General Yuzuru Chat

Some help here please, especially from satellites who understand Japanese and can check the actual sources  :sign0009:

Is Yuzuru suffering from knee injury as well as an ankle injury? I need someone to verify this info

Hanyu’s injury was initially diagnosed as a sprained collateral ligament in his right ankle, but Kobayashi referenced his knee in her comments at the GP Final

source:https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2017/12/12/figure-skating/race-two-olympic-spots-still-wide-open/#.WjAl0kpl_IU

This information is in more than one article and I am not sure if it is a real thing or is it just everyone copying the same mistranslation 

5 hours ago, Pamigena said:

He's a winter sports champion, and while I'm sure he'd love to be a torch relay runner for Japan for 2020, I don't see the link between skating with Yuzu and the summer games.

I can see him as one of those who carries the torch for a short distance, such as is done with the torch at every Olympiad.  Torch-bearers across Japan will be oftentimes those locals in the area it is passing through who have a distinction of one sort or another.  In Tokyo we're likely to see the torch borne by a collection of who's who in Japanese national and international sport.  That's where Yuzu would be found. He would not be the one to light the fire that oversees the games.  That would go to someone with experience in the summer games.  My guess would be Takashi Ono, if he is still alive (since he's in his eighties now) and who is rather like a Michael Phelps of gymnasts, that is one who won so much gold in his career that if he were to wear all of them at once we'd see very little of the man who won them.

28 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Some help here please, especially from satellites who understand Japanese and can check the actual sources  :sign0009:

Is Yuzuru suffering from knee injury as well as an ankle injury? I need someone to verify this info

source:https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2017/12/12/figure-skating/race-two-olympic-spots-still-wide-open/#.WjAl0kpl_IU

This information is in more than one article and I am not sure if it is a real thing or is it just everyone copying the same mistranslation 

Have you seen it in any other publications or just The Japan Times? Perhaps someone could ask Jack Gallagher on Twitter for clarification.

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Have you seen it in any other publications or just The Japan Times? Perhaps someone could ask Jack Gallagher on Twitter for clarification.

Here is another one

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20171211/p2g/00m/0sp/022000c

According to Kobayashi, Hanyu is still feeling the effects of a right knee injury sustained during practice on Nov. 9

I am sure I saw another article as well but I can't find it now. I think they maybe all taking the information from the same source but they don't references it, and now I am seeing it on social media as well so I was hoping someone can find the original news and confirm what Kobayashi said  

3 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Here is another one

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20171211/p2g/00m/0sp/022000c

I am sure I saw another article as well but I can't find it now. I think they maybe all taking the information from the same source but they don't references it, and now I am seeing it on social media as well so I was hoping someone can find the original news and confirm what Kobayashi said  

It's the exact same Kyodo News article that appeared in the Japan Times so it seems we still only have one source reporting a knee injury. I hope we can get clarification soon. The doom and gloom of Gallagher's article has spooked me. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's the exact same Kyodo News article that appeared in the Japan Times so it seems we still only have one source reporting a knee injury. I hope we can get clarification soon. The doom and gloom of Gallagher's article has spooked me. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I see, so there is only one source for the information. I guess it is possibly a mistake in translation.

The article by Gallagher is seriously annoying, he does not mention his sources and speculates about things he obviously has no knowledge of  :dry:

35 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Tbh, I wouldn't trust Gallagher. He tends to go base off speculation and personal opinion a lot. Not to mention whatever his sources are ????