General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171214-00000094-sph-spo

It seems like he has inflammation in the joints and tendons too? That's why his recovery is not going as fast as they first estimated it to be.

I saw this and worried. Is it clear if he HAD the inflammation or if the inflammation occurred recently in response to him trying to get back in the ice cuz if it’s the latter than yeah he’s definitely withdrawing from nats and he’s back off the ice for even longer

32 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Forever confused by that bit :laughing:

okay, grab by neck and toss into giant bubblebath. It is less likely to freak him, plus is part of a new bathclin commercial. 

It was something involving Yuzu, and preventing him training, and a swan attacking people.

7 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I saw this and worried. Is it clear if he HAD the inflammation or if the inflammation occurred recently in response to him trying to get back in the ice cuz if it’s the latter than yeah he’s definitely withdrawing from nats and he’s back off the ice for even longer

In the article it was written that he hadn't resume practice yet, so the inflammation is what prolonged the recovery and what's stopping him from getting on ice, and not the result of the practice. It seems like he hasn't even been on ice yet

Oh, yuzuru!! 

What a season this is turning out to be for him. Nothing going according to plan apart from his first 4lutz. 

I hope he takes it a day at a time, listens to his therapists/coaches/mom.... and exercises restraint in these crucial stages of rehab. Mistakes in recovery can be worse than the initial injury in terms of recovery time ... let it be slow but sure rather than quick and unstable.... someone hide the calendar....

6 時間前, CupidsBowさんが言いました:

Guys... He's not going to carry this injury to Olys. He's healing. He's rested. He's close to completing his rehab / has completed it. He's gradually easing himself back to on-ice training. I don't think he will go to nats unless he feels secure the risk of re-injury is low. The only way he's going to be injured at Oly is if he has another accident which would be freakishly unlucky even for him.

Was just giving a possible scenario to the question posted. If he gets to go but isn't in 110% form physically, this it likely how it'll turn out. Like what Yoshida has said, there have been champions who did well enough to win despite not being in top form and even more of those who underperformed even in tiptop shape. At the end the day, unless the injury is an incapacitating one, it's all in the mind. Hanyu himself has skated his lights out with injuries and underperformed at 100% health. So it's really more a matter of his mental state when he's there that I'm more concerned about. And with the way things are stacking up, it's looking more and more likely he'll at least be covered mentally, given the anomaly that he is. For a real-life person anyway. Characters like him are a dime a dozen in works of fiction.

10 時間前, SparkleSaladさんが言いました:

Take it back. :13877886:

Well, ideally it'd be great if he's well enough to turn up to both but if it turns out to be either or, wouldn't you rather he show up for PC instead of the other way around?

Tendon soreness and inflammation are fairly common for sprained anything. That heals fairly reliably with proper attention, which he's obviously getting. Inflammation is part of the healing process. The whole resting period while there's inflammation is so important because rushing that and stretching too much can really set things back. So we can all be glad that he had his team keeping a very close eye on him and making him go back to his nest whenever necessary. And for Yuzu realising that he needed to acknowledge pain and communicate and listen.

If he decides to compete at nationals I will surely die. :13877886::13877886:

I wake up to 7+ pages since last night again and I said, wow, there're news for sure :13877886: ... so, may I mention that I truly love Nobu, he is such a wonderful friend to Yuzu.... and I'm so happy that Yuzu was pleased abt the buss poster ... the TCC surprise cake thing is heartwarming ... oh, I like this kind of news ... I feel better to know  that he is so loved by everyone and so well take cared of ... I have tears in my eyes ... :sadPooh: Gel well soon, bby, think only at you and your health ... oh, my level of squishiness is sky high now :10636614:

Every morning I wake up to an update from JSF still waiting for a good one :facepalm: . I guess it is normal to have inflammation of your bones and tendons after a hard fall, but does this update mean that he still has this inflammation? Is it normal after 5 weeks?