General Yuzuru Chat

3 минуты назад, WinForPooh сказал:

Is there a deity to origami, because if there is, they must be very fond of Yuzu by now?

I've known about power of faith, but never consider it seriously. But last dramatic things made me believe in anything :facepalm:

3 hours ago, stacey91 said:

I've known about power of faith, but never consider it seriously. But last dramatic things made me believe in anything :facepalm:

I watched American Gods recently, I was thinking of how in that (and in Small Gods, done better I think), faith in a certain thing can kind of create a deity for it. With all the Poohs and swans and cranes for Yuzu, there might be one now! And Yuzu would be the High Priest.

Help, knowing it'll probably be a while before seeing him skate again is doing things to my brain. :facepalm:

5 hours ago, singcarcom said:

Ugh...and no one has broken his records despite much higher BVs....those commentators dont know how to appreciate Yuzu.

Except for Patrick breaking Yuzu's then-current SP record in 2013 (which Yuzu then just two weeks later at the GPF took back) nobody has broken a record Yuzu has set except Yuzu himself.  Some skaters have bettered record marks he'd established, but always after Yuzu has gone and broken that record and set the bar even higher.  If you were to look at the record, for instance, of skaters and their points who have broken the 100 mark, the 200 mark, and the 300 combined mark, those lists are dominated not by the names of other skaters.  Yuzu's scores are far more numerous and largely confined to the upper end of those stats.  Incidentally, I would think that with their being so many of those records he has set, there is scant evidence to think the judges are biased against him.  If they were biased, how did he establish so many records?