General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

We'll find out what really happened casually maybe in an Ice Jewels article in 3 years time (like how we found out about the extent of his knee injury in 2013 just now...) :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Or in Aoi Honoo volume 3 :13877886: maybe it'll be written after worlds 2018

5 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Here is a video to lift everyone's spirit up! I think all of you will be smiling throughout the entire video.

http://t.cn/R0kP660?m=4159022858368203&u=3037417180

P.S.: Don't watch if you are hungry or on a diet!

seeing him happily eating his birthday cake just made me sad again :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: I hope he's happy at his birthday this year too, despite the injury...

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

I am just getting lunch....the raw egg is a no go though.

it's actually pretty good :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I tried it before! Disclaimer for anyone who wants to try: it is a raw yolk, not the whole egg! the white part of eggs can give food poisoning if eaten raw..

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Right, but that means even if he were to get back to training today he would somehow work back up to pre-NHK within 1-2 weeks? I don't think it's going according to keikaku. 

anecdotes aren't really helpful but someone on twitter shared that after not skating for years they were able to get spins and jumps back within a couple of weeks and suggested it would take Yuzu way less time to get back to roughly where he was, except for maybe the 4lz which he might need to rebuild for a bit longer.

3 時間前, freeyafanfanさんが言いました:

it's actually pretty good :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I tried it before! Disclaimer for anyone who wants to try: it is a raw yolk, not the whole egg! the white part of eggs can give food poisoning if eaten raw..

It's not for everyone. And it's actually the whole egg. You beat it and then you pour it over through a pair of chopsticks or a fork. If the egg's fresh, like fresh-from-the-farm fresh, you're good. If it's more than a day old, you might wanna consider frying, boiling or poaching it first.

Oh this reminds me. Here's the full (?) episode I found on YouTube of that show where they had those two ladies fangirling over his jacket-removing capabilities:

It actually also features Akiko Suzuki and Kenji Miyamoto as the episode's special guests. This was recorded shortly before the GPF. Here's roughly what was said between the 10:12 and the 11:20 mark:

引用

*Segment talks about him going to the Games under special concession if he were to skip the Nats*

Miyamae (Host #1): 

What do you think? Will he be able to make it to the Nationals anyway?

Takei (Host #2): 

Yeah, with his condition, is it even advisable?

Suzuki: 

Even if he rushes things and pushes himself before he is truly ready and gets himself a ticket that way, there's still the question of whether or not this will ultimately prevent him from going into the Olympics in his topmost form so I'm hoping he would consider things from that angle as well.

Takei: 

Yeah, but he may not feel good about taking the free pass, though, given the way he is...

Suzuki: 

True. He's still an athlete at heart so it may not be as simple as that...

Miyamae: 

Boy, you athletes are truly a different breed. Me, if I'm told to take some time off (and still have my job when I come back), I'd be like, "Whoa? Ya serious?! Thanks, yo!" and jump at it.

Takei:

If he skates in a condition that's not optimal, his program itself as a whole, among other things, would suffer though, wouldn't it?

Miyamoto: 

Well he may still be able to pull through if he dropped his difficulty a bit and switched his layout around a little to skate a program that's less taxing physically...

Suzuki: 

But this is Yuzuru we're talking about...he thrives on challenging himself so that pill may also be an especially tough one for him to swallow...

Ishii (Guest, long-time FS fan, Todai alumni):

Wow, I wonder if he'll still insist on sticking with the 4Lz, then...

Miyamae: 

Someone tell that boy to just stick to singles.

Everyone:

LOL!

Takei: 

You *do* realize he'll only be scoring peanuts with those, right?

Oh, and I found this:

Did you have a good time filming this, @Anony?