Then, I was able to land a cleanest 3A in a long time.

Cute! And Papa and not only Mama was obviously also following his progress closely.

Oh thank you for the full translation! what a gas! i can only get the hiragana for the most part, especially written. Do a little bit better with spoken!

8 minutes ago, riminin said:

He  (age 14) worte: I was scolded by "Papa" the day before yesterday so I tried not to pop the 3A. Then, I was able to land a cleanest 3A in a long time.

Aw! That's so sweet! Using kuyashii from parents to keep yourself from popping your 3A's! Amazing boy. 

I was reading the twitter and did he say he's still not gone to Niagara Falls? That is funny. He lives here.... and yet just this summer it was shown that both Marin and Mai have been there and they were here for just choreo... :). You have to smell the roses sometime, yuzu. I hope, on the day far in the future when he moves back to Japan for good, that he takes one of those tourist bus tours and sees Toronto... so when he's 50 he can actually say he saw Toronto points of interest... like, even just go skating at the outdoor rink at the Toronto sign at city hall.

1 hour ago, riminin said:

He  (age 14) wrote: I was scolded by "Papa" the day before yesterday so I tried not to pop the 3A. Then, I was able to land a cleanest 3A in a long time.

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh: