General Yuzuru Chat

hace 1 minuto , MrPudding said:

Korea seems to really like LGC :laughing:

What if Yuzu surprises us all with a perfectly clean LGC at PC? :laughing: Just kidding,  I rewatched  GPF version recently and it so good omg. To make it clear I am the greatest Chopin fan.  

1 hour ago, CupidsBow said:

Due to recent events I really hope we can get the message to Yuzu at some point, in some way, loud and clear, that we support him as fans whether he wins or not. We have faith in his ability, want the best for him, but are proud of him, love him and support him even when he has a hard time. I don't want him to be weighed down by the expectations of fans, or see himself as coming short from the standards fans set for him.

I know what's you mean, I still can't get over it. I think alot about Yuzuru and my other bias today, how they feel when they smile and said I'm fine most of the time. Beyond any medal, my biggest wish for Yuzuru is to be healthy, physically and mentality. He deserves all the happiness in this world. After years of following him, I see his struggles and how he always comeback stronger after challengers. His career is never goes smoothly, he never has an easy season, but he still won many titles, made history left and right. For me, he is the one who can make the impossible possible. 

12 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Why for me his eyes here look like if he wasn't sleeping for two days. :facepalm:

I think he always has some hyperpigmentation around the eyes? but the lighting looks super unfriendly in this pic.

(ugh I'm babbling about colour balance ignore this)

Spoiler

Idk quite what it is but he looks so washed out... It looks a little like the white balance is leaning more on the cyan side of things, perhaps to balance out yellow tone? Either to make his skin look whiter (this is...uh...a common technique in certain circles) or because maybe there was some warm cast coming from somewhere (possibly, judging from the light casts on his hands and arm... also a little cyan filter in ps tends to give a crisp, fresh, clean feeling so long as you don't go wild with it) but it may have unbalanced some of the red tone around his eyes making it more pronounced. Idk this photo isn't the most flattering.

He still cute though, he just looks so tired.

does make me wonder if he wears some kind of makeup just to even out his complexion during competitions though? I would've thought it would be a weird sweaty streaky mess by the end of the performance though...

ETA:

7 minutes ago, Katt said:

I know what's you mean, I still can't get over it. I think alot about Yuzuru and my other bias today, how they feel when they smile and said I'm fine most of the time. Beyond any medal, my biggest wish for Yuzuru is to be healthy, physically and mentality. He deserves all the happiness in this world. After years of following him, I see his struggles and how he always comeback stronger after challengers. His career is never goes smoothly, he never has an easy season, but he still won many titles, made history left and right. For me, he is the one who can make the impossible possible. 

A bit OT also TW. 

Spoiler

I've been crying on and off all day. It's really made me think about Yuzu saying he feels lonely and the pressure etc and idk. It just really goes to show that no matter how brightly someone smiles for their fans there's no knowing just how badly they are hurting underneath. I knew he was suffering but I also thought he was admirably coping and getting better. Getting through it. Idk if you read his final letter but there was a part where he felt he was falling short of his ideals of what he wanted to achieve and create and was utterly defeated thinking he was just no good. Someone commented how that's the danger of putting idols up on pedestals. The fans' view of them being so high just adds pressure to reach some unobtainable standard. That really hit me quite hard.

But this is possibly one reason as to why Yuzuru is clear in asserting that he is not an idol. He is not obligated to be bright and happy on the surface all the time. He controls media and fan access to his life as much as possible and he has time away from the media gaze. And at the very least...he doesn't seem defeated at the idea of his ideal not quite coming to fruition, it just seems to push him forwards. Maybe that's just the different nature in what Yuzuru does and creates. Ironically, despite neckbeard-manly-men coming out the wood-work to say FS isn't a sport because it's so subjective but really it's lack of subjectivity in relation to a pure art like music means he at least gets the constant feedback of 'you are at least semi-objectively very bloody good at the thing you do'.

But yeah right now I'm just feeling very...sensitive. on edge. very cautious and very concerned about the wellbeing of these strangers I admire from afar. All I want is for Yuzuru to be happy and healthy and okay.

1 час назад, WinForPooh сказал:

I complain about people's unrealistic expectations of Yuzu, but come to think of it, nobody has higher expectations than he does. It must be exhausting to be him and live up to his own standards!

I just admire his will, dedication, commitment, hard work and high aims which he has. Especially maybe because I'm a complete opposite :facepalm:

34 минуты назад, Floria сказал:

One more Plu fan detected :laughing:

hace 4 minutos , wombat-poodle said:

Who knows, when if he wins gold he might be happy enough to do an LGC ex and fans everywhere will experience major nosebleeds.

I mean SP :slinkaway:

As I said before I am just laughing about this, but really the concept of "everything is within my calculations" exists  no longer, so who knows whats is happening in his head right now. 

2 hours ago, wombat-poodle said:

I was thinking the same. Going straight from no comps to the most important competition of his life seems a little extreme.

But that could also work in his favor. Yuzu seems to have fallen into the trap of overanalyzing and overthinking his skating instead of just lacing up his boots and trusting his training. Just as Javi's foot injury distracted him from his nerves at Worlds 2016, everything that has happened to Yuzu this season might also serve as a useful distraction for him.