General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

I think because they can't if Yuzu's not saying anything about it in the first place. He's updating them of what he plans to do/is doing frequently (and that's good) but even though you can read between the lines that his current situation will more likely result in a withdrawal, giving a statement about it without confirmation from the main person concerned would be plain disrespectful.

I wasn’t asking for them to decide on his behalf, I just wonder why he hasn’t announced it himself. I guess he must still be hopeful about competing which makes me :13877886:

The whole thing is raising my level of anxiety through the roof.  I'm unapble to concentrate on my work. If we are freaking out I can't even begin to imagine how he himself feels in this current situation. Not fun. Please,Skating Gods, give him  strengh.

hace 13 minutos , Gaby said:

The whole thing is raising my level of anxiety through the roof.  I'm unapble to concentrate on my work. If we are freaking out I can't even begin to imagine how he himself feels in this current situation. Not fun. Please,Skating Gods, give him  strengh.

The problem for us is that we can't do anything about this situation and we are freaking out with every bit of news. But our mental state is nothing compared to his right now. He doesn't need more drama. It is good he stayed in Toronto all this time.

I am glad there are so many fan projects going on. For Yuzu and for us to stay occupied with something positive while we are waiting.

15 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wasn’t asking for them to decide on his behalf, I just wonder why he hasn’t announced it himself. I guess he must still be hopeful about competing which makes me :13877886:

I know how you feel but by now, we should know his history. He has this "I'm doing everything I can if not I'll be so kuyashii about it!" attitude. For now, we will never know. For now, I'll just believe in his calculating mind. I just hope he'll be well!! 

hace 12 minutos , MrPudding said:

Is this a pre-preparation for WD.. His photo is getting smaller and .. pushed to the back :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I'm already prepared for WD but seeing this is making me emotional

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

Why not change the banner after the WD? It really hurts and we already have had enough bad news. Sorry for the rant but I am quite sensitive to these things.

55 минут назад, Katt сказал:

For me, I care less about medal at the moment. I want see Yuzuru being healthy at Olys and his smile after the performance. The second OGM is his dream and motivation in the past few years, so of course I would love to see that. But I miss his beautiful skating and presence in the field more than any medal.

For me too. But we all know that Yuzu can only truly smile in the middle of the podium, so mostly I just want to see him happy after all the struggle.

I'm so annoyed and tired of the way media and JSF announce these updates. They just need to release all things including his withdrawal and his situation at once. Everyone in the world knows for sure there is no way he appears at Nats. Even if competing is his will, his desire or anything under such current circumstances, it will never happen and it isn't allowed to happen. I understand they did it for some reasons. But I feel like I'm being played like a fool.

It's been an awful day today. I worked in a kind of state of panic.

I don't understand why JSF releases information little by little each day :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'm not sure this has already been posted but this is the message board made by Sendai broadcast.

http://www.ox-tv.co.jp/en/

When you place the cursor over the message you want to read, the image gets larger.

I read all of the messages. I found many messages from abroad, one of which is from a Mexican girl.  @Hydroblade is not only fan of Yuzu in Mexico, obviously!

Hopefully Yuzu will read them from Toronto, and hopefully these messages everybody wrote so sincerely will give him some strength which he must need now.

To win (katsu=勝つ), it's said to be good to eat Tonkatsu. Some mothers cook Tonkatsu when the child has important competitions or exams the next day.

In fact, I ate Tonkatsu sandwich at Yoyogi arena on men's free day of WTT, praying for Yuzu's victory, and it worked!!

54 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

he was voted for something?

google says the person people want to treat tonkatsu to next year :laughing:

1 minute ago, wpisces said:

I'm so annoyed and tired of the way media and JSF announce these updates. They just need to release all things including his withdrawal and his situation at once. Everyone in the world knows for sure there is no way he appears at Nats. Even if competing is his will, his desire or anything under such current circumstances, it will never happen and it isn't allowed to happen. I understand they did it for some reasons. But I feel like I'm being played like a fool.

TBH I think it's more to get the general feeling to 1) being sympathetic to Yuzuru; by all accounts he is doing everything he should be doing for his ankle to heal, he's being careful in his rehabilitation and isn't being hasty trying to rush back into training despite wanting to go to nationals 2) Creating the feeling where even the most casual interest reader seeing this news wants him to withdraw for his own good to ensure he is fully healed for where it really matters - at Olympics. The message seems to be that he is healing, but it took a little longer than expected because of the injury being a bit more serious than initially thought and some lingering inflammation, but he is on track to be fit and in good condition to compete in time for Pyeongchang. I think it's less about preparing for withdrawal news but more to prepare the public for him to be named on the team despite him not attending nationals. I assume that's also why they are holding off the announcement - partially because he may want that door open just in case even though it is becoming apparent there is no way he can make it without screwing up his recovery/rehab process but also to make it clear that despite the injury he really was trying very hard to be able to compete, but just wasn't. Average Joe of Japan with a passing interest in figure skating / skating fans that aren't particularly invested in Yuzu are going to find it way easier to swallow when he is announced for Pyeongchang with it being made so clear that he wanted to get the spot through competing at Nationals but circumstances forced him to withdraw. He's being painted in a very sympathetic light while still giving the impression he should be back on the ice and training early/ mid-January.

I mean. I've been swayed. I now am team 'hope he withdraws from Nationals but I hope his team has considered 4CC, damn I wish I had applied for tickets to Teipei' while as recent as yesterday I was rooting for him to be able to go Nats.