General Yuzuru Chat

Hey guys,

We've been getting some reports about posts being off-topic lately, some of which do not correctly identify OT posts. We are of course more than welcoming to reports as these release some of our workload so to make reports more efficient we want to iterate some of our modding guidelines. The following are specific to the General Yuzuru Thread:

A post is off-topic on the General Yuzuru Thread if it contains mentions of skaters that are not Yuzuru in addition to not being even tangentially related to Yuzuru.

So for example comparisons to Yuzuru or talk about the friendship between Yuzuru and another skater are completely fine on this thread. The mention of another skater alone does not make a post off-topic.

Furthermore we take action only if an off-topic discussion stretches for more than 3-4 posts. That's when we may post a reminder referring to the appropriate threads where the discussion can be continued. Only in very severe cases do we discuss moving posts to the appropriate threads retroactively.

I hope this helps you guys in both making accurate reports and also in keeping the General Yuzuru Thread organized. Thank you!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

12 hours ago, singcarcom said:

I feel mean....I suddenly have this thought "I hope Yuzu keeps his hair and figure when he's Brian's age". :slinkaway:

Brian's face did what my dad's did with age and grew horizontally - I usually can't believe it when he shows me photos of him when he was younger. Given Yuzu seems to be a pretty classic ectomorph, my hunch is that he'll stay relatively similar to how he is now. Or I mean...he could turn into Tsuzuki-sensei/Kikuchi-san, who knows :laughing:

This season has been a big challenge for Yuzu and we, his fans. I am a very worried mother, but I believe that everything that has happened so far will be transmuted for good. We will be smiling soon and we will have tears of happiness too. Everything will be fine, Yuzu is in good hands.
I believe in the energy that flows from our thoughts and in their power of transformation. so I am reciting this mantra for five minutes every day:

'Dear God, I am grateful. YUZURU HANYU is healthy and cured from any disease. Thanks'.:snonegai:

I wish that Yuzu can feel and absorb the energy of our prayers and achieve his healing. I want to see your beautiful smile soon.:space:

Thank you all for the updates.:thanks:

Low-key salty about anybody who previously said mean things about Yuzu who are now upset about not being able to see him skate. Also low-key salty about JSF suddenly turning up in Yuzu's corner. Better late than never so I'm glad, but still salty.

But the Yuzu-appreciation is great, as long as everybody remembers how they felt when they thought about the possibility of a Yuzu-less Olympics when they see him on ice next.

I don't care about the inaccurate reporting about his knee, tbh, even if that not caring goes against every grain of journalistic integrity in me. Let them all read it and worry. After all the unfair criticism that has been tossed his way, I'm glad they're getting a very good dose of the 'shit, what if he's not there' feeling.  Anybody who really wants to know can find the source and realise where it came from. Yes, I woke up very petty today.

And I think Yuzu might look very young till he's middle-aged and then suddenly become a wrinkled version of him. :laughing: He doesn't have any baby fat to keep wrinkles away longer than that!

16 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Low-key salty about anybody who previously said mean things about Yuzu who are now upset about not being able to see him skate. Also low-key salty about JSF suddenly turning up in Yuzu's corner. Better late than never so I'm glad, but still salty.

But the Yuzu-appreciation is great, as long as everybody remembers how they felt when they thought about the possibility of a Yuzu-less Olympics when they see him on ice next.

I don't care about the inaccurate reporting about his knee, tbh, even if that not caring goes against every grain of journalistic integrity in me. Let them all read it and worry. After all the unfair criticism that has been tossed his way, I'm glad they're getting a very good dose of the 'shit, what if he's not there' feeling.  Anybody who really wants to know can find the source and realise where it came from. Yes, I woke up very petty today.

And I think Yuzu might look very young till he's middle-aged and then suddenly become a wrinkled version of him. :laughing: He doesn't have any baby fat to keep wrinkles away longer than that!

Since he takes after his mother, he'll be prettiest dad at the parent-teacher conference.

You are not the only salty one, I am low key smirking in a corner. Though I really wonder how long the appreciation will last. My faith in humans is quite low.

37 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

You mean he would look like this  :xD: I’ll approve :P