General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Floria said:

Posters for Nationals

Can I have both of them? <3

lmao fun fact:  one of the first prototypes for the ACI banner had a very similar theme to... both posters lol. I was playing around and put the sheet music of Ballade1 behind Chopin and a star behind Seimei but it didn't look cohesive so i dropped it quickly...

5 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

I'd prefer he do the team competition, but only the SP.  That is a really short turnaround to have to do it all again in the singles event and I would hate hate hate for him to leave his best skating on the team event ice like Lipnitskaya did (though I know she had other things going on with becoming an overnight darling of the games and being understandably spooked by it).  And I say this despite having a 2nd row seat for the team event free skate and a 4th row for the team shorts.  But I guess he and his team will decide what's best.  

I don't know.... There are 6 days between the team FS and individual SP. It could be enough to have a rest and Yuzu might indeed use some competition practice with his FS. In Sochi he skated SP in the team event and did brilliantly with it in the individual one. 

However, what are the chances of Japan advancing to the team FS? In Sochi they had a pretty strong Pair which they do not have now. I think who will skate the SP will depend on who is more likely to place higher, Yuzu or Shoma and Shoma's been quite consistent with his SP, hasnt he?

There's no going around the "no day of rest between SP an FS" though, I think this will impact everybody's skate much more than whether they skated in team event or not. 

I'm wondering now whether the fact that the events are earlier this year will not a be a blessing in disguise for Yuzu. Skaters in the last flight will have more time to do press conferences and drug tests, and perhaps they'll have some time to wind down a bit and actually catch some sleep. (I pity the skaters in the early flights though, they will have to either skip the practice or compete on no sleep at all.)

9 минут назад, Moria Polonius сказал:

I don't know.... There are 6 days between the team FS and individual SP. It could be enough to have a rest and Yuzu might use some competition practice with his FS. In Sochi he skated SP in the team event and did brilliantly with it in the individual one. 

I dunno, I feel like two FS will be too much and too tiring with the current difficulty, so better save the energy for one skate. SP must be enough to feel the atmosphere and the ice (and perfect skate or not the presurre will be there anyway for individual comp).

7 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I dunno, I feel like two FS will be too much and too tiring with the current difficulty, so better save the energy for one skate. SP must be enough to feel the atmosphere and the ice (and perfect skate or not the presurre will be there anyway for individual comp).

That's true as well, there are both pros and cons of doing the FS. It's probably in the hands of the federation though.