General Yuzuru Chat

45 minutes ago, liv said:

At this point,  none of the other top contenders, are showing any kind of form that lets the world know they are front runners. Recent events show them all to be off form, although we haven't seen Boyang or Patrick recently... and only last week did we even hear that Patrick is feeling motivated again. No one is stepping up to be the front runner in this horse race right now... they all seem to be highly strung and not performing, building, or biding their time, so Yuzu with his own situation is perfectly in the mix. It's basically 6/7 weeks until go time. Good luck.

Nathan Chen thou :squishedPooh:, he hasn't lost anything since the beginning of season. He's not a well-rounded skater thou, but with the current score system that HEAVILY favors technique over artistry and quantity over quality I can see he aims for the podium if he pulls off 5 quads or such (which he succeeded twice or more?). 

Yuzu is invincible if he can skate cleanly ofc, but when was the last time he managed to do that btw. Watching him is ALWAYS a roller coaster of emotion, so compared to expecting 2 clean skates, I'd rather have a tragic SP and he bounces back with FS, that way surprisingly works better for him by past experiences. One thing that encourages me is he mostly, always managed to have at least one flawless perf for each program in each season (even broke WR). He hasn't skate SEIMEI well so far this ss so let's hope he do that in PC (breaking another WR is a bonus :war:)

5 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's a question of options, he simply isn't ready enough for 4CC. So it is what it is. They'll make the best of it hopefully. He's ridiculously talented, so that is on his side. No, it's not ideal but you play with the cards you've been dealt. That's what counts, how you play it!

It could also, I think, be related to what Brian has said before about 4CC being at an awkward time. Whereas the skaters training in Asia can more easily go to 4CC because it's more or less in the same timezone and flight times are less, Yuzu would need to deal with a lot more logistics to go to that competition, plus then he'd have to return to Canada (more travel and lost time) or risk staying in Japan by himself until the Olympics. The 'too little time' if he went back to Canada and 'too much time' if he stayed in Japan conundrum Brian alluded to. 

5 hours ago, liv said:

At this point,  none of the other top contenders, are showing any kind of form that lets the world know they are front runners. Recent events show them all to be off form, although we haven't seen Boyang or Patrick recently... and only last week did we even hear that Patrick is feeling motivated again. No one is stepping up to be the front runner in this horse race right now... they all seem to be highly strung and not performing, building, or biding their time, so Yuzu with his own situation is perfectly in the mix. It's basically 6/7 weeks until go time. Good luck.

We'll see how Nathan and Patrick are at their respective Nationals soon. And Boyang will be at 4CC.

Now that we know for certain he's going, I think the major element of speculation will be whether he competes in the team competition.  As far as I know it's not mandatory that someone skate in the team event and I'm not sure how many skaters a national team can put forward for each event in the competition.  The only thing I know for certain is that a team does not have to use the same skater for the short and long programs.  To me the issue for Yuzu will be whether he thinks he needs some competition before the actual individual competition.  After all, this is almost like beginning a whole new season.  Incidentally, he's not the only top skater to miss their nation's nationals.   Evegenia Medvedeva missed the Russian nationals.  That means the two highest profile individual skaters both missed their national championships and for precisely the same reason - an injury.  This season has truly been a star-crossed one as far as injuries go.  Remember Boyang bowed out of the GPF because of an injury.  (He did compete in the Chinese nationals this year and fully as expected took the gold.)  So the question is regarding the team competition - To skate or not to skate.  That is a very big question.

12 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Remember Boyang bowed out of the GPF because of an injury.  (He did compete in the Chinese nationals this year and fully as expected took the gold.)  So the question is regarding the team competition - To skate or not to skate.  That is a very big question.

Boyang WD from Chinese National and Han Yan won the gold. 

At this point I'm really glad to know Yuzu will be representing Japan at both Olympics and World. I wish him to be healthy enough to do what he has in mind and not to have any regrets. 

Merry Christmas to all the people on this forum, and a great thank u to all the people who make this place so special. The new banner looks awesome :) 

:10815002:

Hello everyone,

With all recent news , I think the trend we see so far is positive . I  just have this wish for Christmas that Yuzu will be healthy and ready for Olympic! Christmas season is here so I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season! May the new year bring us good luck and great health! 

We have this tradition of Christmas Door Decoration at my school so I would like to share it with you! Cheers ! ( All works are done by( elves) students)

dQA5Jw6.jpg 

Spoiler

oFaFGt8.jpg

a6efWwS.jpg

oRsgdBy.jpg

j07Joqy.jpg

10 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Hello everyone,

With all recent news , I think the trend we see so far is positive . I  just have this wish for Christmas that Yuzu will be healthy and ready for Olympic! Christmas season is here so I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season! May the new year brings us good luck and great health! 

We have this tradition of Christmas Door Decoration at my school so I would like to share it with you! Cheers ! ( All works are done by( elves) students)

dQA5Jw6.jpg 

Hide contents

oFaFGt8.jpg

a6efWwS.jpg

oRsgdBy.jpg

j07Joqy.jpg

Nice decorations :)

And am hoping Yuzuru will be rested and that it might be good for him in the long run.

I remember him and Shoma looking so tired at the beginning of WTT this year, probably because of all the high-pressure competitions they had. Especially Hanyu is always expected to be the best and anything but gold is often a disappointment. It might have been good to not have the stress of GPF and Nationals this year.

Same goes for Zhenya by the way.

First of all Merry christmas everyone!!! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5: hope you are all having a great time filled with love.

Second, even if it was certain he would be in the Olympics team I still felt my heart racing fast when his name was announced. And oh god all those flags. I can only imagine how much yuzu fans must have wished to cheer for their skater once again after so much time :sadPooh: even if it wasn't there. The love shown for Yuzu is truly heartwarming. 

Third, about Yuzu not going to 4CC and going straight to Olympics, at the end as some of you have already said is the best he can do and just what it is. Even if it sounds scary as we know Yuzuru always manages to demostrate that craziest things are possible so I'm just gonna keep being positive lol (I swear I don't know how I'm going to survive olympics though).

And lastly, Yuzu going to worlds is just the best. Congrats to everyone who will be there to watch him!!

With the announcement that Yuzu isn’t going to 4CC I’m pretty certain he’ll be participating in the team event at the Olympics as a warm up. 

To correct something I saw written above, a skater can do both the SP and FS during the team event. Yuliana, Plushenko, and Davis and White did in Sochi. You’re limited to a team with 6 selections, so somewhere down the line a skater or pair must do 2 team programs. Since Japan only has 1 pair and dance team I think we’ll have 2 different singles skaters doing SP and FS for the team event in both men and ladies.