General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

My little baby novice genius... I could cry... I can imagine the scene.

JPFed: "So, let's send invitations to the winners of the Juniors"

Assistant: "Uhm, yeah uh, there's a bit of a problem with... the bronze winner"
JPFed: "What, what's the problem"

Assistant: "He's actually a novice"

JPFed: :volcano:

And he was also not eligible for Junior Worlds lol

29 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Curious thing-after his win in Novice A category, Yuzu got invited to compete in Juniors. He placed 3rd there (which is amazing for me since Novice compete only with the long which means Yuzu was prepared to skate the short just in case he would win and get invited to higher level comps, and of course he did) and because of that he actually couldn't go to Senior Nats (1-3 placements from lower categories gets automatic invitation to the one higher), bc wtf, how do you let Novice skate in Senior event lolz.

18 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

My little baby novice genius... I could cry... I can imagine the scene.

JPFed: "So, let's send invitations to the winners of the Juniors"

Assistant: "Uhm, yeah uh, there's a bit of a problem with... the bronze winner"
JPFed: "What, what's the problem"

Assistant: "He's actually a novice"

JPFed: :volcano:

Haha, here is an excerpt I got from the Wikipedia page (source):

Although normally under the rules, a podium finish in the men's event on the Junior level would bring an invitation to compete at the senior level, twelve-year-old Hanyu was not able to be invited due to his age and skating level. Yukihiro Yoshida was therefore invited instead. Hanyu is also not listed as an alternate to Junior Worlds because he is not old enough to attend that competition.

I bet Yuzu was kuyashi at his age for making him miss an opportunity to skate lol. But then he will have to prepare another FS because of the extra 30secs requirements to skate in a senior event?

ETA: Even as a novice, he has the highest FS score for the event.

29 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Curious thing-after his win in Novice A category, Yuzu got invited to compete in Juniors. He placed 3rd there (which is amazing for me since Novice compete only with the long which means Yuzu was prepared to skate the short just in case he would win and get invited to higher level comps, and of course he did) and because of that he actually couldn't go to Senior Nats (1-3 placements from lower categories gets automatic invitation to the one higher), bc wtf, how do you let Novice skate in Senior event lolz.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love this

37 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Shoma stayed to compete with Boyang over jWC, the only title he hasn't won over him. Opposite to Yuzu, who at 15 has won everything, as in EVERYTHING there was to be won in Junior. So yeah, JSF has a say but since Skaters have their own brains (as Tatsuki 'whoops I retired without saying anything to officials' Machida reminded everybody of) it's mostly their and their team's decision. For example Yuzu's fellow jWC Murakami was actually scared of going into Seniors but her team sat her down and said 'okay, but WHAT are you going to do in Juniors now, you've won everything' and she kind of went with it.

His firebird routine right? 

Just now, PapiandPooh421 said:

As a novice? 

He was the gold medalist in 2009 Novice National Championship, so he was invited to compete in Junior National Championship, where he placed 3rd. So at the time (2009-2010) he was still competing at novice level if that's what you mean? He made his international debut as junior skater in 2011-12 season.

2 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

As a novice? 

yeah, shoma won national novice, got sent to national junior and won bronze in 2009, but they couldn't send him to senior nationals either because he was too young: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Japan_Figure_Skating_Championships#Competition_notes same with satoko who finished 4th in the ladies.

cute podium picture from that years junior nationals:::

men.jpg

15 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

He was the gold medalist in 2009 Novice National Championship, so he was invited to compete in Junior National Championship, where he placed 3rd. So at the time (2009-2010) he was still competing at novice level if that's what you mean? He made his international debut as junior skater in 2011-12 season.

14 minutes ago, golden said:

yeah, shoma won national novice, got sent to national junior and won bronze in 2009, but they couldn't send him to senior nationals either because he was too young: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Japan_Figure_Skating_Championships#Competition_notes same with satoko who finished 4th in the ladies.

men.jpg

Woah!! Those two!! They're something!! 😂 

Awww.. Mid bb/mid teen mushroom and bb veggie hater!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

8 minutes ago, golden said:

men.jpg

OMG LOL! This is something isn't it...

Okay, so this is what I digged up.

Please be aware there may be some inaccuracies in it (I wasn't able to completely dig everything up due to the time constraint). Also, this is only applicable to male single skater.

Please correct me if you find mistakes!

Hanyu Yuzuru

2007.11 He is the first novice skater to get a medal (bronze) in JPN Junior Nationals

2008.11 He is the youngest Japanese Junior National champion, when he was 13 years old (two weeks shy of his 14th birthday)

2009.09 He is the youngest Japanese Junior GP gold medalist (2009 Torun Cup)

2009.12 He is the youngest Junior GPF gold medalist, when he was 14 years old (three days shy of his 15th birthday).

2010.03 He is the youngest Japanese skater who won Junior World Championship, when he was 15 years old.

2011.02 He is the youngest medalist in Four Continent Championship, when he was 16 years old .

2011.11 He is the youngest Japanese GP gold medalist (2011 CoR)

2012.03 He is the youngest Japanese World Championship medalist (bronze), at the age of 17.

2013.12 He is the youngest Japanese GPF gold medalist, at the age of 19. (He is also one of the two Japanese men to win GPF, the other is Daisuke Takahashi.)

2014.02 He is the youngest Japanese Olympic gold medalist (FS), at the age of 19. (He is the only male Japanese and Asian figure skater to win Olympic in FS)

2014.03 He is the youngest Japanese World Championship gold medalist, at the age of 19. (He is also one of the two Japanese men to win WC, the other is Daisuke Takahashi.)

Aw, Yuzu and Shoma share some pretty unique career parallels which I suppose is pretty natural for skaters who end up at the top of their field (also novice!Shoma looks completely like he should be competing at novice level and/or looks about 8yrs old :laughing: imagine if they let him compete in Seniors back then)

36 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Okay, so this is what I digged up.

Please be aware there may be some inaccuracies in it (I wasn't able to completely dig everything up due to the time constraint). Also, this is only applicable to male single skater.

Please correct me if you find mistakes!

Hanyu Yuzuru

2007.11 He is the first novice skater to get a medal (bronze) in JPN Junior Nationals

2008.11 He is the youngest Japanese Junior National champion, when he was 13 years old (two weeks shy of his 14th birthday)

2009.09 He is the youngest Japanese Junior GP gold medalist (2009 Torun Cup)

2009.12 He is the youngest Junior GPF gold medalist.

2010.03 He is the youngest Japanese skater who won Junior World Championship, when he was 15 years old.

2011.02 He is the youngest medalist in Four Continent Championship, when he was 16 years old .

2011.11 He is the youngest Japanese GP gold medalist (2011 CoR)

2012.03 He is the youngest Japanese WC medalist (bronze), at the age of 17.

Actually in light of all this.......no surprise he managed to be one of the youngest OGMs (granted, second youngest after Dick Button) LOL boy was seriously the embodiment of 'no matter how good you are, there's always a small Asian boy who can do it better' to his competitors :laughing: