General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Yass my babies Sekai no owari! The song is so good! Though tbh doesn't seem quite the type of song for Olympics, but whatever.

Hanyu's cut was great! His fierce/focused look at he end. Though surprised that for once they went without inserting Seimei Yuzu.

38 分, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

Oh hey, it's that band Pennywise's in. Guess luring and devouring little kids got old pretty fast. Nice lyrics and melody but a bit of a snoozefest for me. The one they had for Sochi was kind of in the same vein as well, iirc...

Something like what GLAY did for Daiya no Ace would've been great...

15 分, Forcefieldさんが言いました:

Yass my babies Sekai no owari! The song is so good! Though tbh doesn't seem quite the type of song for Olympics, but whatever.

Hanyu's cut was great! His fierce/focused look at he end. Though surprised that for once they went without inserting Seimei Yuzu.

Hanyu's cut didn't fit in with the song. If they put in SEIMEI it'd stick out even worse. xxD I thought they'd put a scene of him crying or beaming at the K&C, or simply smiling while training/practicing (there's a lot of those), or something along those line, but they picked something that would fit better with a more punchy tune so now he looks like the angry dude who refuses to cooperate like everyone else did. >.<

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh hey, it's that band Pennywise's in. Guess luring and devouring little kids got old pretty fast. Nice lyrics and melody but a bit of a snoozefest for me. The one they had for Sochi was kind of in the same vein as well, iirc...

Hanyu's cut didn't fit in with the song. If they put in SEIMEI it'd stick out even worse. xxD I thought they'd put a scene of him crying at the K&C, or smiling, or something along those line, but they picked something that would fit better with a more punchy tune so now he looks like the angry dude who refuses to cooperate like everyone else did. >.<

Oh, I didn't know they also did a song for Sochi. I guess I'm a bad fan, lol. Even as a fan I have to say Sekaowa has a bad habit of creating songs that don't really fit the theme or are a jumble of things and loud instruments, or with unnecessary autotune, so I guess I was just happy they put out a safe song that I can actually enjoy lol.

RE: Yuzu's cut

:smiley-laughing021: I don't think its that bad. I guess they tried to salvage it using slow-mo on his part. Though now that you've stated the other more fitting options for his cut, it's such a missed opportunity. Would have been so good and better with this type of song.

13 分, Forcefieldさんが言いました:

Oh, I didn't know they also did a song for Sochi. I guess I'm a bad fan, lol. Even as a fan I have to say Sekaowa has a bad habit of creating songs that don't really fit the theme or are a jumble of things and loud instruments, or with unnecessary autotune, so I guess I was just happy they put out a safe song that I can actually enjoy lol.

RE: Yuzu's cut

:smiley-laughing021: I don't think its that bad. I guess they tried to salvage it using slow-mo on his part. Though now that you've stated the other more fitting options for his cut, it's such a missed opportunity. Would have been so good and better with this type of song.

I dunno if it's the same band that did the one for Sochi (it's probably a different one) but it was a slow-ish, non-punchy tune like this as well which didn't help me connect with the athletes at all despite the inspiring lyrics...

They've got so many great tunes that they use in sports anime all the time so it would've been so much better (to me) if they'd gone along that vein this time. If not one of those, then something like the one Pandalion did just for Hanyu would've been good, too...which come to think of it, is basically like one of those in sports anime, lol.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Huh. What with the guy finally skating clean (or cleaner than he has all season) and this being the US Nats, I kind of thought he'd have been scored higher. But if he skates clean again with even higher difficulty in an ISU-sanctioned event where the inflation seems to kind of reflect US, Russia and Japan Nationals scoring, something that I think is *very* telling, then there's really no telling how high it can go, since Chen doesn't have to worry about anything else but landing his jumps. As do a couple of other top men. For him, everything else that isn't there will be automatically imagined into reality by the judges, and for others, everything that's there that shouldn't be will be exactly the things the judges happen to be blind towards. Among these top contenders, there are exactly three who don't require the judges to expend their magical powers like that but they unfortunately make a lot of mistakes in the process of trying to save these judges their magical energy.

Well you guys also forgot, that even with Nats inflation, Nate's total score still didn't beat a not so clean Hanyu from WC 2017. Yes, Nate watered down his layout, and he had a popped axel in LP, but consider that Yuzu had an invalidated combo in SP and 1 less quad in LP in Helsinki, both of which should allow Nate plenty of room to catch up Nate was still under that score even with Nats-flation. While I agree that judges like to "add" points to other guys, what GPF showed is that judges still judge on a relative basis, so if Nate gets really good scores, the other men who are known for being more artistic would get even higher scores. Try as the media might, Nate is probably not going to crack the top 3 or 4 yet artistically when all things are equal-and his scores in PCs probably rely on him skating clean moreso than the scores of the other men in the top 4 (Boyang being the only one similar to him). 

So while I agree that it's possible, I'd rather hope Yuzu skate his ideal skate (clean all segments) and let the chips fall where they may. People will remember Seimei and Ballade that way, it would be considered the iconic men's FS Olympics program, and that might be more important . And if COR showed us anything...judges still like him a lot. =)

2 hours ago, JobsCK said:

Sorry if I spoil the mood but I just watched US nat and feel really salty about the scoring. Now I'm getting more worried for Yuzu. What if this nonsense scoring happens at Olys too? Will this hype effect the scoring? I'm so scared. I can't imagine Yuzu not standing in the middle of the podium cause that probably means he couldn't skate clean or he got robbed. That would be a heartbreaking moment and I don't think my heart can take it. I don't even think I can watch Olys live anymore. My head is full of negative thoughts right now I need help. T___T

That's the reason why Nats scoring do not count towards records (just for the measure, I believe that even if they did, Yuzu would still be the first to break the 100 barrier in the short, as he did get that ridiculously high by that-time standards score back in 2013 Nats)

Also, as somebody pointed out, I honestly don't care where he stands on the podium, as long as this place is result of two clean skates, because EVERYBODY will know who was the real winner. However, you don't have to imagine Yuzu anywhere else than there, it's the privilege of our imagination that it IS OURS and so, everything that happens in there, happens as we wish it to happen :biggrin: Last thing you need to remember, he won GPF'15 over probably the cleanest men field we have seen in this quad, an the records setted back there are either unbeatable (total...) or broken by exactly one person, and we all like this person enough to accept WR from him (even if the SP WR is set with no new fancy quads in the mix, mind you, and it still can be about two-and-some points higher with the same layout) xD 

So yeah, I'm more worried about the young guys being hyped so much they will crumble under pressure-remember, that's Nate's second Senior year and he already is pushed as somebody who can lose everything (not to mention sophomore curse a lot of people agree exist- let's exclude Yuzu, we agree he's an alien so that rule doesn't apply to him), Shoma's mindset of 'there will be no more' might either propel him forward or push him down completely, and Boyang...at this point I just hope he skates healthy in the Olys, though Miracle ronze for him a'la last two worlds isn't excluded from my imagination either (though I wish the bronze would get to Patrick as well, so that he won't have the double-silver frustration a'la Brian, but also medal in his final year...T.T)

41 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

...I wonder why is he actually the only figure skater shown in the practice, not in his costume...so popular or so charismatic you do not need usual props to get him into proper CM?

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Hanyu's cut didn't fit in with the song. If they put in SEIMEI it'd stick out even worse. xxD I thought they'd put a scene of him crying or beaming at the K&C, or simply smiling while training/practicing (there's a lot of those), or something along those line, but they picked something that would fit better with a more punchy tune so now he looks like the angry dude who refuses to cooperate like everyone else did. >.<

It doesn't look like that to me? It looks more like a king returning to his grounds with pride and readiness to defend it, focused only on the dreams and the future so insistently mentioned in the lyrics..

I think SEIMEI's seconds after step sequence (the slow part from the bell to the Toe-lo-Sal combo in the 2.0) or it's getting-into-opening-pose choreo would fit better, as it has this calm before the storm quality. Chopin would be perfect fit tbh, but I guess they didn't have good quality cuts for it xD

1 minute ago, Aotoshiro said:

That's the reason why Nats scoring do not count towards records (just for the measure, I believe that even if they did, Yuzu would still be the first to break the 100 barrier in the short, as he did get that ridiculously high by that-time standards score back in 2013 Nats)

it would have been patrick back in 2012 (!!) actually, where he broke 100, 200 and 300 at nationals. never underestimate canadian nationals inflation

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

So while I agree that it's possible, I'd rather hope Yuzu skate his ideal skate (clean all segments) and let the chips fall where they may. People will remember Seimei and Ballade that way, it would be considered the iconic men's FS Olympics program, and that might be more important . And if COR showed us anything...judges still like him a lot. =)

COR... and ACI's SP. I agree with you. My concern now is if he'll have enough training and stamina for two clean programs (hoping, praying) than whether he'll get robbed. Priorities. 

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

COR... and ACI's SP. I agree with you. My concern now is if he'll have enough training and stamina for two clean skaters (hoping, praying) than whether he'll get robbed. Priorities. 

Yes, that is the most important thing now...that he has enough stamina and practice to land 2 clean skates. Honestly, playing around with hypotheticals, Yuzu might be the one most capable of cracking that 340 barrier if he goes clean with 5 quad LP. Even Nationals version of Nate didn't crack 320 yet I think. 

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yes, that is the most important thing now...that he has enough stamina and practice to land 2 clean skates.

Yes, both of those matter, plus lack of comps. I am actually really chomping at the bit to see, or rather hear about the practice skates because I'm curious if they'll revert back to the H&L layout. Realistically, it requires less stamina and is something he has down pat, which has had plenty of practice in actual competitions. It probably isn't something he would be thrilled about but looking at the bigger picture it would not surprise me one bit if that's the team's recommendation.

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Yes, both of those matter, plus lack of comps. I am actually really chomping at the bit to see, or rather hear about the practice skates because I'm curious if they'll revert back to the H&L layout. Realistically, it requires less stamina and is something he has down pat, which has had plenty of practice in actual competitions. It probably isn't something he would be thrilled about but looking at the bigger picture it would not surprise me one bit if that's the team's recommendation.

Well he could do team SP or team LP to test the waters. If he does SP, maybe do the 4Lo version in team SP and go for the stable 4S version for individual to stay clean (he needs stable score, not exactly the highest possible though the ACI version scores well too). 

This season is just a little too weird for my liking. Why did I choose to get back into FS right around Olys, why?!

I wasn't around during Sochi 2014 but from my basic knowledge on what happened during that time, yuzu gained attention and was brought up a couple times but the spotlight was put on Patrick. Now for Pyeonchang 2018, although yuzu is currently not being rulled out in the media, other people is being hyped more especially with the younger ones. With his absence during competitions, we know that a lot of people is hoping for the best for yuzu but not that he'll get gold because he's been so long off the radar.

Now it could only be just certain country's media that is putting the bet for gold on other skater but the thing is with all this betting... with yuzu you can't never know how and what he'll do.

He's just so freaking random that you could expect a perfect skate but then he makes his first pancake or that you expect he won't get gold anymore and then he makes a unfreakishly-non-human comeback.

And the nationals scoring is somehow/always inflated so I don't really mind much. For the Olympics tho, lets just pray that the judges had a good night sleep and that they get awe/shivers with the performance that deserve the scores.

So in a way.. with all of the nationals results/quads/inconsistency shit, I kind of like that Yuzu is not in the spotlight. I would prefer this situation where he just focus and do his things rather than media constantly being in his face. Although his ninja moves is not good for our hearts and souls, at least we know he is in good hands. 

The thing is with all the hype, comes the pressure. We saw what happen in GPF2017. Lets just hope that Pyeonchang won't be a splatfest. So for those that is worrying about Yuzu for Olys, don't worry too much. He still got his chances. Even if he doesn't get it, it's not like we are going to turn our backs on him. It will just makes him stronger. All we need to do is just lay off those trolls and ignore them. They can say whatever they want but we still have our planet and in Yuzuru Hanyu we trust

<3:grouphug:

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

When you say H&L Layout, you mean 4Lo 4S 3F // 4S3T 4T 3A1Lo3S 3A 3Lz, yes? Though 3Lz would need to be before choreo sequence here. I expect this is a possibility though I wonder if he might not still try for the 3 quad second half but that would require a triple (3Lz?) in the first half.

I don't expect 5 quads or 4Lz. 4 quads will be challenge enough with the lost training time. I do trust him to get in shape, because he can peak very quickly, as Brian has said before. The issue will be more of a lack of repetition with the runthroughs. But there'll be time still for practice even after they get to Korea. 

*crossing all fingers*