General Yuzuru Chat

On 10.01.2018 at 7:31 AM, WinForPooh said:

I sometimes wish we could have one competition without the Zayak rule. One competition of Yuzu winning with all 3A and 3A-3T combos against quads of his opponents' choice, because he would win that with +3 across the board and 99 PCS. I miss his glorious 3A more than anything else. I need a new Yuzu 3A.

S, I'm not the only one who wants a 'Program with only your best jump" competition, where Yuzu goes all-Axel (another 3A-3A-3A combo maybe?) and blows everybody out of the water... heck, he could freaking adapt a tribute to the Axel the Swan ex into a competitive all axel jumps program and probably set the highest score possible.

Or I have an Idea- a reverse Zayak rule: you can only use the jumps of one type, across all rotations (Yuzuru 1A and 3A would rule the world)

On 10.01.2018 at 1:32 PM, LadyLou said:

Tbh I'd like to hear more often praises for "3F out of nowhere", most of the times commentators barely bother to even say "3F", as if there wasn't anything special about the jump :dry:

Considering it is the easiest jump in his layout according to the BV, there is nothing special happening, just usual Hanyu jump-out-of-the-hat magic...

23 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I almost had a heart attack in front of my telly when he landed the CoD in Helsinki!!! Crying and jumping in the same time .... it was epic !!! :embSwan:

I was late to the work and my coworkers were looking at me weirdly even after we did settled and opened... I must have grown additional pair of wings or something :biggrin:

22 hours ago, Sammie said:

I don’t think I will able to watch him during the Olympics. Practices and team events are fine.  :13877886:

Sightsee at day, wake up in the middle of the night to watch Yuzu. This is going to be soo interesting...

20 hours ago, Xen said:

Need to lock myself up in my room to watch. Will be lectured for being anti-social. But I think my priorities are correct-Chinese New Year's happens every year, but Olys is only once every 4 years. Yep!:acceptable:

Very good priorities! I hope my roommate won't kill me for watching stuff at like 2 in the morning....

7 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

That literally translates into ":Don't even touch me right now it's just Me and my Gold Meduru."

Reminds me of this video where he's shooting daggers everywhere while preparing. And imagine it'll be x100000 times now becuz it's Olympics...

Oh...god xD murder face all way on, the Japanese something falling behind Javi in K&C, and then the additional pause after announcer says Yuzu's name just so the cheers could pass xD Good times, the ACL short...

43 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

That literally translates into ":Don't even touch me right now it's just Me and my Gold Meduru."

Reminds me of this video where he's shooting daggers everywhere while preparing. And imagine it'll be x100000 times now becuz it's Olympics...

Watch all day every day until Olympics...

1 hour ago, Aotoshiro said:

S, I'm not the only one who wants a 'Program with only your best jump" competition, where Yuzu goes all-Axel (another 3A-3A-3A combo maybe?) and blows everybody out of the water... heck, he could freaking adapt a tribute to the Axel the Swan ex into a competitive all axel jumps program and probably set the highest score possible.

Or I have an Idea- a reverse Zayak rule: you can only use the jumps of one type, across all rotations (Yuzuru 1A and 3A would rule the world)

3A as second jump makes it a sequence which has lower BV, doesn't it? :dry: But that does not make any sense to me either so as long as we're redoing the rules, we'll scrap that too. Oooh, imagine if the reverse-Zayak competition could happen after he lands Nessie, it would be incredible! :Strawberry:

43 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

I've been reading a lot that Yuzu can't jump 2A anymore, is this true or meant to be a joke? Been wondering about that for a while now... :confused:

He said he has very little sense of 2A.  A few years ago in ice show, he tried several 2A and all failed. 3T is also difficult for him. 

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

He said he has very little sense of 2A.  A few years ago in ice show, he tried several 2A and all failed. 3T is also difficult for him. 

Which is funny since he tacks a 3 toe on in combination. But it's never the same as starting off with it.  With him getting back on the ice and relearning jumps, I would think he'd start at singles to work his way up. So would he just hit a 3A out of the gate? Maybe 1A to 3A? He can do a 3A off the ice.  

1 hour ago, robin said:

He‘ll have to relearn the 2A....

44 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

I've been reading a lot that Yuzu can't jump 2A anymore, is this true or meant to be a joke? Been wondering about that for a while now... :confused:

It's true, if you look at the consistency, and compare it to the consistency of 3A - btw, found the group number he mentions in Keiji no Heya- the one where he had to jump 2A and he himself admits he had few veeeeery risky landings on it xD It's in SoI'14

It's not that he can't, to answer your question, it's just it refuses to be small enough for Yuzu not to rotate more, and that makes it hard for him, as his inborn instinct is to get into tight rotating position asap, and with 2A and his power, he should actually maintain a lose stance (I remember one TV show [kiritoru?] has shown a piece of his talk with Mao, where they compared the techniques behind 3A and 2A, and they said something about having to jump more flat-forward for 2A). When you try to adjust your position mid air, you lose your balance, blah, blah, risky landing ready. 

I think Kenji no Heya ep.3(??Or two, I do not remember the number) has him explaining it the best :biggrin: 

13 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Which is funny since he tacks a 3 toe on in combination. But it's never the same as starting off with it.  With him getting back on the ice and relearning jumps, I would think he'd start at singles to work his way up. So would he just hit a 3A out of the gate? Maybe 1A to 3A? He can do a 3A off the ice.  

Maybe, his 3A is always easy and effortless and he often use it as a warm up jump. He said solo 3T is not a good jump for him, its the last triple he got (I'm not sure about this). Yeah his 3T in combo is amazing, the way he use his toe pick to vault himself into the air is :smiley-love017: ( When will the most beautiful 3T rippon comeback from war :smiley-sad021:)

Edit : I found it, its in Kenji's room : http://yuzuruhanyubr.tumblr.com/post/128820801146/kenjis-room-episode-2-translation

An article of NUMBER some time ago, it was said that as skaters jump quads of more types than before, sometimes it seems to be difficult for them to catch the timing of less rotational jumps, i.e. triple jumps.  I have no idea whether this is really true or not, but it is likely that Yuzuru feels difficult to jump 2A.       

EDIT:  Shoma seems to have difficulty in his 4T now, as he cannot control too much rotation.

Took me many hours later to realize that his comment at that J Awards was a worded comment and not a video. :facepalm:

Hanyu and his team are really taking this no recent videos or pictures thing, no big updates thing, to a whole new level. In this day and age.

Sending text and line messages to JSF. Sending a worded comment to an awards show. Gotta admire the effort to keep everyone else in the dark. I'm actually continually surprised and kind of proud of this skater and whoever is managing him (since he doesn't have an agency). Like they say, if you're going to do something, do it right. Don't water the cacti.

Or it's a plan for when Yuzu shows up in real time to shock everyone because he's sporting long locks like CJH.

9 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Took me many hours later to realize that his comment at that J Awards was a worded comment and not a video. :facepalm:

Hanyu and his team are really taking this no recent videos or pictures thing, no big updates thing, to a whole new level. In this day and age.

Sending text and line messages to JSF. Sending a worded comment to an awards show. Gotta admire the effort to keep everyone else in the dark. I'm actually continually surprised and kind of proud of this skater and whoever is managing him (since he doesn't have an agency). Like they say, if you're going to do something, do it right. Don't water the cacti.

Or it's a plan for when Yuzu shows up in real time to shock everyone because he's sporting long locks like CJH.

He’s not obligated to send any photos or videos. I think just comments are what’s normal and expected for something like this where he wasn’t expected to show up any way.