General Yuzuru Chat

51 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Here's Hope & Legacy at Worlds'17 with different camera angles... in this, you can clearly see at the end when he raises his hand and declares himself as number one. May we see this again at the Olympics.

Reveal hidden contents

I need this in HD please :sadPooh: his facial expression is captured more here... no I'm not watching his videos in a marathon to cope with the news today pfft not me :13877886: (totally lying)

What a sad news on Sunday morning :sadPooh:  I hope Yuzu will not go to Nats if he's still in pain or isn't fit enough. It's good that he can peak fast, but what worries me is the memory how long he couldn't get his jumps back last summer. So I hope he will be able to be back on ice as soon as possible *also I have Dice's injury flashbacks from his last Oly season wich is not helping*

It will be hard to compete at PC after such a long break but at least maybe there will be less pressure and we can only pray for the best.

26 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

You'll forgive me if we have different interpretations of what 'he knows his condition best' means. I don't see the 'obviously' about it being in regards to this instance, too, because that still reads like a statement about Yuzu as a person and his judgment of himself in general, not about what he has said in this particular instance. Other people can know better about his condition and his body, that's why he has trainers and physios and doctors. He knows best how he feels. His condition is what state he actually is in, of which level of pain is one indication. I don't think he's the best at judging when the pain/soreness/illness means he should stop and recover. It's the downside to how hardworking and focused on his goals he is, and it's why his team is very important. You can't be the best at something from just one instance. :shrug:

Again, Yuzu has excellent instincts and knowledge about his field of competitors and what he wants to achieve. In those things, he has often been right, over Brian. But that's not what I was talkng about here, I was talking about Brian's importance in him knowing when to stop and take a breather, when not to do something, how to pace himself while training and practicing, spotting what's going wrong and fixing it. Brian not being there was a factor in him getting hurt at NHK. It might not be the sole factor, but it was a factor. Brian knows how to rein him in when he needs to be, especially with the level of understanding they've had since the build-up to Helsinki. I didn't say it all depends on Brian, either. I said Brian knows how to rein him in when he needs to, like making him stop training for a week before ACI and convincing him to do an easier layout.

It might have been about Sochi, then? Because it's hard to believe they said anything of the sort about 2018.

Exactly what was meant. By saying he knows his condition, in the tweet, it was implying he knows how much pain he is in. And as I said, whether or not he follows this sign of his body telling him to stop is another matter. Knowing simply means he can tell. what he decides does not fall under it. And in this case, the tweet meant him knowing the pain stuff (his body) more than what JSF announced. so once again, just take the news lightly is what was implied in the tweet. Not anything about whether yuzu knows to not over train etc. (but he would definitely know in this case)

The 'obviously' part is because the tweet is about this situation, why would its content be about other situation? 

Brain was there in most of other times Yuzu got injured tho... And in Helsinki, I believed Brian said he left yuzu alone after the SP, in other words, Yuzu dealt with stuff himself (sorry if this was a false memory haha). And Brian's decision to water down in ACI, according to Yuzu and results, was not such a good decision after all. 

I believe it was last year tho but I can't rmb damn ^^;; 

Btw we're just having a simple peaceful exchange of opinions right... no offense or harm intended for like arguing... (like I'm afraid I come off as aggressive or something) :headdesk:

....Brian was the one who rein him in and not go all out for FS practice in Helsinki n to just trust his training, bc he tends to overdo it when he's frsutrated. he left him alone directly after his sp bc he needs to tend to javi, bc he was going to skate. not when yuzu was practicing. edit: anyway, sorry for being harsh but i dont like this insinuation that brian n tracy obviously favors javi etc etc. even when ppl probably dont mean it to be a bad thing. but im. tired. of this conversation happening, again, and again. and again. especially not now. im cranky.

Just now, yuzuuu said:

Exactly what was meant. By saying he knows his condition, in the tweet, it was implying he knows how much pain he is in. And as I said, whether or not he follows this sign of his body telling him to stop is another matter. Knowing simply means he can tell. what he decides does not fall under it. And in this case, the tweet meant him knowing the pain stuff (his body) more than what JSF announced. so once again, just take the news lightly is what was implied in the tweet. Not anything about whether yuzu knows to not over train etc. 

The 'obviously' part is because the tweet is about this situation, why would it's content be about other situation? 

Brain was there in most of other times Yuzu got injured tho... And in Helsinki, I believed Brian said he left yuzu alone after the SP, in other words, Yuzu dealt with stuff himself (sorry if this was a false memory haha). And Brian's decision for water down the ACI according to Yuzu and results, was not such a good decision after all. 

I believe it was last year tho but I can't rmb damn ^^;; 

Btw we're just having a simple peaceful exchange of opinions right... no offense or harm intended for like arguing... (like I'm afraid I come off as aggressive or something) :headdesk:

Ah, of course, it's just a discussion. About semantics, mostly lol. About Helsinki - isn't that where Yuzu trusted Brian's words about trusting his training, and not pushing himself too hard during practice, after that SP? That sounds like the kind of impact I hope Brian is having right now - trusting advice, being honest about how much pain he feels, listening to what his recovery plan should be according to that, instead of going after that 4Lz like a man on a mission and risking injury before he's healed and conditioned enough to do it. And the watered down layout might have resulted in pop-Seimei, but it also resulted in WR Chopin and more importantly, his knee didn't get worse. So that's a win in my book. Plus we got the angsty-longing-gold-medal-gaze, what would we do without that every season. (Could have done without it at CoR though. :/)

I was thinking about the level of understanding they have now. They had trouble obviously at first - like Yuzu's mad dash after the loop, which he got in the end. He was confident in his skating ability enough that he went for it despite Brian's misgivings. In cases like that, he does know best. But they have a much better understanding and relationship now, so it seems like he listens when told that the soreness means he needs rest even if it doesn't feel that bad right then. That's what I feared he might do in his desire to be back for JNats, that he would push himself too hard before his ankle was really ready for it. But he's listening, to his body and to his team, apparently, so that really is great improvement from him! Yuzu is great with long-term goals, bolder than Brian, and it works for him.

I'm thinking of condition as what his body is like... You know... Like when you wake up right as you get over the flu and you feel great finally, but the doctor will tell you to stay in bed one more day because you need that extra day no matter how fine you feel or you will get worse. I read 'he knows best' as more of a comment about what Yuzu is like. He's clearly the 'I can do it! I can still do it!' type who needs to be sat on firmly with a 'You can do it tomorrow' instruction from somebody he'll listen to, sometimes.

And if anybody at TCC really considers Javi a better Olympic hopeful than Yuzu, it must be because of the gold-on-costume superstition. :P

All I want for Xmas is a HEALTHY AND PAIN/INJURY FREE YUZURU HANYU! :sadPooh: 

If it's really impossible for him to do Nats or 4cc before Pyeongchang or any other local competition, maybe he can attend one of those simulations that TCC/Team Canada does?  I can't remember the exact details but there was once a simulation by TCC(?)/Team Canada before worlds I think where there were audiences.  No need to go out of Canada/near to training base.  The vibe is nowhere near from a real competition, but  the feel of performing with an audience might be a plus? :shrug: 

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, of course, it's just a discussion. About semantics, mostly lol. About Helsinki - isn't that where Yuzu trusted Brian's words about trusting his training, and not pushing himself too hard during practice, after that SP? That sounds like the kind of impact I hope Brian is having right now - trusting advice, being honest about how much pain he feels, listening to what his recovery plan should be according to that, instead of going after that 4Lz like a man on a mission and risking injury before he's healed and conditioned enough to do it. And the watered down layout might have resulted in pop-Seimei, but it also resulted in WR Chopin and more importantly, his knee didn't get worse. So that's a win in my book. Plus we got the angsty-longing-gold-medal-gaze, what would we do without that every season. (Could have done without it at CoR though. :/)

I was thinking about the level of understanding they have now. They had trouble obviously at first - like Yuzu's mad dash after the loop, which he got in the end. He was confident in his skating ability enough that he went for it despite Brian's misgivings. In cases like that, he does know best. But they have a much better understanding and relationship now, so it seems like he listens when told that the soreness means he needs rest even if it doesn't feel that bad right then. That's what I feared he might do in his desire to be back for JNats, that he would push himself too hard before his ankle was really ready for it. But he's listening, to his body and to his team, apparently, so that really is great improvement from him! Yuzu is great with long-term goals, bolder than Brian, and it works for him.

I'm thinking of condition as what his body is like... You know... Like when you wake up right as you get over the flu and you feel great finally, but the doctor will tell you to stay in bed one more day because you need that extra day no matter how fine you feel or you will get worse. I read 'he knows best' as more of a comment about what Yuzu is like. He's clearly the 'I can do it! I can still do it!' type who needs to be sat on firmly with a 'You can do it tomorrow' instruction from somebody he'll listen to, sometimes.

And if anybody at TCC really considers Javi a better Olympic hopeful than Yuzu, it must be because of the gold-on-costume superstition. :P

Haha that's not what the tweet implied at all. It was just a statement that would apply to everyone not just yuzu, as in that we all know our pain, feelings etc best. It's fascinating as always, to see individual differences in interpreting. Next time, there should be more clarity, I suppose.

About Helsinki, yes this was why I knew there might be a false memory there with the info mixed up haha. Thanks! @swanbeau

About ACI, I was more of meaning that Brian didn't understand Yuzu well enough to know that watering down is affecting his motivation, thereby affecting his performance. SP I believe was due to him having 4S as first jump before, hence it's like his body remembers it. 

edit: sorry forgot to address the Javi part. Haha maybe not that much thinking that Javi will be the one to win, but more of hoping and wanting him to win over others.

Daisuke Takahashi was injured before the pre-Sochi JP Nats and was still halfway to recovery when he competed at Nats, finishing 5th and worsening his injury. He went to Sochi still but his performance suffered because he didn't recover properly. The situation, of course, was different then considering the deep men's field in 2013 so he felt like he had to compete to be sent to Sochi. It's different now and Yuzu doesn't need Nationals to be chosen so he doesn't need to force himself to compete before he's ready. 

Kobayashi's words from the translation above kind of makes me think she's aware of that situation and probably doesn't want a repeat. It also seems they're waiting and willing to accommodate Yuzu's requests.