General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, katonice said:

Is he... scolding him for going back to the ice too soon???

Should we... agree with him after all? Should we want Yuzuru NOT to compete at Nationals?

But maybe the pain is really gone after all... when you're injured, there's really a lot of fear involved in harming yourself again, but if Yuzuru was able to pick himself up from this, and is feeling confident... I mean, I'm sure he doesn't need Sugita to tell him not to skate in dangerous conditions from afar. Brian knows better and honestly at this point Yuzuru should too. 

AAAH rumors. 

Yes, when I read this article a couple of hours ago I felt very bad feeling, thinking "Did Yuzu go to the ice and do something very wrong (for example, jumps)???" I really hope that's not the case. :slinkaway:

To be honest, I can't imagine Yuzu is just waiting for his injury to be cured patiently at his house. He must have tried as much as possible to fit for the Nationals. Perhaps he skated and tried to jump, but it still hurt too much.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Sorry for my speculation. I should stop now.

I'm just sad thinking how he feels now. He loves to skate in front of the home crowd and we have(or had) the three competitions in Japan this season. I still remember how I was happy to know that but now all the opportunities are gone. Well, the most important is the Olympics and if we have to suffer this now for the OGM, I don't care my disappointment at all.

55 minutes ago, katonice said:

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Should we... agree with him after all? Should we want Yuzuru NOT to compete at Nationals?

But maybe the pain is really gone after all... when you're injured, there's really a lot of fear involved in harming yourself again, but if Yuzuru was able to pick himself up from this, and is feeling confident... I mean, I'm sure he doesn't need Sugita to tell him not to skate in dangerous conditions from afar. Brian knows better and honestly at this point Yuzuru should too. 

AAAH rumors. 

I think it's more of they know of his stubborn nature and knows that if unchecked (by Brian, Tracy or Ghislain), he will insist on competing. I truly believe the delay in the announcement of his withdrawal at NHK (and news of him crying :13877886:) was because it took a LOT to convince him to acquiesce to everyone telling him to WD. I personally think he should skip Nationals and it seems like a lot of experts think so as well but... as everyone who knows Yuzuru and his nature have said, that might be a tough pill for him to swallow. And I think that's why we get a lot of articles and opinion pieces that echo that.

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

AAAH rumors. 

yeah I'm kinda of .... torn about this. If it is true that he is back on the ice then... It would be recent, right? the message that there will still pain was from the 8th, it's now the 12th. Perhaps the pain he was talking about was minor and fading but enough to have him hesitant to return to the ice but nothing serious and faded through the past few days of his rehab program and whoever is doing the rehab with him felt comfortable clearing him to go on the ice and start rebuilding. With how cautious Yuzuru has sounded in interviews for the past year I'd like to believe he won't be pushing himself to get back on the ice too early. I'd also like to believe that, with how his team has seemed to approach this so far, they wouldn't allow him on the ice if they weren't satisfied the risk of the injury relapsing was low. So...if he has returned to the ice surely it's a good thing? The pain is gone, the injury is sufficiently healed and he feels comfortable to restart training. It's possible the previous announcement was more to prepare people and moderate expectations so if he does choose to withdraw. it's understandable why, and if he competes but isn't at his best, it's understandable why.

I agree with the general message that if Yuzuru doesn't necessarily need to compete to make the Olympic team then there's really no need to rush himself and it's better to put more focus in ensuring the injury is fully healed before preparing for Pyeongchang but if going to nationals isn't going to hurt him and he feels like he's able to compete without a likelihood of reinjury I'm not inclined to argue that he shouldn't and I'm not exactly going to criticise him for trying if he is back on the ice because the pain is completely gone and he feels okay to start training again. At the end of the day, everyone who isn't Yuzuru or a member of his team is just speculating what the situation is, where the injury is at progress wise, and what is best for him.

I'm concerned about the prospect of him having no competition until Pyeongchang, but I don't want him to go to Nationals unless he is satisfied he is fit to do so. Yuzuru is a grown man with years of experience here. He knows more about the sport, his training, his body, his goals and what is best for him way more than anyone else could.

10 days total rest and 4 weeks of rehab says to me he is taking this seriously. Getting the idea of him possibly withdrawing out there just in case does say to me he is being careful. If he is back on the ice and does go to Nationals next week I choose to believe it's because he is better and is confident that he's capable. And if he withdraws, I'll have faith that he's taking a precaution to ensure he's at his absolute best at Olympics.

Sometimes (depending on injury) moving the injured part is advisable. Joints especially need practice or they become stiff after couple weeks of disuse. So, if Yuzu is back on ice it doesn't mean he is completely healthy neither does it mean that he is pushing himself. It could be part of his rehab to use the ankle and get to his normal practice routine gradually

It's just a rumor and not information that comes from Yuzu himself or his team. And going on the ice could mean anything, there's no point in speculating. All we can and should do is trust that Yuzu's team is doing their best to get Yuzu to the Olympics in a good condition.

I remember last year at open practice ( around Sept), Yuzuru said there's pain but he still could skate, and by the time NHK/GPF (Nov/Dec) he said his left foot was completely healed. Maybe this time is the same ? We don't know how his practice goes if he indeed back to on ice training, just do stroking/ spin or jump. I looked at timeline last year, Brian said his Lp choreo was done without jumps in May/June, and he's back on ice in late June. He mentioned he practice choreo off ice with ShaeLyn too. So, he did various ways of rehab/off ice training way before back to the ice. I think Yuzuru and his team are extra careful this season, if he's really back to on ice training, that's mean he feel comfortable enough. Don't forget his team manage to help him back to his form after injuries many times, I have faith in them.

As for the nationals, the only pro I can see is to have one more comp before Oly. Kobayashi's words means to me that JSF fully support Yuzuru for whatever he does, just to be healthy and ready for Oly. Japanese media and FS experts have no problem with him being named for Oly team even with skipping Nats. I'm sure he and his team will make the best decision. I would like to send all positive vibe to Yuzuru right now. He'll be fine I believe. 

Being back on the ice doesn't mean he's going to be going back to jumping quads right away. On Ice rehabilitation is also important, especially for testing and working on the range of motion on his ankle, considering the agility needed for turns and edges.

Edit: Actually, any kind of rehabilitation involves gradually doing the full range of activity that the sportsman was doing before, so being back on ice is part of the rehabilitation process. 

On 10.12.2017 at 7:18 AM, MrPudding said:

If this is the situation.. will he really compete Nats with a only a few days of on ice practice or will he will he skip and go to 4cc or will it be a total no show until Olys :sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

If it means he'll actually take care of his body and take time to heal fully instead of risking more serious and long-term consequences down the road I'm all for the no show until Olys - I can endure the Yuzu drought just as long as he's okay

8 hours ago, singcarcom said:

:smiley-laughing021:

Brian the border collie needs to protect everyone from the evil raccoon!!!

I take offense to this  :smiley-laughing021:

also @WinForPooh , sorry for flooding your notifications :peekapooh:

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

AAAH rumors. 

No, he is not scolding Yuzu. He is just saying that since he has heard that Yuzu has already got back on the ice, he was surprised/disappointed at the news that Yuzu was still undergoing treatments and not be able to back on the ice, and suggesting that Yuzu should skip nationals if he is not fully recovered.

I’ve read another OB in JSF suggesting the same thing. I suspect that they are trying to make it easier for Yuzu to withdraw. (Remember how he apologized last year, for withdrawing from nationals mentioning sponsors and the broadcaster of the event? Some people want him to participate in the competition for their own reasons) 
But anyway, to withdraw or not is up to him.

8 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Anyone else notice it? I don’t really study jumps that well. I can’t tell lol. 

actually that something that I noticed too ^^ if you look at  the little russian Anna Shcherbakova  entrance into her 4T , you can see how it's done the "Hanyu way"  lol it's easy to see that Eteri takes Yuzuru as a model for her skaters 

21 hours ago, Fay said:

Absolutely. Nathan didn't win the Free. Nathan could have easily lost had his PCS not being inflated in Short and Free (and let's not talk about GOE). Didn't he win by a margin of 5 points? That's hardly decisive, but maybe I'm just Hanyu biased... for me, decisively is at least 10 points.

Nathan's margin over Shoma was just .50 points, that's just one-half a point.  I consider it a tie, actually.