General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

We'll find out what really happened casually maybe in an Ice Jewels article in 3 years time (like how we found out about the extent of his knee injury in 2013 just now...) :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Hmm, actually it is good that he even tells people his condition and status. This is kind of like that sore knee before aci. Following his past, he actually keeps more quiet about the serious injuries, so the fact he is saying anything might mean it is actually within control? 

Checking calender, he was exactly on week 4 of his entire recovery period, so he likely would not be on the ice, unless his recovery ability is superhuman levels. First thing is to gain full strength and use of his right leg, not just ankle, because it has been in disuse for a while. And Edea piano boots are freakin stiff, hard shoes. 

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm, actually it is good that he even tells people his condition and status. This is kind of like that sore knee before aci. Following his past, he actually keeps more quiet about the serious injuries, so the fact he is saying anything might mean it is actually within control? 

Checking calender, he was exactly on week 4 of his entire recovery period, so he likely would not be on the ice, unless his recovery ability is superhuman levels. First thing is to gain full strength and use of his right leg, not just ankle, because it has been in disuse for a while. And Edea piano boots are freakin stiff, hard shoes. 

4 weeks isn't that bad, I think it was just a tiny shock because the initial report said that for him to get back to pre-NHK levels it would be 10 days rest +4 weeks rehab so we were all expecting him to be back on ice by now. 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

4 weeks isn't that bad, I think it was just a tiny shock because the initial report said that for him to get back to pre-NHK levels it would be 10 days rest +4 weeks rehab so we were all expecting him to be back on ice by now. 

But the actual math is 6-7 weeks, which butts right into nationals. 

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Right, but that means even if he were to get back to training today he would somehow work back up to pre-NHK within 1-2 weeks? I don't think it's going according to keikaku. 

True, but then again aci sp was done with less....best he doesn't reinjure, and hope he learns not to force it with a fever now ( or at least his team will sit on him if he tries). 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

True, but then again aci sp was done with less....best he doesn't reinjure, and hope he learns not to force it with a fever now ( or at least his team will sit on him if he tries). 

Yeah but he only had one week off, not over a month of rest and rehab. Unless we find out differently in his next biography. :13877886:

I’m with everyone else that I’m more worried about his nerves at the Olympics but what do I know. He’s in the best hands so I’m sure whatever’s going on it’s being handled as well as can be. And it’s not like a miracle performance would be at all surprising. :P 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yeah but he only had one week off, not over a month of rest and rehab. Unless we find out differently in his next biography. :13877886:

I’m with everyone else that I’m more worried about his nerves at the Olympics but what do I know. He’s in the best hands so I’m sure whatever’s going on it’s being handled as well as can be. And it’s not like a miracle performance would be at all surprising. :P 

Part of me hopes he can tap into his inner Sotnikova and skate like a bull.