General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Sorry to be off-topic, but do you know who is his coach?

It always interested me to read how a skater's jump technique can be attributed to their coaches. 

Not really. I can just look him up... oh yeah, Yoshinori Onishi, Tatsuki Machida's coach. 

And one Etsuya Koseki before that. 

I think that were his achievements in TES (as Fay said a quad and an above average mastery of the 3A) and his overall scores at junior level that make / suggest him was better to pass him among the senior ranks. I think that normally it starts with an invitation of the FED and then is the skater with his coach to decide. And I can't imagine Yuzuru holding back.

For example, following his wikipedia profile, his victory at the 2008–09 Japan Junior Championships with a total of 182.17 points, not only qualified him both for the Junior National Championships and the World Junior Championships, but also earned him an invitation to compete already on the senior level at the 2008–09 Japan Championships, where he placed 8th: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzuru_Hanyu.

He was already a prodigy then, and if you listen to most of the commentaries of the 2010 and 2011 senior season, most of then depict him as the new "real thing" , the "true talent" or "a supreme young talent" among the men.

I think that Shoma waited more to pass among the seniors because he could not get the 3A, that is a required element among the seniors. He started to land the Axel after he succeded with the 4T in 2014. He started to skate in the senior circuit the season after (when he was almost 18, if I am not wrong):  http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/05/27/126706104

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

Not really. I can just look him up... oh yeah, Yoshinori Onishi, Tatsuki Machida's coach. 

And one Etsuya Koseki before that. 

Oh, isn't that Mitsuki's? I was asking about Shun because of your comment on his edge jumps... I was curious on whether there is one predominant skating coach in Sendai to teach the new and upcoming Sendai skaters since Nanami Abe is mostly a choreographer now. I remembered him being affiliated to Sendai FC so it means he has to be training at Sendai right?

Just now, getsurenka said:

Oh, isn't that Mitsuki's? I was asking about Shun because of your comment on his edge jumps... I was curious on whether there is one predominant skating coach in Sendai to teach the new and upcoming Sendai skaters since Nanami Abe is mostly a choreographer now. I remembered him being affiliated to Sendai FC so it means he has to be training at Sendai right?

No idea. I'm not too sure on his edge jumps either, that's just something I seem to have heard from someone.  Sorry if I slandered poor Shun! 

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Since I don't know much about that time, although I know he won everything in his junior year at that time, why did they push him up to seniors that young especially when the field was already so deep back then? Because surprisingly even Uno stayed as a junior longer when people were already pushing him to go to senior worlds with only Hanyu and Machida as real medal contenders.

Time-line wise, if he wanted to be competitive in Sochi, it was the best time for him to move to seniors (and I'm sure he calculated that as well). He has a whole quad and used the first 2 seasons to accumulate experience and get used to competing as a senior.

16 minutes ago, Fay said:

No idea. I'm not too sure on his edge jumps either, that's just something I seem to have heard from someone.  Sorry if I slandered poor Shun! 

I don't know him that well either. He just made a deep impression on me when I saw the news of him landing 3A and him being a Sendai native (Anything remotely connected to Yuzu leave impression on me lol). TBH I don't know him or his skating much beyond that. I was just fascinated by how the jumping techniques of Japanese skaters have been heavily criticized, so I got interested in the whole coaching subject. IIRC Yamada's skaters were known for UR in their jumps? And I remembered it is noted Yuzu has such a proper and good jumping technique due to the influence of his former coach Shoichiro Tsuzuki (I guess I should be thankful he escaped the Nagoya camp?) .

So I got curious at what made his edge jumps bad (or skaters in general really)- could it be from a coach's teaching, or should it be attributed to himself? 

Sorry that I keep asking you questions. These questions should probably be reserved for the skating thread. 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Guys, can anyone help me - did Yuzuru change his Etude costume after Nebelhorn 2011? Because in this video his costume looks quite different... - there's a green part in the centre and it's more like H&L...

My eyes aren't great but I think it's just the lighting?

Here's Etude at PIW 2011

The Ice 2011

FOI 2011

Spoiler

COC lighting sucked. COR 2011 looked a bit more bright.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

So how does that work? I believe the JSF probably has a say since they take a part in getting or giving the assignments, and perhaps they offer and its also the skater who agrees? Or maybe its the other way too and the skater expresses an interest and the JSF sees if its possible. Well probably no one here really knows since we aren't in JSF. :happy:

Shoma stayed to compete with Boyang over jWC, the only title he hasn't won over him. Opposite to Yuzu, who at 15 has won everything, as in EVERYTHING there was to be won in Junior. So yeah, JSF has a say but since Skaters have their own brains (as Tatsuki 'whoops I retired without saying anything to officials' Machida reminded everybody of) it's mostly their and their team's decision. For example Yuzu's fellow jWC Murakami was actually scared of going into Seniors but her team sat her down and said 'okay, but WHAT are you going to do in Juniors now, you've won everything' and she kind of went with it.

Curious thing-after his win in Novice A category, Yuzu got invited to compete in Juniors. He placed 3rd there (which is amazing for me since Novice compete only with the long which means Yuzu was prepared to skate the short just in case he would win and get invited to higher level comps, and of course he did) and because of that he actually couldn't go to Senior Nats (1-3 placements from lower categories gets automatic invitation to the one higher), bc wtf, how do you let Novice skate in Senior event lolz.

48 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Sorry for :offtopic:,

I bought the Yuzu wet wipes from Sephora.. :facepalm: :10636614:

May it cleanse me

It's not off topic, it's Yuzu-topic.

Share some with me, may they cleanse me as well (I need to check if we don't have Sephora nearby...)

1 minute ago, Aotoshiro said:

Shoma stayed to compete with Boyang over jWC, the only title he hasn't won over him. Opposite to Yuzu, who at 15 has won everything, as in EVERYTHING there was to be won in Junior. So yeah, JSF has a say but since Skaters have their own brains (as Tatsuki 'whoops I retired without saying anything to officials' Machida reminded everybody of) it's mostly their and their team's decision. For example Yuzu's fellow jWC Murakami was actually scared of going into Seniors but her team sat her down and said 'okay, but WHAT are you going to do in Juniors now, you've won everything' and she kind of went with it.

Curious thing-after his win in Novice A category, Yuzu got invited to compete in Juniors. He placed 3rd there (which is amazing for me since Novice compete only with the long which means Yuzu was prepared to skate the short just in case he would win and get invited to higher level comps, and of course he did) and because of that he actually couldn't go to Senior Nats (1-3 placements from lower categories gets automatic invitation to the one higher), bc wtf, how do you let Novice skate in Senior event lolz.

:volcano: <<----- My mind.

6 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

My little baby novice genius... I could cry... I can imagine the scene.

JPFed: "So, let's send invitations to the winners of the Juniors"

Assistant: "Uhm, yeah uh, there's a bit of a problem with... the bronze winner"
JPFed: "What, what's the problem"

Assistant: "He's actually a novice"

JPFed: :volcano:

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

My little baby novice genius... I could cry... I can imagine the scene.

JPFed: "So, let's send invitations to the winners of the Juniors"

Assistant: "Uhm, yeah uh, there's a bit of a problem with... the bronze winner"
JPFed: "What, what's the problem"

Assistant: "He's actually a novice"

JPFed: :volcano:

My reaction was similar, plus, from the documentaries of that time, he already had the Stare of LongingTM even though he technically DIDN'T compete in that category yet, so winning that would be chotto... xD (just checked said documentary, he was twelve yo, so it was only a year before he moved up to Juniors to claim his trophy)

EDIT: Also, I checked that PIW'11 Etude and the effect on it in few angles is the same as in the fancam of Nebelhorn.Also, fuk the choreography, I want that 3A in there was a thing already...T.T