General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

(I do chuckle a bit at "I won decisively". If he really said that, then his and Yuzu's definitions of winning decisively don't even belong in the same Universe with how different they are...)

Absolutely. Nathan didn't win the Free. Nathan could have easily lost had his PCS not being inflated in Short and Free (and let's not talk about GOE). Didn't he win by a margin of 5 points? That's hardly decisive, but maybe I'm just Hanyu biased... for me, decisively is at least 10 points. 

22 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Wow, somebody else makes wishes when it's snowing. I've made my first for him this year when it was snowing in Moscow before the CoR's free. 

It's snowing right now, and has all morning... so, what is the superstition/tradition about snowing and wishing... when does one make a wish? once it starts? We're supposed to get snow here everyday almost all week, lol.... I can be doing a lot of wishing!!

2 минуты назад, liv сказал:

It's snowing right now, and has all morning... so, what is the superstition/tradition about snowing and wishing... when does one make a wish? once it starts? We're supposed to get snow here everyday almost all week, lol.... I can be doing a lot of wishing!!

I've only heard about the very first snow of the year. If you are lucky enough too see it personally, you can make a wish.

23 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

As Nathan's fellow American I don't feel awkward or sympathetic about that. He's skating for a strong federation and, as a result, often being overscored--something for which he should be very thankful. If he wants to be as popular as Yuzu with skating fans, he needs to stop whining and earn their love and respect. Showing more humility would probably be a good idea too. 

Also fellow American here. While I agree with the first half, and I don't have much patience for the USFS, I will have to disagree with the latter. I think Nathan is already very humble and just a very confident skater who is also smart and honest. I've seen people label Yuzu as cocky, arrogant & conceited, and I can't understand how people can twist his passion, confidence & love of competition into something like that. I just hope people can give these men some props for being great sportsmen who recognizes their competitors but are also true to themselves and their version of ideal skates, which for Nathan and Yuzu happens to be different.

Also while uber American skating fans are on the Nathan train, he's also gaining Chinese and Japanese fans too as well as from other nationalities and he is earning it through his performances especially his SP this season. Unfortunately for Shoma, I do think if no one new steps up once the uncle retires Nathan will be the big star in the men's field and has his time to really shine. (I'm personally rooting for Boyang though.)

13 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Absolutely. Nathan didn't win the Free. Nathan could have easily lost had his PCS not being inflated in Short and Free (and let's not talk about GOE). Didn't he win by a margin of 5 points? That's hardly decisive, but maybe I'm just Hanyu biased... for me, decisively is at least 10 points. 

3 points, not 5. But a win is a win is a win...

1 minute ago, Mastyaeva said:

I've only heard about the very first snow of the year. If you are lucky enough too see it personally, you can make a wish.

Hmm well it hardly ever snows where I am, but this winter is colder than normal. So we'll see if I get a chance to before Feb. =)

Usually I never worry about the male skater's I become invested in- they usually do well and pull through despite setbacks (the years where I didn't watch though had some surprises).  The ladies on the other hand....I'm used to being heartbroken by them on a regular basis. 

18 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Maybe he compared it to 0,5 points

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

I finally found the recording and the exact time (when Shoma skated). So this is what TAT said word by word:

Ms. Tarasova while commenting GPF Gala for Russian "Channel One”: “Yuzuru, get well soon, what's up… You fell so hard. Get well! Without you likewise (TAT meant others injured skaters) men’s figure skating isn't men’s figure skating. Because we love you, we cheer up for you, we want extraordinary beauty and difficulty simultaneously in men's figure skating. And those are not the first Olympics we cheer up for you”.

Watched that ex just now. Where's the gag I could put down Aver(blah)bukh's throat? Sorry, if there are any fans here, but that man should be kept away from commentating forever. He can't say a bloody good word about any athletes who are not Russian. 

Shoma's ex was quite good, btw. 

26 minutes ago, Fay said:

Watched that ex just now. Where's the gag I could put down Aver(blah)bukh's throat? Sorry, if there are any fans here, but that man should be kept away from commentating forever. He can't say a bloody good word about any athletes who are not Russian. 

Shoma's ex was quite good, btw. 

I hate this man :ats2498_livid:  Bashing foreign athletes like that? Just thinking about his words makes me sick, I only made it through one video with their comments, out of curiosity, and I regret doing that because it made me mad as hell. This should never be allowed :dry: The worst is the fact that a lot of people watching will probably trust his words without questioning anything... Ugghhhh 

Sorry, back on topic. 

I miss him so much, why do we have to go through another "off-season" again :2023:

:crazyshit2:

1 minute ago, Fay said:

I can go through any off-season as long as he's getting better and gets back on the ice...

In fact, honestly I'm not sad thinking about him not going to Nationals, more so than him not being able to train on ice right now. Because we know that he loves doing what he does and feels depressed when he can't skate. 

I can only imagine what I would feel if I had a broken wrist and I couldn't play any musical instrument.