General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, the50person said:

this bit will be off topic for wee bit.. 

Spoiler

So from reading all the updates coming today... rather than news about US Nationals, I'm actually at awe how cha junhwan made his skate. 

Now the part where it gives me chills is that, if Team TCC got CJW who had a ton of injuries to do that, what would Yuzuru Hanyu show us next :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'm not gonna put pressure on him for gold but I don't know how my heart will live when we see what he's gonna show :13877886:

5 hours ago, hamaguri said:

Happy New Year, everyone!

Thanks for your continuous supports for yuzu! 

It is just one month, let's keep cheering up for yuzu together!😄

Btw, does anyone go to Milan worlds? 

I'm going there as a volunteer.

Then, my yuzu friend recently sent me plenty of yuzu files for the past years.  I want to give them to fans, so if you come to Milan and want it, please pm!

Now I'm in japan and will take some of them (since ive already got a lot of items), so I want to confirm the number.

Eta: at this point, the possibility to go is enough!!

Ooooooh, I’m going and I’d LOVE a file! :embSwan:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

this bit will be off topic for wee bit.. 

Hide contents

So from reading all the updates coming today... rather than news about US Nationals, I'm actually at awe how cha junhwan made his skate. 

Now the part where it gives me chills is that, if Team TCC got CJW who had a ton of injuries to do that, what would Yuzuru Hanyu show us next :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'm not gonna put pressure on him for gold but I don't know how my heart will live when we see what he's gonna show :13877886:

:offtopic: 

Spoiler

I know right! I'm so proud of Jun Hwan and so happy he'll be at PC!  :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

some cuteness while we wait and wait and wait

some cacti water while we wait for next week's new documentary release :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Sorry if I spoil the mood but I just watched US nat and feel really salty about the scoring. Now I'm getting more worried for Yuzu. What if this nonsense scoring happens at Olys too? Will this hype effect the scoring? I'm so scared. I can't imagine Yuzu not standing in the middle of the podium cause that probably means he couldn't skate clean or he got robbed. That would be a heartbreaking moment and I don't think my heart can take it. I don't even think I can watch Olys live anymore. My head is full of negative thoughts right now I need help. T___T

7 minutes ago, JobsCK said:

Sorry if I spoil the mood but I just watched US nat and feel really salty about the scoring. Now I'm getting more worried for Yuzu. What if this nonsense scoring happens at Olys too? Will this hype effect the scoring? I'm so scared. I can't imagine Yuzu not standing in the middle of the podium cause that probably means he couldn't skate clean or he got robbed. That would be a heartbreaking moment and I don't think my heart can take it. I don't even think I can watch Olys live anymore. My head is full of negative thoughts right now I need help. T___T

don't worry too much! Nats is full of inflation it's nothing new :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: but the inflation can't get *that* worse at ISU competition, like the olympics.

Nate will get some inflation for sure thanks to the USFSA backing but that won't stop Yuzu! As long as he performed well it'll be alright just believe in him! :10742289: he's coming back with a vengeance after all those WD after all!

8 часов назад, hamaguri сказал:

Happy New Year, everyone!

Thanks for your continuous supports for yuzu! 

It is just one month, let's keep cheering up for yuzu together!😄

Btw, does anyone go to Milan worlds? 

I'm going there as a volunteer.

Then, my yuzu friend recently sent me plenty of yuzu files for the past years.  I want to give them to fans, so if you come to Milan and want it, please pm!

Now I'm in japan and will take some of them (since ive already got a lot of items), so I want to confirm the number.

Eta: at this point, the possibility to go is enough!!

Me :biggrin: I have already some of the Ghana, Xylitol (with yellow/blue background) and Phiten ones but I will be staying with two other Yuzu fangirls which I've met at CoR so always can share if they will be the same. Tokyo Nishikawa or new purple Xylitol files/bottles or P&G stikers will be a dream but I'll be happy to get anything cuz I know they're really not in every shop even in Japan :laughing: (was lucky to find smth. myself there)

2 時間前, JobsCKさんが言いました:

Huh. What with the guy finally skating clean (or cleaner than he has all season) and this being the US Nats, I kind of thought he'd have been scored higher. But if he skates clean again with even higher difficulty in an ISU-sanctioned event where the inflation seems to kind of reflect US, Russia and Japan Nationals scoring, something that I think is *very* telling, then there's really no telling how high it can go, since Chen doesn't have to worry about anything else but landing his jumps. As do a couple of other top men. For him, everything else that isn't there will be automatically imagined into reality by the judges, and for others, everything that's there that shouldn't be will be exactly the things the judges happen to be blind towards. Among these top contenders, there are exactly three who don't require the judges to expend their magical powers like that but they unfortunately make a lot of mistakes in the process of trying to save these judges their magical energy.

Either way, I used to think it's not impossible that they'll let someone else win over a clean Hanyu despite it being the most impressive anyone would have ever seen of him to date (even considering all his other impressive achievements in the past)--and I still can't completely rule it out--but I'm more convinced now than I was before that if Hanyu skates everything clean with 6 or 7 quads total* (doesn't matter what those quads are), he'll own the men's event. The judges have already proven that even if they're willing to deem something else that may or may not be far from perfection as almost perfect, they still know true perfection when they see it and have so far been consistently willing to give him what he more or less deserves so long as he gives them no reason to hold back. So, there's no way they'll lowball him if he manages to skate both his progs clean, because they'd already have lowballed him by not giving perfect scores (and we all know perfect scores aren't going to happen no matter how perfect the skate is, not under the IJS), and despite whatever minor deductions they have to give him on principle, what's left is probably enough for him to dominate even a field with more than a few clean skates from other top contenders the way he dreams to do.

Also, despite national biases, clean performances from him at the Games are practically what the whole world wants to see because they'd be legend and everyone wants to see  that happen at least once in their lifetime. Because if he manages it, it wouldn't just be a Japanese triumph, it'd be a human triumph. So even if everyone roots for their own skaters, anyone who knows and acknowledges all that he has done so far will also be rooting for him just because we all want to experience that triumph. The judges, human as they are, and seeing all that they have in the sport, shouldn't be any different. Those are the heights Hanyu has already reached, even as he is now.

If he doesn't skate clean, however, even if it's only one program, and others with higher BV make less mistakes overall, or those with lower BV make none, then and only then will iffy scoring get to determine the outcome, even if objectively, he deserves high enough scores with the mistakes to still win over the rest. If that happens, I don't think it's such a bad thing given he's already known as the guy who won a Games with a messy skate. If he repeats this way, I'm pretty sure this gold won't look as pretty to him as it still would to us fans. >_<

So! Here's hoping he skates all his programs clean in at least the individual events because medal color aside, won't a clean Ballade III and a pristine SEIMEI 2.0 be fantastic to see on Olympic ice with the whole world watching? It'd mean so much more than a gold medal, or any medal at all. It'd mean the world viewing the sport itself in a new light and possibly ushering in a golden era in its popularity, with Hanyu as the catalyst. Wouldn't that be grand? It seems kind of far-fetched, I know, but no harm dreaming**.

Oh well, here's hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst because Hanyu. Lol.

*Nope, despite what Plushenko and others are saying, I really don't think it's smart to do less than 4 quads in his FS because if he did that back at WC last year, with the way things turned out in the SP event, he wouldn't have won. More quads may be more risk but unfortunately, with the way things are these days, they're also insurance should he make mistakes. But hey, he actually got the guy who's always been pushing for more quads to practically beg him to rein them in. That's an accomplishment if I've ever seen one.

**Honestly, I think him making mistakes and then YOLOing the way he did at 4CC and WTT in an effort to salvage points to be a likelier scenario. Which would mean whether or not he wins is dependent on how the others do. Both times Chen beat him was because the guy either didn't make any obvious mistakes, or made less of them. Que sera sera, but I'm still going to dream because it's something I at least get to have for sure and it's something well within my control. xD