General Yuzuru Chat

Idk why some of you suspect JSF's statement. They repeated his words and its pretty clear. He's feeling better but there's still pain, and not do on ice training yet. Yuzuru could avoid to reveal his condition before competition but there's no way he exaggerate it. 

To me, this news is similar to Evgenia's case, which mean a pre WD announcement. We would hear more news soon, next week. 

I think its good that he and his team are extra careful and not in rush for comeback. Those GPF's performances might play a part. Back in Sochi, Dai had to skate at Nat when he's not ready because the men's field at that time was too deep, and he did not skate well at Oly either.  What worries me the most is Yuzuru might has to skate at Oly after 4 months of no comp. But well, right now I just pray for the best. 

Things are turning really crazy. We'll never know for sure what will happen in PC. All we can do is pray and hope that the 18 years of skating experience Yuzu got will reach its pinnacle and be awarded gold there. No matter what happens, I just want him to be standing strong, healthy and happy! 

Sorry if this will be OT but earlier you were talking about a Russian(?) doodle artist. I think I saw a drawing of his/hers and it's so amusing (and somewhat creepy). 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Nope, that's the problem. It's 4CC or nothing and yes, it is too close.

For Yuzuru, definitely too close. We're talking Jan 22-27 here and considering how he is, that is too close unless they drop the Team Event for him. He'd have just about enough time then but on the other hand, he himself may not want that, even if JSF is all right with it, which is another question. 

Yeah I think 4CC and no team event might be most suitable. But again TCC might have come up with some better options. I have faith Yuzuru will be fine by Olympics.

1 hour ago, Lyyli said:

I looked at ISU site. There are international competitions both in Bucharest and in Abu Dhabi January 4th-7th senior men included but they are not suitable for some reason?

Don't give me a heart attack, please. (Yeah, as if he'd ever come here...)

Regarding all the doom and gloom... I get it, and if I started thinking about ifs, I'd be panicking, too. But for me, the bottomline hasn't changed. Even if he doesn't do nats or any other competition before the Olympics, I know he can win. Didn't we just agree he's the GOAT - or goat :P - a few pages back? Whether he will or not, I think is still mostly a mental issue. If he manages to focus - and Brian manages to make him really trust his training - then he'll wipe the floor with everyone. And I'm not sure how many competitions he does before that, or even how many hours of practice he puts in, will matter THAT much. Of course, those would help a lot by way of giving him confidence, but at the end of the day, whether he wins or not will depend only on those 3 minutes + 4 and a half minutes for the SP and FS. So from that POV, nothing has changed.

We also have to remember Helsinki happened two weeks after an asthma attack that left him unable to practice with the music on - admittedly, we don't know for how long, but my impression is asthma attacks, especially if they're bad, take days to recover from. And yet, he did superbly. (And, yes, the SP, too. His mistakes were very small and took very little away from the performance, but were sadly very costly). So, really, the sky's the limit. It just sucks his path has to be so difficult.

Also, regarding Brian and Tracy preferring Javi, I think there was a time when Brian said Javi was more likely to get gold, but it was when Javi was at the top, around when he got his titles, I think. Another thing they've said is Javi is their biggest success story, because of where he was when he went there and how far he's gotten since then. For that same reason, Javi's championships were perhaps a bit sweeter, and a Javi OGM would be as well. But I refuse to think any of them ever thought "I wish Javi would win over Yuzu." Also, that Javi has openly said he wants a medal at the Olympics and the color matters less, I think they all know who the OGM favorite is. It's true Brian has said Javi is more relaxed - compared to Yuzu's intensity - and that's why he competes better. Though to this day, I'm not sure really what that means, because Yuzu's results are still better. But yes, Brian isn't a fan of Yuzu's intensity, so he might feel Javi might have a slight upper hand. However, I believe Brian when he says he doesn't do favorites - and I'm sure it's not easy, either - and I also doubt anyone can honestly say that if both were perfect, Javi would win. His choice not to go for the higher BV options means he can only count on mistakes by the others. Which of course, doesn't mean he has no chance - as we've seen, he's beaten Yuzu, Shoma and Nathan this year :P - but if both are perfect, Yuzu is still top. And I doubt they don't know that. So, I don't think we have anything to worry about on that front. My biggest concern, TCC-related is still communication and language barriers. Although I'm sure it has gotten much better.

6 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

I'm trying REALLY HARD to not indulge in pessimism but this is really awful news.

It really is awful news, although not unexpected given how serious ankle injuries can be. I never expected him to do nationals but it's concerning that he still is not on the ice at all. 

As for competing at 4CC, I think that could be very risky for him as he might re-injure himself. A better strategy might be to just go for broke at the Olympics and hope for the best.

20 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Things are turning really crazy. We'll never know for sure what will happen in PC. All we can do is pray and hope that the 18 years of skating experience Yuzu got will reach its pinnacle and be awarded gold there. No matter what happens, I just want him to be standing strong, healthy and happy! 

Sorry if this will be OT but earlier you were talking about a Russian(?) doodle artist. I think I saw a drawing of his/hers and it's so amusing (and somewhat creepy). 

Creepy LOL SO CREEPY 

8 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Must be a weird feeling to be the winner but the runner up is more celebrated especially at the gala. 

I admit, from the way the question was asked, I expected him to say he admired Yuzu, but he focused more on the mixed feelings. I always wonder how it must be to share the Ice with Yuzu, if you're not one of his fans... (I do chuckle a bit at "I won decisively". If he really said that, then his and Yuzu's definitions of winning decisively don't even belong in the same Universe with how different they are...)

31 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Spoiler

Aaahh, take it awaaaayy! :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Quick, someone post something cute so I can go to bed without nightmares!

7 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I admit, from the way the question was asked, I expected him to say he admired Yuzu, but he focused more on the mixed feelings. I always wonder how it must be to share the Ice with Yuzu, if you're not one of his fans... (I do chuckle a bit at "I won decisively". If he really said that, then his and Yuzu's definitions of winning decisively don't even belong in the same Universe with how different they are...)

Yuzu already know the feeling after winning the Nationals the first time against Takahashi. I read somewhere that there was some boos during the award ceremony. Thank goodness Nathen didn’t get booed. I hope.... 

My boy been through so much.  :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: 

23 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Must be a weird feeling to be the winner but the runner up is more celebrated especially at the gala. 

I feel awkward watching him at galas with Yuzu and seeing him get less screen time and less cheers despite his wins. :/ C'mon, people! You might not like the result but let him enjoy his victories! Though of course I understand why the cameras are so stuck on Yuzu. :P

32 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I asked my Russian friend and she said this interviewer is famous for tweaking words and stuff out of context so we might not know what's exactly Nathan mean.