General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, ThiriYuzu said:

I've already followed that account apparently. I've already read through all available resources and watched all videos a few times. I've already back-tracked all possible forums too. That's why I've run out of materials. 

If you're done with the translations, there are those documentaries, too. I don't have the links, but they were compiled in a blog.

She has exams, why're we doing this. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

I finally got around to watching Jun-hwan's skates at his nationals and my faith in TCC's injury management+rehabilitation+training+mental and physical conditioning has been completely rejuvenated.

You show them, Yuzu!

omg saaaaaame seeing Junhwan bounce back at nationals made me breathe like 10 sighs of relief, for baby Junnie and for Yuzu. Junhwan might not have the level of pressure that Yuzu has but he does have pm his whole fed leaning on him. Knowing TCC is helping him deal with that and managing his injuries and getting him back on track right on time to get the Olympic spot gives me serious good vibes

1 minute ago, CupidsBow said:

omg saaaaaame seeing Junhwan bounce back at nationals made me breathe like 10 sighs of relief, for baby Junnie and for Yuzu. Junhwan might not have the level of pressure that Yuzu has but he does have pm his whole fed leaning on him. Knowing TCC is helping him deal with that and managing his injuries and getting him back on track right on time to get the Olympic spot gives me serious good vibes

He had to make up over 20 points, too. That is pressure! He skated clean and so well. (And he's so tall now!) Olympics might be easier for him after that, he has to do himself and the audience proud but nobody expects him to medal or anything. But what a test he had, and how well he did! We should have more faith in the TCC team and in Yuzu. We are too anxious.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, Amura365 said:

How likely do you think it is that Hanyu will win the Olympics or even be considered a favorite for gold now. I mean with his injury and being off the ice for months it's not looking good I'm not expecting him to podium to be truthfully honest.

On the basis of precedent I have to respectfully disagree.  The basis of my disagreement - Yuzu's habit of doing above expectations when the big things are on the line - ie, GPF 2014, and World Championships last year.  In both cases more than just a competition was on the line.  At the GPF Yuzu was entering with his season in tatters due to the collision in Shanghai and its aftermath.  At the GPF he was not simply skating to win a competition, he was skating to salvage a season and to retain credibility as the number one male skater in the world.  He turned in what I consider his greatest performance ever, even despite the fall he had in that FS.  At Helsinki he was again skating to salvage his reputation.  He was trailing badly coming out of the SP and if he were to lose there he would start being seen as a skater who didn't have it in him to win the big ones, since that would be three years in a row he'd silvered at Worlds.  In short, he was skating to maintain his reputation and not simply to win the title.  In the first skate he came in just short of setting a new scoring record for the FS.  In the second he actually did set a new FS record.  In both cases he not only won the title but reasserted his claim as number one in the world.  That is the case here.  Because of his long absence from competition his claim on world's number one ranking is very shaky.  That is something I'm fairly certain is very, very important to Yuzu.  I think Yuzu is determined not only to win at PC but to do it spectacularly, to prove wrong all those who doubt him.  There are two possible scenarios I can see playing out here.  One is like Helsinki last year where he enters the FS trailing, trailing where he's not even in podium position before the skate starts.  He broke his own FS record and made the men's competition last year as one of the most dramatic ever.  The second is a replay of GPF 2014, where he did very well in the SP and entered the FS with a comfortable lead and then went on to skate brilliantly, turning in a performance that quite simply was incredible, adding substantially to the margin he had from the SP (winning by some 35 points).  Actually, (it just came to mind) there is another possibility also, one which has precedent, one we saw in those two iconic weeks back in 2015, where at the NHK he set records across the board - SP, FS and Combined - records which many assumed would not be easily repeated but which he did just two weeks later at the GPF.  Look at that self-satisfied half-smirk on his face as he glides about waiting to take his formal bows.  Behind that expression he seems to be saying 'I showed you'.  If he were to do that at PC he would put himself in a solid position to be GOAT.  I know that what's most important to him is to keep challenging himself.  Actually I've begun to think the records he's setting are a means of keeping score on how well his self-challenges are going, since every time he sets a record he's bettering one he himself set.  In any case I think he will defy all expectations at PC because more than just an Olympic gold is on the line.  It's not just a title he's salvaging, it's not just a season he's salvaging.  It's a career he's salvaging.  My faith is in Yuzu because whenever his career is on the line he proves all the doubters wrong. 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

He had to make up over 20 points, too. That is pressure! He skated clean and so well. (And he's so tall now!) Olympics might be easier for him after that, he has to do himself and the audience proud but nobody expects him to medal or anything. But what a test he had, and how well he did! We should have more faith in the TCC team and in Yuzu. We are too anxious.

I have faith. Whatever the results are (but uhh statistically and logically speaking it's hecking unlikely that Yuzu will finish off podium he hasn't finished lower than silver in a major even for years. 45.65% of his senior results have been gold and only 17.39% have been off podium. If we only look at his results post-sochi olympics to now it's 54.55% gold and 4.55% off podium. 1 off-podium finish since Sochi. And that was the NHK he couldn't practice after the COC collision. I'm just sayin'.) i know he will peform something special because he is special. If he got back on the ice like 2-3 weeks ago? I'm not worried. There's still like 3 more weeks until everyone is going to Pyeongchang. He has time still to build up his strength, stamina, and comfort level with jumps to a good level. He just needs to stay healthy.

45 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

(Add Ambesi & Dolfini, they were holding their breaths for that combo just like us:laughing:

I think one of the Japanese commentators watching in the arena basically threw his arms in the air when he landed it. :laughing:

hace 12 minutos , ralucutzagy said:

I almost had a heart attack in front of my telly when he land the CoD in Helsinki!!! Crying and jumping in the same time .... it was epic !!! :embSwan:

I was crying and jumping after each jump, but mostly after CoD and the 3Lz. Oh, sweet memories :girlsigh:

and 4Lo behaved well then

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

I was 90% sure that he's gonna win after that  :10636614:... do you imagine the scores if he didn't made that mistake in short?? :13877886:

I made a stats sheet in the general skating chat which listed the % that each guy managed to grab of all possible points in the free skate at Helsinki. I haven't done the SP ones yet. You're making me want to do it just to see if he could have broke 335 total last season if his SP managed to grab the same percentages as his long.

hace 4 minutos , ralucutzagy said:

I was 90% sure that he's gonna win after that  :10636614:... do you imagine the scores if he didn't made that mistake in short?? :13877886:

My suffering was inimaginable while Shoma and Javi were skating :smiley-laughing021:.  

He could have got 110 in SP easily, at GPF he already got 106 with -GOE 4Lo. 

28 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I almost had a heart attack in front of my telly when he land the CoD in Helsinki!!! Crying and jumping in the same time .... it was epic !!! :embSwan:

I couldn't watch that performance live :slinkaway:

I was so stressed and nervous I felt sick and stayed in my bed until I saw the score on the live results page. I remember my hands shaking so bad I had to try few times to be able to press the refresh button.

4 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I couldn't watch that performance live :slinkaway:

I was so stressed and nervous I felt sick and stayed in my bed until I saw the score on the live results page. I remember my hands shaking so bad I had to try few times to be able to press the refresh button.

I don’t think I will able to watch him during the Olympics. Practices and team events are fine.  :13877886: