General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Anyone else notice it? I don’t really study jumps that well. I can’t tell lol. 

Oh yeah, Yuzu's quite the model for them. And Eteri said she'd love to coach him, though... thank you, Eteri, I'd rather he stayed with Brian. 

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh yeah, Yuzu's quite the model for them. And Eteri said she'd love to coach him, though... thank you, Eteri, I'd rather he stayed with Brian. 

well...we all know that the entry test into Eteri school isn't a skating one , it will all depend on your answer at the question "fav skater ? " :snpeace:

20 hours ago, getsurenka said:

To be honest, I am more worried of his mental state than his physical state at this moment. He can heal his injury in two months, but we don't know to what extent his injury and the four months rest period will affect his mental state. I think that will be the greatest variable in his plan to grab gold in Olympics, and I am sure he knows it too.

I agree here.  If Yuzu misses nationals, which appears likely now, then going cold into PC is not very good.  My betting is, then, that he'll go into 4C instead, actually for two reasons then.  One, he needs one competition before PC to get him back into competitive mode mentally.  Two, 4C is the only major competition he hasn't won.  With that kind of incentive I think all of us Planeteers have a 4C in our near future.  May this 4C venture be the one he finally grabs the gold in and the one leading up to his 2nd Olympic gold.

5 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh this reminds me. Here's the full (?) episode I found on YouTube of that show where they had those two ladies fangirling over his jacket-removing capabilities:

It actually also features Akiko Suzuki and Kenji Miyamoto as the episode's special guests. This was recorded shortly before the GPF. Here's roughly what was said between the 10:12 and the 11:20 mark:

Thank you! I have been looking for a better video of that clip because I did realize there were probably more things said. As always, appreciate the translation as well. :2thumbsup:

5 hours ago, katonice said:

I think it's interesting how many opinions have come out since Yuzu's WD and also recent update assuring people and maybe even Yuzu that he'll make the Olympic team no matter what, and maybe its for sponsors and antis as well who might fuss. It's kind of weird though, all the different pressures coming from all angles that I start to feel soooo bad for Yuzu on top of everything else.

Yet, here's my side on it anyway: if Yuzu is aiming for Nats and is not contemplating WD yet, or whatever he decides if he withdraws, then I'm supporting him even if its a good idea or not, because going through NHK and hearing about his belated teary WD that time, I think pressuring a fighter like Yuzu to withdraw against his will takes it's own toll on him as well.

1 hour ago, SydneyH said:

actually that something that I noticed too ^^ if you look at  the little russian Anna Shcherbakova  entrance into her 4T , you can see how it's done the "Hanyu way"  lol it's easy to see that Eteri takes Yuzuru as a model for her skaters 

Aww...I wish more things will be called the 'Hanyu way', like the spread eagle sandwich. :embSwan:

And I've become more and more of a serial liker. So if you posted something, be prepared to receive a like. :LOL:

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

My heart is already prepared for WD. 

And seeing how they are publicly supporting the decision for him to WD makes a statement to show the public that he will get to go to Olys without Nats. And for those who disagrees.... I dont hear you :wave:

Yes. I’m prepared for the news whenever it comes. He needs to heal properly and make a comeback for the Olympics. 

2 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I’m glad I’m not a fan around this time. I don’t know how you all handled it.  :13877886:

2 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

it took like 6 months to heal or something, right? its a good thing not to skate so recovery will be faster. >: 

No, it took around 2,5 months off ice. And loads of time to get back in shape. 

Don't remind me of last summer... 

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

I’m glad I’m not a fan around this time. I don’t know how you all handled it.  :13877886:

I became a fan just before Worlds 2017, I don't know how I could've handle the news back then.. considering even now it's hard to manage my emotions.. :sadPooh: