General Yuzuru Chat

11 時間前, getsurenkaさんが言いました:

Reveal hidden contents

I just can't get over some of the things they accused Yuzu to do...

I can see people, esp fans of other skaters, critiquing Yuzu's skating and think someone else deserved better scores than him (even though I disagree), but to accuse him of things like his asthma and injuries are fake and he is using stimulants and drugs to he intentionally crashed into Han Yan and other skaters to he makes up lies about his experience in earthquake etc is just too much? 

Hmm. I don't think what I'm about to say warrants hiding but if it's the whole subject itself you find may be upsetting to people (and understandably so), then I shall comply.

Spoiler

So what they're basically doing is hypothesizing that the entire existence of Yuzuru Hanyu is staged? Like a piece of fiction or something?

...*shrug* can't say I blame them. Guy is way, way, waaaay too good to be true.

See, if you write the guy's whole story and character--imperfections and all--down, you'd find that it reads as exactly that. A piece of fiction. A rather well-written one, I might add. So well-written in fact, that there have been many points where I've asked myself if he's not just a lovely and epic lie being told to us by the gods. Or if I'm somehow dreaming him up in the longest dream I've ever had.* Some are probably even convinced that one of these is fact because, well, there have always been exceptional athletes but at some point, most will still fit into a realistic mould or another that enables us to believe that they exist on the same plane as us. But Yuzuru Hanyu is one of the very rare few who simply won't fit no matter which hole you try to hammer him through, though if you were to overlay one of them empowering fictional stories with his, you will find quite a number of overlaps.

Anywho, I will happily accept this fantastic lie spun for us by the divine because, well, who doesn't like a good story? Granted, not everyone knows how to appreciate it, but let's not fault them for their inability. I, for one consider it a handicap. But unlike most other handicaps, this is a truly limiting one with no plus sides at all.

*I only manage to persuade myself that he's real because of all the fantastic failures and alarming injuries he's had, lol. Don't think I'm masochistic enough to dream those up. And being a godly fib doesn't prove he's not real, it only proves that he's a myth who refuses to stay a myth, which makes him one of a kind, so.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Hmm. I don't think what I'm about to say warrants hiding but if it's the whole subject itself you find may be upsetting to people (and understandably so), then I shall comply.

Hide contents

So what they're basically doing is hypothesizing that the entire existence of Yuzuru Hanyu is staged? Like a piece of fiction or something?

...*shrug* can't say I blame them. Guy is way, way, waaaay too good to be true.

See, if you write the guy's whole story and character--imperfections and all--down, you'd find that it reads as exactly that. A piece of fiction. A rather well-written one, I might add. So well-written in fact, that there have been many points where I've asked myself if he's not just a lovely and epic lie being told to us by the gods. Or if I'm somehow dreaming him up in the longest dream I've ever had.* Some are probably even convinced that one of these is fact because, well, there have always been exceptional athletes but at some point, most will still fit into a realistic mould or another that enables us to believe that they exist on the same plane as us. But Yuzuru Hanyu is one of the very rare few who simply won't fit no matter which hole you try to hammer him through, though if you were to overlay one of them empowering fictional stories with his, you will find quite a number of overlaps.

Anywho, I will happily accept this fantastic lie spun for us by the divine because, well, who doesn't like a good story? Granted, not everyone knows how to appreciate it, but let's not fault them for their inability. I, for one consider it a handicap. But unlike most other handicaps, this is a truly limiting one with no plus sides at all.

*I only manage to persuade myself that he's real because of all the fantastic failures and alarming injuries he's had, lol. Don't think I'm masochistic enough to dream those up. And being a godly fib doesn't prove he's not real, it only proves that he's a myth who refuses to stay a myth, which makes him one of a kind, so.

Spoiler

Wow, what a way to turn this discussion around into a positive thing. :clap: When I first learned about Yuzu, I had a lot of disbelief too and even now every move he makes and events unfolding continues to surprise me. He not only looks like he walked out of a manga, his story too. I can't believe there's not a manga on him yet. It's just so inspirational, but of course because he's human is why it's so special and rare.

About this subject: To be honest, antis are unsurprising, though an anti site is a step further, I mean the dedication behind it! And we just started Planethanyu! But I don't care much about it until the antis bring that stuff out of the site and start spreading it around, which has happened.