General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

Haha that's not what the tweet implied at all. It was just a statement that would apply to everyone not just yuzu, as in that we all know our pain, feelings etc best. It's fascinating as always, to see individual differences in interpreting. Next time, there should be more clarity, I suppose.

About Helsinki, yes this was why I knew there might be a false memory there with the info mixed up haha. Thanks! @swanbeau

About ACI, I was more of meaning that Brian didn't understand Yuzu well enough to know that watering down is affecting his motivation, thereby affecting his performance. SP I believe was due to him having 4S as first jump before, hence it's like his body remembers it. 

Ah, it's a physical condition vs how you feel thing - like we underestimate or overestimate what we can do in a particular moment, even if only that person can know the actual level of pain. (Completely OT, the pain scale of 1-10 drives me mad, I've said fracture and internal bleeding hurts at maybe a 5 or 6 because I think, well, if my limb was chopped off it would probably be a 9 so relative to that, this has to be a 5 or max 6, but apparently I should've said at least 8 but how can I judge accurately unless I've felt 10, what sense does that make...) Interpretations and misunderstandings! :laughing:

I would guess Brian probably knew that the easier layout for Seimei might not go so well, but it was preferable to doing the 4Lz and 4Lo with his knee inflammation. He should have had muscle memory for old SEimei, too, though, so it might have gone well on another day. Between injury and popstarring, I'd take popping and offer him a mic and a stage to do it on, too! :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Daisuke Takahashi was injured before the pre-Sochi JP Nats and was still halfway to recovery when he competed at Nats, finishing 5th and worsening his injury. He went to Sochi still but his performance suffered because he didn't recover properly. The situation, of course, was different then considering the deep men's field in 2013 so he felt like he had to compete to be sent to Sochi. It's different now and Yuzu doesn't need Nationals to be chosen so he doesn't need to force himself to compete before he's ready. 

Kobayashi's words from the translation above kind of makes me think she's aware of that situation and probably doesn't want a repeat. It also seems they're waiting and willing to accommodate Yuzu's requests. 

I approve of being cautious and not rushing! Good, JSF is doing it right this time.

Waking up to the doom and gloom on social media as well as an additional 10 pages on this thread nearly gave me a heart attack :13877886:Maybe that is why the actual news doesn't seem so bad to me.

To be honest I expected something like that. I was thinking yesterday that he will probably show up at Nats to kick start his engine and get back to the competition mood but was sure he will not be fully prepared (more like ACI). The message he sent was actually good and even if he is still in pain (which is normal with this type of injuries), he is getting better. I would be more worried if he was pushing through pain and making his condition worse but he isn't and that is good news :yes:

Let's trust Yuzu and his team, I am sure they will make the best decision for him. Also, Yuzu have a lovely amazing mother so let her do the fuzzing as it is not our place to play moms to him :P 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Daisuke Takahashi was injured before the pre-Sochi JP Nats and was still halfway to recovery when he competed at Nats, finishing 5th and worsening his injury. He went to Sochi still but his performance suffered because he didn't recover properly. The situation, of course, was different then considering the deep men's field in 2013 so he felt like he had to compete to be sent to Sochi. It's different now and Yuzu doesn't need Nationals to be chosen so he doesn't need to force himself to compete before he's ready. 

Kobayashi's words from the translation above kind of makes me think she's aware of that situation and probably doesn't want a repeat. It also seems they're waiting and willing to accommodate Yuzu's requests. 

I think that you could be right. Also the time when this new came out let me think that here they waited the final results and took in consideration the fact that with a Shoma showing not so strong, if Yuzuru is not healed properly, it's not the case to risk anything with him.

Frankly, not having news till now, I was afraid he was not capable to recover to the point to compete at Nat on a sufficient good level, i.e. for him to be sure to win over Shoma or to be able at least to give a high profile perfomance also without Lz.

In this case his body and also his mind have the command over all factors: if they are not well yet, better to wait and use the time from here to PC in the best way possible, i.e. healing and training properly.

We will wait for other news in the next week. In the meantime all the best whishes to our Alien King whichever decision he and his team will take in regard to Nat.

56 минут назад, kaerb сказал:

omg what a coincidence she/he/they(?) had a disney princess yuzu drawing though? (and not posted on her insta/tumblr as far as I can see -- where did you find it??) 

adore that account, how do they manage to capture the likenesses so well ; u ; 

Yes, it was drawn after the CoR, I guess. This person started to be interested in drawing FS only since this season, according to the topics of the drawings. Here you can find some old ones, which are absent in instagram: https://wtfskatingdoodles.tumblr.com/page/6

This person seems to like Yuzu a lot as the whole line of drawings begins by Seimei.

Admins, sorry for this fanart off-topic.:offtopic:

21 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, it's a physical condition vs how you feel thing - like we underestimate or overestimate what we can do in a particular moment, even if only that person can know the actual level of pain. (Completely OT, the pain scale of 1-10 drives me mad, I've said fracture and internal bleeding hurts at maybe a 5 or 6 because I think, well, if my limb was chopped off it would probably be a 9 so relative to that, this has to be a 5 or max 6, but apparently I should've said at least 8 but how can I judge accurately unless I've felt 10, what sense does that make...) Interpretations and misunderstandings! :laughing:

I would guess Brian probably knew that the easier layout for Seimei might not go so well, but it was preferable to doing the 4Lz and 4Lo with his knee inflammation. He should have had muscle memory for old SEimei, too, though, so it might have gone well on another day. Between injury and popstarring, I'd take popping and offer him a mic and a stage to do it on, too! :biggrin:

yes exactly! glad we finally clear that up, I should probably have explained clearer so this wouldn't have dragged out that long. About the pain scale, I heard giving birth is 10? that's freaking scary if having your limb chop off being a 9. My parents told me it's not really painful tho. 

I see, That's true too. Tho I think instead of watering down his original layout, it would make more sense to go back to 2015's layout.

on the side note, I should be studying for my test tmr.... what am I doing...

I was wondering what caused mt Irene explosion and oh...

Well, しょうがないな. I guess we should be really grateful to our realistic (and mathematically gifted-I'm glad sb reminded us that it's still rehab time according to prognosis) and more experienced satelites for keeping us from imploding.

Personally I love @WinForPooh's point about WD just before jNats being a good thing, meaning he was really close to regaining his footing.(aka he would be training full throtle from say, beginning of January, which is a plenty time to leak I guess)

Also if we're going woth the whole second off season parallel, there is a lot of B competitions to choose from to becom3 his second ACL and I don't believe any organiser would refuse TCC has it reached out,asking to let one of their top athletes go to their comp...

I still do not guarantee lack of comfort writing...

Revised the translation of an article I posted earlier based on another article.
Earlier post: https://planethanyu.com/topic/3-general-yuzuru-chat/?page=2077&tab=comments#comment-133796

New article: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171210-00000098-dal-spo

According to the new article, it was him who asked Ms. Kobayashi to relay his message to the press. 
Ms. Kobayashi comments that it hurts when she imagines how he would feel when he hears about GPF because she thinks that for him, final is very important stage regardless of the result, and the fact that he could not compete here must be tough to swallow. She says that she cannot tell him that she wants him to skate at nationals or wants him to do something else or anything right now. She also comments that although nationals is an important competition, there will be Olympic games after that, so they are going to take it into consideration.

25 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

yes exactly! glad we finally clear that up, I should probably have explained clearer so this wouldn't have dragged out that long. About the pain scale, I heard giving birth is 10? that's freaking scary if having your limb chop off being a 9. My parents told me it's not really painful tho. 

I see, That's true too. Tho I think instead of watering down his original layout, it would make more sense to go back to 2015's layout.

on the side note, I should be studying for my test tmr.... what am I doing...

haha I assume having limb chopped off is a 9 because 10 would be the ultimate pain and who can possibly know that! I only know about fracture and internal bleeding, I thought around 8 would be much much worse.

Yeah I wanted old Seimei too, but well, all that's water under the bridge, I guess. As long as he's taking care now, he needs to be fine in Feb. :)

8 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Revised the translation of an article I posted earlier based on another article.
Earlier post: https://planethanyu.com/topic/3-general-yuzuru-chat/?page=2077&tab=comments#comment-133796

New article: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171210-00000098-dal-spo

According to the new article, it was him who asked Ms. Kobayashi to relay his message to the press. 
Ms. Kobayashi comments that it hurts when she imagines how he would feel when he hears about GPF because she thinks that for him, final is very important stage regardless of the result, and the fact that he could not compete here must be tough to swallow. She says that she cannot tell him that she wants him to skate at nationals or wants him to do something else or anything right now. She also comments that although nationals is an important competition, there will be Olympic games after that, so they are going to take it into consideration.

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

Well. 

I'm glad he's taking care of his health, and being really careful. Knock on wood, everything is going to be just fine come February. 

Really the only issue here if he skips Nats is the lack of competitions. This leaves 4CC as the only option, provided JSF lets him skip the team event as they have no chances of medaling there anyway. If not, then his only other try would be the short in the Team. 

But fingers crossed that he's recovering well, knock on wood a million times and hopefully it's all going to work out for the best. 

Strong neglect of everything ahead- might be paprika-level offensive...

Ok, now I am surprised I only thought of it now (and that I am the first) but maybe we should stay hopeful and wish that it is yet another level for Trollzuru Hanyu, who previously (albeit in a bad taste) trolled the world insisting he wasn't injuried while skating with said injury(ies, actually. On numerous ocassions... Yuzuuu -,-'). And since he started to reverse the trend this season he also decided to troll everybody with worry only to actually participate and blow everybody's mind with the size of his kuyashii pile... and then look at us innocently and say 'pain? What pain? Oh, but it was almost two weeks ago!' I know he's not THAT mean, but hey, girl can hope, right? >.< I take anything if that means he's going to be happy and fine and ready for the great stage.

I hope his team will announce his decision early. I almost died from a heart attack when they announced his withdrawal from NHK like... 2 hours before competitions started :facepalm::facepalm:  

If he skips Nats, it means we have to wait for two more months to see him again. Waiting is not scary. We had waited for him all summer long. Scary thing is waiting without knowing how he is, whether he is okay or not. It's not going to be easy for all of us. 

19 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Strong neglect of everything ahead- might be paprika-level offensive...

Ok, now I am surprised I only thought of it now (and that I am the first) but maybe we should stay hopeful and wish that it is yet another level for Trollzuru Hanyu, who previously (albeit in a bad taste) trolled the world insisting he wasn't injuried while skating with said injury(ies, actually. On numerous ocassions... Yuzuuu -,-'). And since he started to reverse the trend this season he also decided to troll everybody with worry only to actually participate and blow everybody's mind with the size of his kuyashii pile... and then look at us innocently and say 'pain? What pain? Oh, but it was almost two weeks ago!' I know he's not THAT mean, but hey, girl can hope, right? >.< I take anything if that means he's going to be happy and fine and ready for the great stage.

I'm good with this if that means he's fine. But knowing Yuzu, the last thing he would want is create unnecessary worry and stress to people who cares very much about him. I do really hope he is fine tho...