General Yuzuru Chat

54 分, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

Ah...so those American published articles were actually right when they said he incorporated it to stay competitive with Dynamo Nate and the rest. I've always been puzzled why he did that instead of simply adding another 4T to his previous layout to make it 5, since the 4Lo is still a pretty new toy and it takes him a while to stabilize new jumps enough for decent success rates. >_< 

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Ah...so those American published articles were actually right when they said he incorporated it to stay competitive with Dynamo Nate and the rest. I've always been puzzled why he did that instead of simply adding another 4T to his previous layout to make it 5, since the 4Lo is still a pretty new toy and it takes him a while to stabilize new jumps enough for decent success rates. >_< 

It’s so he can keep two of his beloved triple axels :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:  

Plus I think there’s a stigma about the 4Lz being the harder jump attempted so far. People tend to get higher scores on other components when they add it in. 

20 分, kichesさんが言いました:

It’s so he can keep two of his beloved triple axels :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:  

Plus I think there’s a stigma about the 4Lz being the harder jump attempted so far. People tend to get higher scores on other components when they add it in. 

Oh you mean he needed at least 3 standalone quads for that to happen? I guess that makes sense...

Still, I think pride (and greed xD) has a lot to do with it. Like, if he were to win, he wants to do it with a BV that isn't significantly trailing behind others, despite being ahead of others in pretty much everything else. Because winning with one of the highest BV in the field has always been a major part of his modus operandi. He sees all these other dudes challenging him and he wants to rise to them. Which I guess is consistent with his mindset of being a challenger instead of a leader. That, or the dude just basically wants everything. >_<

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh you mean he needed at least 3 standalone quads for that to happen? I guess that makes sense...

Still, I think pride (and greed xD) has a lot to do with it. Like, if he were to win, he wants to do it with a BV that isn't significantly trailing behind others, despite being ahead of others in pretty much everything else. Because winning with one if the highest BV in the field has always been a major part of his modus operandi. He sees all these other dudes challenging him and he wants to rise to them. Dude basically wants everything. >_<

You can only repeat two types of triples or quads. Assuming his other repeat is the 4S if he added in another 4T he would no longer have been able to also repeat the 3A. 

All that aside, I think 4Lz would’ve been in his plan at some point regardless of what others were doing. 

5 hours ago, liv said:

You know, the pictures of those girls all look similar... and if you look closer you will see they all look more like HIM. It is a well known theory that many people choose someone that looks like them, studies have confirmed this (I noticed it years before the studies)... not like twins, but certain similarities in features, and if those pictured are accurate reflections of his type, then well, there you go....

...what about "opposites attract"? Yuzu is, I've noticed over the years, EXTREMELY quick-minded. I wouldn't put it past him to throw out examples that don't resemble whoever he actually likes! (fair enough if you're that famous, don't you think?) ...my first post, and sorry, a boring one. i'll go back to lurking now. i'm actually really focused on his skating and don't have much interest in his life outside of it. but there's been so little of his skating this year...

4 minutes ago, kiches said:

ll that aside, I think 4Lz would’ve been in his plan at some point regardless of what others were doing. 

I thought so too.  I think he tried to keep up with his original plan which was paused abit during 2014-15 season. He trained 4lz since 2014, there's no way he would add another jumps  just because of what's others doing. It took him around 2 years to put 4lo in the layout. I think he doesn't want to be in Patrick's situation, or even Yuna and he tried his best to avoid that. With the inflation in PCS and GOE these days, BV is the only thing you can depend on. Given how he watched his rivals closely and his current situation, I won't surprise he and his team may make alot of changes. 

2 minutes ago, theonecurriedplush said:

...what about "opposites attract"? Yuzu is, I've noticed over the years, EXTREMELY quick-minded. I wouldn't put it past him to throw out examples that don't resemble whoever he actually likes! (fair enough if you're that famous, don't you think?) ...my first post, and sorry, a boring one. i'll go back to lurking now. i'm actually really focused on his skating and don't have much interest in his life outside of it. but there's been so little of his skating this year...

Actually I think this might be the case. I learned (from idols) that they like to just toss random ppl they like and change up “ideal” types to throw ppl off. Didn’t Yuzu said himself that ppl ideal types might not be the one ppl end up with anyways..... or was it someone else’s comment.   :scratch2:

Slightly OT, but also following the documentary, with Hydro's encouragement, I've created a new thread to discuss Yuzuru's chances at getting his second OGM. There have been talks here before, but it's hard to go back and find them, for newer users who might have concerns already addressed, so the idea is to discuss that in its own thread, where it'd be easier to find.

3 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Actually I think this might be the case. I learned (from idols) that they like to just toss random ppl they like and change up “ideal” types to throw ppl off. Didn’t Yuzu said himself that ppl ideal types might not be the one ppl end up with anyways..... or was it someone else’s comment.   :scratch2:

This is the only thing I'm going to comment about this because i kinda remember what he said.

Once, he said that his ideal type is whoever he falls in love with.

In another interview where they asked his type he said that type doesn't matter as long as you're happy with the feelings or something like that.

So actually, I think he doesn't really have one. Maybe he doesn't care as long as they let him crash into the walls and talk about skating non stop :)