General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Is he... scolding him for going back to the ice too soon???

Should we... agree with him after all? Should we want Yuzuru NOT to compete at Nationals?

But maybe the pain is really gone after all... when you're injured, there's really a lot of fear involved in harming yourself again, but if Yuzuru was able to pick himself up from this, and is feeling confident... I mean, I'm sure he doesn't need Sugita to tell him not to skate in dangerous conditions from afar. Brian knows better and honestly at this point Yuzuru should too. 

AAAH rumors. 

Guys, prepare for a complete, total flubbering meltdown from me, with bad internet because I won't be in the city, for JNats if Yuzu does compete. I'll need reassurance, updates, and a lot of handholding. A lot.

I decided to raise a point over an issue that's been bothering me, mainly because of the news that Yuzu would probably not be going to Japanese nationals and because he didn't go to the GPF.  I'm thinking it might be appropriate for the medal holders of the last season's competition to be automatically entered in this season's.  Thus the podium finishers of the 2016 GPF would automatically be in the current season's.  The same would go for the forthcoming Olympics, where Yuzu, Patrick and Denis Ten would be automatically qualified (that is if they were still skating competitively).  The rest of the roster of competitors would be filled by those who qualified for this season's competition under the normal criteria.  That would provide continuity for the events from one year or one Olympiad to the next.  Remember, there would not necessarily be three individuals plus the others who qualified each time around.  For instance, in this year's GPF both Shoma and Nathan were podium finishers from last year's.  Had Yuzu been physically able to compete this year, the fact that he had not qualified (because he missed the NHK) by the normal criteria would not apply.  He'd automatically be in, resulting in seven competitors rather than six.  A rule like the one I'm proposing would mean that key competitions would have a full complement of competitors rather than just those qualifying by current practice.  The GPF this year was notable for those who weren't there who at the season's beginning were expected to be there (Yuzu, Patrick, Javi and Boyang).  A less drastic alteration might be that only the winner of the gold in the previous competition would be automatically entered so that he or she or they might 'defend' their title.  Just a thought.

Just dropping in, collecting links and for anyone interested: http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/12/11/yuzuru-hanyu-japan-national-championships-injury-figure-skating/amp/

Nothing new here and an opinion/reiteration that Hanyu will probably make the Olys team even without Nats from U.S. outlet. (Also, redundant free promo for Nathan at the end. :rofl:Hey, they gotta live somehow.)

OT:

Another thing I'm wondering, so if Hanyu does WD from Nats and gets on the Olys team, I wonder if he'll be put on the roster for either SP and FS for the team event. Due to timing I'd prefer him for SP but skating his FS for the team event might actually help him for the individual to shake out some kinks.

2 hours ago, Forcefield said:

:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: That sucked!!! Well, at least he was closer to home in that condition, but what a bummer it must have have been for him. Sometimes I'm sad I wasn't a fan earlier and then other times I'm glad with my weak heart I might have been a mess.

Yeah, withdrawing from a competition must be always tough for him even if it’s a right choice, since it’s rare chance for skaters to show what they devote their lives to.:(

I became his fan in 2010. Looking back at these 8 seasons it’s hard to find a season without serious worries.:13877886: But at the same time, I can’t think of any adversity he could not overcome. I can’t think of any season that is just sad to look back at. It’s tough when he is having a tough time, but if we hold on, we’ll be able to welcome him back. Sorry for being random:68468287: what am I trying to say... but basically it’s great to be his fan.

1 minute ago, sweetwater said:

Yeah, withdrawing from a competition must be always tough for him even if it’s a right choice, since it’s rare chance for skaters to show what they devote their lives to.:(

I became his fan in 2010. Looking back at these 8 seasons it’s hard to find a season without serious worries.:13877886: But at the same time, I can’t think of any adversity he could not overcome. I can’t think of any season that is just sad to look back at. It’s tough when he is having a tough time, but if we hold on, we’ll be able to welcome him back. Sorry for being random:68468287: what am I trying to say... but basically it’s great to be his fan.

Its emotionally hard sometimes but i've no regrets:68468287: 

As for the team event, I remember there's criteria that the one who has highest SP's season best will skate the SP, same thing with LP. Back in Sochi, Yuzuru had highest SB for both program, so he skated the SP and Machida skated the LP as he had the 2nd's LP season best. So if Yuzuru skate the team event, he definitely would be chosen for the SP.  

3 hours ago, Xen said:

@axelnojutsu @singcarcom: back to the barn thing at TCC. We need to feel sympathy for the poor raccoon since it was let in on purpose to create a meaningful break distraction. But there might not be a second time. Just think:

Collie: Raccoon-san, we need a slight break. We need a break so everyone can go calm down. 

Raccoon san: Okay...how much are you going to pay me this time?

Collie: um....

Raccoon san: Dude, last time I did this for you, I almost go electrocuted. I'm not going to chew through electricity wires again this time without sufficient down payment. What if I do get electrocuted? Hmm? What about my family? They depend on me, what will they do?

Collie: uh...would a pair of Irene gloves do?

Raccoon-san: *raises eyebrow* eh....

Collie: ....okay, what if I throw in one of Yuzu's old used boots...? *hopeful*

Raccoon-san: .....

*Note: joking, I don't think we're going to get another case this winter...I think...

I would absolutely electrocute myself for his old boots :mischief:

I do hope that the raccoon doesn't interfere when he finally gets clearance to go back to training on the ice - his kuyashii is probably already through the roof, no need to frustrate him any more

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Thank You, Matsuoka-san! That reminds me of the most important summary of the pressure, by yours dearly beloved:

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

My heart is already prepared for WD. 

And seeing how they are publicly supporting the decision for him to WD makes a statement to show the public that he will get to go to Olys without Nats. And for those who disagrees.... I dont hear you :wave:

You know, it's hard to hear somebody from behind psychiatric clinic walls, because the people who believe Japan has two other men Shoma's level to even SLIGHTLY endanger Yuzu's position as the absolute must-go-to-Olys athlete can be found only there. Like, seriously, haters, find some glasses, or at least look at the World Ranking/Record and all the other WRs (and goats, cuz they cute) you find in FS, and try to repeat this statement with a straight face. I guess if you manage to do so, You probably cannot read :biggrin:

3 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Eta: And wondering how long I'll have to keep myself busy until I get a new current visual of him. His hair may be long by now.

Random Rapunzel AU bunny, BEGONE.:facepalm: 

(I guess my mind supplies me with methods to keep myself busy up front...)

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

It was hard ... after Boston heartbreak  .... ninja mode all summer long .... It was the hardest ... :smiley-sad021:

Guys, I'm gonna cry salty tears, not for Boston, but for you, if you keep doing that...

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

!!!!

AWWW!!

IT"S A SIGN. THE YEAR OF THE DOG :laughing::0006:

OPERATION POOH UNDERCOVER FINISHED SUCCESSFULLY.

Short Report: Our agents infiltrated the Disney HQ and overtook the new products management to provide us with suitable pooh cover covers. More info in the full report

2 hours ago, guitarist said:

I would pay so much money to see Brian jumping along with Yuzu while dressed up as Pooh. So much money.

But that would kind of kill FS, because nothing after that would ever be as wholesome as it. Not even Adam's singing could top it, nor Misha's ex. NOTHING.

Oh wait, there is one thing, but I mention that with a self combust warning to people with good imagination, AND THAT WOULD MEAN THE BEST END OF FS EVER:

Yuzuru skating an Ex in a Pooh costume.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

I decided to raise a point over an issue that's been bothering me, mainly because of the news that Yuzu would probably not be going to Japanese nationals and because he didn't go to the GPF.  I'm thinking it might be appropriate for the medal holders of the last season's competition to be automatically entered in this season's. 

Idea was discussed in the General Skating chat few(teen) pages ago and we got to a conclusion it wouldn't happen due to few sad reasons (including need to cut competition's time, ISU preferring to self-destruct instead of saving FS, etc.)

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

:bow: Teach me your ways, master.

I mean, EIGHT seasons like the secont half of previous and beginning of this year? EIGHT long Years of staying his fan while behaving like a remotely normal working human being? No way.

I mean, I WILL get there... eventually.

6 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I would absolutely electrocute myself for his old boots :mischief:

I do hope that the raccoon doesn't interfere when he finally gets clearance to go back to training on the ice - his kuyashii is probably already through the roof, no need to frustrate him any more

This would be the most black humoresque-ish final for his struggles with the first half of this season I could ever imagine-scratch it I CAN'T imagine it. Those things happen only in cartoons.

And while I'm pretty sure even raccoon will falter in face of the :hachimaki: power (I hope).

And if all else falters, there's still :snonegai: and that's some god intervention, tbh.

6 минут назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

Oh wait, there is one thing, but I mention that with a self combust warning to people with good imagination, AND THAT WOULD MEAN THE BEST END OF FS EVER:

Yuzuru skating an Ex in a Pooh costume.

Nah, Brain's figure will suite pooh's costume much better :devilYuzu:

9 минут назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

I mean, EIGHT seasons like the secont half of previous and beginning of this year? EIGHT long Years of staying his fan while behaving like a remotely normal working human being? No way

Well, it's my seventh season and I'm still (surprisingly) alive. But I have to admit during first years there wasn't so much info and translations around (though I new about pre-WC 2013 injury, just not how bad it was), Sochi's FS was already bad enough for my heart (till Patrick's scores at least), 14-15 was mostly heartbreaking (except GPF and WTT), 15-16 seemed great till Boston (and there wasn't any info about injury till the end of WC). But it's not like that experience prepares you to any hardships like this season :slinkaway: It only teaches you that Yuzu can make miracles happen but he's only human after all and it's not like he will have less fans if smth. will go wrong this time. Still I know he will try his best and after all that years together his team and TCC coaches must already know what will work best for him in current situation. My most concern is the new FS layout (never was I more grateful for old programmes at least) and small training time during season for a new jump, of course Yuzu can drop it and go to the previous season's one but it's not like I believe he will, anyway he must do what he believes is right cuz in the end of the day he is the person that stands alone in the middle of the rink.

41 minutes ago, Fay said:

Guys, can anyone help me - did Yuzuru change his Etude costume after Nebelhorn 2011? Because in this video his costume looks quite different... - there's a green part in the centre and it's more like H&L... 

I didn't see this before, but it seems you are right. The green stripe at Cup of China has gone....

Nebelhorn was the first time he showed this program?

Just now, fireovertheice said:

I didn't see this before, but it seems you are right. The green stripe at Cup of China has gone....

Nebelhorn was the first time he showed this program?

He must have skated it in summer shows, but what's the likelihood of finding any videos from those? 

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

He must have skated it in summer shows, but what's the likelihood of finding any videos from those? 

I think that will be very hard, but maybe Japanese fans know them or where to find them?

Thank you so much @Fay for the link of Nebelhorn (I have already looked also at the FS , the EX and the finale of the gala :embSwan:; I started  to follow him just after Nice). How already amazing he was...Really: where you can find now a male skater like him among the youngs 16-17 years old...(and maybe also 18 :peekapooh:)?