General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, micaelis said:

I have no significant other and I'm unlikely to get one at my age (70) but I wonder though, since almost everyone on this forum seems to be female, are there many male fans of Yuzu?  I was drawn to him originally because of the sheer mastery of movement he has.  As a lifelong fan of ballet I found his abilities quite the equal of Nureyev and Baryshnikov and (more recently) Roberto Bolle.  One thing, though, that impresses me more than his skating abilities is how he's managed to be backed by a number of choreographers who have put together programs that have him continually skating on the edge of what he can do,a factor that accounts for his sometimes lapses when he's going after the points.  That's the greatest thing about him.  He doesn't skate 'safe'.  As to my earlier point, there are times when I feel rather lonesome in this crowd here, wondering who out there is a male of the species.  I'm sure there are some but it would be interesting to find out why they are Yuzu fans.  For me, it's that he's the equal of any danseur (male dancer) I've ever observed over the years and, in fact, there's no ballet male dancing right now whom I would consider the equal of Yuzu.

Oh there are definitely male Yuzu fans. I know a couple at my rink, but they are more likely to be somewhat spread out over all the guys, versus just concentrated on Yuzuru.

I think for a lot of the guys I know, who like him, it's technicals technicals technicals. They are in love with his jumps and his atheleticism (quite a number of them know nothing of his injuries, they don't follow men's that much).  There's a small split between him, PChiddy and Javi when it comes to skating skills. In so far as musicality goes, also split three-ways between Yuzu, PChiddy and Javi. But overall, they would probably admit to Yuzu winning out since on balance, he is the most stable, with a good balance between the hard technicalities and the artistry (and if they don't I'm not helping spot their axels for a week heh). And makes everything look so easy, too easy.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Oh there are definitely male Yuzu fans. I know a couple at my rink, but they are more likely to be somewhat spread out over all the guys, versus just concentrated on Yuzuru.

I think for a lot of the guys I know, who like him, it's technicals technicals technicals. They are in love with his jumps and his atheleticism (quite a number of them know nothing of his injuries, they don't follow men's that much).  There's a small split between him, PChiddy and Javi when it comes to skating skills. In so far as musicality goes, also split three-ways between Yuzu, PChiddy and Javi. But overall, they would probably admit to Yuzu winning out since on balance, he is the most stable, with a good balance between the hard technicalities and the artistry (and if they don't I'm not helping spot their axels for a week heh). And makes everything look so easy, too easy.

i remember during one of the fantasy on ice show from this summer, they said a lot of fanboys was there 

I have absolutely no hope to convert my husband to figure skating :)

He finds my passion for Yuzu odd, and is bored every time I try to share my enthusiasm :rofl:but was the first one to tell me I really should go to Milan to watch him live, since he wouldn't come closer to our home anytime soon.

My son likes to watch figure skating with me though. But I fear it is because it is a way to watch TV without me telling him he has better other things to do ^^

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Cute, glasses!Yuzu :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Yuzu should stay with the square ones. I know the round ones are super cool, but they don't look as good on him as the square ones.  Or maybe it's just my bias, every time I change my glasses I always want the cool ones, but looks ridiculous in them  and I end up with another square ones :salty:

42 minutes ago, Altie said:

I have absolutely no hope to convert my husband to figure skating :)

He finds my passion for Yuzu odd, and is bored every time I try to share my enthusiasm :rofl:but was the first one to tell me I really should go to Milan to watch him live, since he wouldn't come closer to our home anytime soon.

My son likes to watch figure skating with me though. But I fear it is because it is a way to watch TV without me telling him he has better other things to do ^^

When I was a teenager (13, maybe 14) my mum started to listen again to a band that she really liked when she was in her teenage/ early 20s. At first I was closing the doors when she was turning on the CD player, but after a year or two we were going to concerts together with the whole family, so there is a hope :embSwan:

Cuz ppl are talking about why they're drawn to him. Here's my main reason: I find the contradiction of his delicate flower boy look and his warrior spirit to overcome life struggle interesting. 

1st time I saw him is Youtube's recommendation video of his Olym perf as I was watching Yuna Kim's perf in Sochi, he made mistake so I wasn't impressed, but his immaculate appearance (body and face) is definitely remarkable, as it's unusual for athletes to be that beautiful (still, I don't really care, cuz he's not most beautiful person I've ever seen or anything). I also saw other video in Olympic channel with him being history maker or whatever and kinda curious as he looks so young, then checked wiki profile to see if he's any good and wow, his skating record is no joke :goe: But the thing that really attracted me in the profile is, as a person, he experienced a lot along the way to the top, but u see nothing of that on that smiling baby face :devilYuzu: He's like a grown up spirit trapped in an un-aging body. Even his personality is a mixture of diligent/dignified trait of an ojiisan (with an easily hurt body=))) and unyieldingly competitive spirit of a child. His skate is like himself too, delicate yet strong. There's that duality in everything about him that I'm in love with :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

1 minute ago, Dori6886 said:

Didn't know Yuzu has a twin brother Yuduru:rofl:

Nah, it's got to be at least triplets now, there's also a Yuruzu Hanyu. Maybe he's like naruto and uses shadow clones to help speed up his learning process...that would explain his supposed progress with Nessie. 

Re fanboys..: inthe arena in Helsinki I sat next to a youngish man who had an older female companion with him. He made some remarks to her about fs and Yuzu, a little snobbish, so as to not seem too interested. 

And then, when Yuzu stood the combo of doom in the free, he went crazy!!:smile:. He knew exactly about this combo and its history...so yes, he was a fan coming out of hiding:laughing:.

I still remember my joy at his revelation:smile:.

Ah, those were good times...:Poohgaveup: