General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, Fay said:

Guys, can anyone help me - did Yuzuru change his Etude costume after Nebelhorn 2011? Because in this video his costume looks quite different... - there's a green part in the centre and it's more like H&L... 

Ah! I prefer this version with the green in... I wonder why did he change it! 

Just now, fireovertheice said:

I think that will be very hard, but maybe Japanese fans know them or where to find them?

Thank you so much @Fay for the link of Nebelhorn (I have already looked also at the FS , the EX and the finale of the gala :embSwan:; I started  to follow him just after Nice). How already amazing he was...Really: where you can find now a male skater like him among the youngs 16-17 years old...(and maybe also 18 :peekapooh:)?

Can you name any other 15 year old now who'd join the seniors? Jun Hwan is young, but... dogged with injuries, poor boy. An a growth spurt. 

Yeah, I can see how far he progressed within these few years, but... there's something touching in that wildness, too. Overflow of energy...

7 hours ago, micaelis said:

Nathan's margin over Shoma was just .50 points, that's just one-half a point.  I consider it a tie, actually.

Nathan's margin was thanks to a technicality since Shoma lost a point for a time violation.  Those things freak me out for this particular reason. When Yuzu lost that extra point in Helsinki in the SPs for the late start that was nagging me like crazy, even more than him being 12 points back. 

Since I don't know much about that time, although I know he won everything in his junior year at that time, why did they push him up to seniors that young especially when the field was already so deep back then? Because surprisingly even Uno stayed as a junior longer when people were already pushing him to go to senior worlds with only Hanyu and Machida as real medal contenders.

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

Since I don't know much about that time, although I know he won everything in his junior year at that time, why did they push him up to seniors that young especially when the field was already so deep back then? Because surprisingly even Uno stayed as a junior longer when people were already pushing him to go to senior worlds with only Hanyu and Machida as real medal contenders.

I think no one pushed him apart from himself. And he must have thought he needed all the experience in the senior circle before the next Olympics...

Just now, Fay said:

I think no one pushed him apart from himself. And he must have thought he needed all the experience in the senior circle before the next Olympics...

So how does that work? I believe the JSF probably has a say since they take a part in getting or giving the assignments, and perhaps they offer and its also the skater who agrees? Or maybe its the other way too and the skater expresses an interest and the JSF sees if its possible. Well probably no one here really knows since we aren't in JSF. :happy:

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Can you name any other 15 year old now who'd join the seniors? Jun Hwan is young, but... dogged with injuries, poor boy. An a growth spurt. 

Yeah, I can see how far he progressed within these few years, but... there's something touching in that wildness, too. Overflow of energy...

Yes this. Absolutely. I could not say better than you did :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:.

It's the aspect for which I always appreciated him more and above all the others male skaters since 2012: his energy, his passion and the total commitment to the program and the performance, that touch you anyway, also when they are not perfect. I chose my nick thinking of him: to me he is like a beautiful fire flying, jumping and dancing over the ice. A joy to wacth (in Italian: "Un piacere per gli occhi e per il cuore").

I hope he can recover well, to skate soon and so to warm again our heart.

Just now, Forcefield said:

So how does that work? I believe the JSF probably has a say since they take a part in getting or giving the assignments, and perhaps they offer and its also the skater who agrees? Or maybe its the other way too and the skater expresses an interest and the JSF sees if its possible. Well probably no one here really knows since we aren't in JSF. :happy:

Maybe, but it wasn't as if there was dearth of good male skaters in Team Japan at that moment, and not so many promising juniors either. I think the choice still was his. 

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

I can’t see anyone forcing him to do something he doesn’t want to do. He must have to want to go to seniors after winning everything  in juniors. Might as well start working towards the Olympics. 

24 minutes ago, Fay said:

How about Sota Yamamoto? Someone was saying that he was better then young Yuzu. 

1 minute ago, getsurenka said:

How about young Shun Sato? He is only 13 right? and to pull a 3A as his last jumping pass at Nationals? (I haven't really watched him much, but he seems to have a lot of potential?) What's with Sendai and its water? 

His edge jumps leave quite a lot to be desired, so I heard... :P 

so far the junior boys roster in Japan looks far from optimistic to me. I like Mitsuki, but with his present arsenal he is not competitive 

Tbh, even if there were a lot of 15 year olds who landed quads... (last week in Italy Daniel Grassl was the youngest skater ever to land 4Lz), the main reason the young skaters have started to train quads is because a certain someone who has led the sport for the last 4 years has shown them that pushing yourself beyond your own boundaries and pushing beyong the limits of physics can give you amazing results, it can lead you to unknown territory, foreign planets, and so on. Yuzuru admired Plushenko because he pushed the sport in his own way, but then moved on to achieve way more than anyone could imagine, and he is inspiring new generations of skaters. 

So, really, comparing the young skaters of today to Yuzuru of eight years ago... it's like comparing different eras of skating. Quoting Max Ambesi from NHK 2015 "From today nothing in this sport will be the same, because Yuzuru Hanyu has revolutionized everything."

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

His edge jumps leave quite a lot to be desired, so I heard... :P 

so far the junior boys roster in Japan looks far from optimistic to me. I like Mitsuki, but with his present arsenal he is not competitive 

Sorry to be off-topic, but do you know who is his coach?

It always interested me to read how a skater's jump technique can be attributed to their coaches.