General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, wpisces said:

I hope his team will announce his decision early. I almost died from a heart attack when they announced his withdrawal from NHK like... 2 hours before competitions started :facepalm::facepalm:  

If he skips Nats, it means we have to wait for two more months to see him again. Waiting is not scary. We had waited for him all summer long. Scary thing is waiting without knowing how he is, whether he is okay or not. It's not going to be easy for all of us. 

It was not that they postponed the announcement. It took time for them to make that decision. This time we’ll hear their decision much earlier because he’s in Canada and the official practice for nationals will begin in about a week.

9 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

I'm good with this if that means he's fine. But knowing Yuzu, the last thing he would want is create unnecessary worry and stress to people who cares very much about him. I do really hope he is fine tho...

No use borrowing trouble. Just trust it's how they say it is, and it is really good he's taking care of his health much more than ever before. He would have skated right through this in the earlier years, but not now. So it's already better than we could have hoped for! Cross everything, knock on everything and it's going to be ok. 

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

No use borrowing trouble. Just trust it's how they say it is, and it is really good he's taking care of his health much more than ever before. He would have skated right through this in the earlier years, but not now. So it's already better than we could have hoped for! Cross everything, knock on everything and it's going to be ok. 

Do we have other competitions before Olympic aside from 4CC? I have heard many people complain 4CC is too close to the Olympics.

Seeing so many pages, I knew something was up... so, ok. Yuzu is having pain still, which is normal for only a few weeks post injury. I imagine there is no little uncertainty inside him right now, but I hope he is now wise enough to know that you cannot rush things and that he can still do well after injury. Olympics is 2 months away which is plenty of time if you dont do something ill advised.

It is good news that he isn't rushing to get ready for Nats, and I actually hope he does not go if he still has not gotten back on the ice by now. He has achieved so much that he shouldnt feel pressured to get ready for an event that really doesn't determine his future anymore either, other than desire to have the title. Shoma's GPF showing certainly didnt put pressure on him, which it would have if he had been outstanding.  It would not surprise me if he travels to the event though, to be on hand when the team is announced as that seems a big deal there (and to be with family for the holidays).... but staying home to train would not surprise me either....

I would absolutely adore it if they found some minor local competition for him in say, january.... the tiny crowd would get the best gift ever :) 

6 minutes ago, meoima said:

Do we have other competitions before Olympic aside from 4CC? I have heard many people complain 4CC is too close to the Olympics.

Nope, that's the problem. It's 4CC or nothing and yes, it is too close.

For Yuzuru, definitely too close. We're talking Jan 22-27 here and considering how he is, that is too close unless they drop the Team Event for him. He'd have just about enough time then but on the other hand, he himself may not want that, even if JSF is all right with it, which is another question. 

5 minutes ago, meoima said:

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Nope, that's the problem. It's 4CC or nothing and yes, it is too close.

I looked at ISU site. There are international competitions both in Bucharest and in Abu Dhabi January 4th-7th senior men included but they are not suitable for some reason?

10 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

I looked at ISU site. There are international competitions both in Bucharest and in Abu Dhabi January 4th-7th senior men included but they are not suitable for some reason?

I think it's too tight with time, considering today it's Dec 10th, and he's not back on ice. He'd have to be there in about 20 days, so Jan 1st to get the practices in. I am sure they'll know how to handle it. If nothing else, there's the TCC simulation that he might do.

11 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I think it's too tight with time, considering today it's Dec 10th, and he's not back on ice. He'd have to be there in about 20 days, so Jan 1st to get the practices in. I am sure they'll know how to handle it. If nothing else, there's the TCC simulation that he might do.

Maybe they can livestream that.. you know.. to get the real viewers affect... 

At this point I just want him to be super healthy at Olys that nothing can stop him :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: