General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzuru being in nationals or not doesn't matter anymore for me (maybe only for him),  :10636614:I just wish for him to be healthy physically and psychologically too. I still want to see him in future competitions, heck I don't even care what kind of program he'll have, I just want to see him skate again :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, Katt said:

I feel he's very patient and take it easy. He understanded that this injury take longer time to heal and did not rush for on ice training. And the fact that JFS, media and FS expert are supportive and didn't push him to compete play a big part too.  Yes, I'm worried because Oly might be his first comp after 4 months, but Yuzu surprised me and made miracle many times. I believe he'll be fine. Sending all the positive vibe to him 

You never know, he may have requested to go to 4CC to ensure he had something before PC, otherwise the pressure would be too much. That's mostly my concern. There's enough pressure going into the olympics without adding the additional nerves of it being the first comp in 4 months after injury.

I still kind of hope he can be fit for nationals for this reason but if he's not ready to compete I really don't want him to push himself. I'm glad he's seemingly taking it slow and focusing more on fully recovering rather than trying to push himself to compete.

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Maybe our boy is so extra he only calls it practice on ice if he's jumping at least triples.

ETA: With all this extra practice on his non-dominant foot, I bet he'll definitely get level 4 on his Seimei step sequence! :laughing:

gotta find that bright side :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: 

Ever since they announced free tickets for 4CC I was thinking about Yuzu going there. It is just the feeling. And really  3 weeks before Olympics, is it really too close? Many skaters will have Europeans just one week before. And Yuzu did 4 WR perfomances in just 2 weeks in 2015.

Also the best chance to get that 4CC gold.

17 minutes ago, Floria said:

Ever since they announced free tickets for 4CC I was thinking about Yuzu going there. It is just the feeling. And really  3 weeks before Olympics, is it really too close? Many skaters will have Europeans just one week before. And Yuzu did 4 WR perfomances in just 2 weeks in 2015.

Also the best chance to get that 4CC gold.

If you take the team event into account , it's only 2 weeks.

But yeah, Taipei is not far from Pyeongchang, so it would be a way to get no jetlag ? Idk.

6 минут назад, Altie сказал:

If you take the team event into account , it's only 2 weeks.

But yeah, Taipei is not far from Pyeongchang, so it would be a way to get no jetlag ? Idk.

But I dunno he can go from Taipei stright to Pyeongchang, so he'll have to fly back to Toronto or to Japan, but in Japan he'll be without Brian...

hace 12 minutos , Altie said:

Yeah... two years ago it wouldn't have been a problem, but now it's different.

Russian team will train in Niigata before Olys. TCC team can probably do the same, but Idk if it is possible..The idea of staying in Japan until Olys doesn't seem bad to me given the jetlag and early morning comps. 

9 minutes ago, Floria said:

Russian team will train in Niigata before Olys. TCC team can probably do the same, but Idk if it is possible..The idea of staying in Japan until Olys doesn't seem bad to me given the jetlag and early morning comps. 

Yes, the question is, I think, not the place, but if Brian is with Yuzu or not ? I don't think that Brian could be out of Toronto for two weeks, and he also has Javi and Gaby to look after for Pyeongchang.

Yuzu trained a lot alone in Japan during the 2015-2016 season - resulting in overtraining and injuries (and unforgettable programs too, of course :) )

Because this time we all know about his situation, it gonna be easier to accept the truth than the last time when he was suddenly injured and forced to withdraw. 

I know I should be patient and I really try my best to keep myself positive as much as possible, but sometimes just thinking about what he is suffering makes me ill :facepalm: 

Anyway he doesn't need to do any competitions before PC. If he is mentally ready for Olympics, he will be ready to compete and accept whatever may come. 

After all the bad things having happened to him, he better win Olympics 

And after his second OGM, someone better write a book or make a movie about his life . What a dramatic life ! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:  

hace 1 minuto , Lunna said:

That's a plus but given his history of training without Brian's eyes on him :slinkaway:

If Jun Hwan goes to 4CC and Javi to Europeans this will mean almost 2 weeks without Brian. Under watchful eyes of other coaches of course :laughing:.

1 minute ago, Floria said:

If Jun Hwan goes to 4CC and Javi to Europeans this will mean almost 2 weeks without Brian. Under watchful eyes of other coaches of course :laughing:.

I guess that's why Tracy refused offer to commentate for Olys. Woman has a 6th sense, I tell you!

(Is Jun Hwan on the entry list for 4cc? If so, I could understand the wondering about whether Yuzu will ask to go there or not- 'y'know one more one less skater, that's not even the problem for you anymore, Brian' :D)