General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

But yuzu has already said he has not resumed on ice training because of pain. in other words, he's not ignoring it. So I'm just saying that overtraining is not possible now and he knows clearly not to. Practicing quads is not possible now too since he's not even on the ice. And him admitting means he knows his condition... i don't get why we're arguing about this lol. you yourself said yuzu knows his body best. I was just stating that.... Also, Yes yes I know what Brian can do but I meant that at TCC, it's not like at competition where he can just keep his attention of Yuzu throughout the whole practice. he has others to keep an eye on too at TCC. 

I disagreed with the part of the tweet that basically said Yuzu knows his own condition best? I disagreed because to me it didn't sound like it refers to this particular instance only, it sounds like more of a general statement? And as a general statement that is not entirely right, he pushes himself too much and too hard very often, that's why he got his knee inflammation before ACI, too? So he doesn't know his own condition best generally, because he pushes through pain a lot, and he is injured right now because he misjudged his own condition during NHK practice? In this particular instance right now, he is acknowledging pain and not overtraining, so that is great improvement from him, and long may that improvement last - that's pretty literally what I said? I didn't argue against that at all, so I don't know what you're doubling down on lol.

As for Brian and TCC - I'm not implying Brian would ignore other skaters for him. But he split Javi and Yuzu up so he can focus on each during their training as much as possible, so I'd say Yuzu will be observed very carefully as he gets back on ice.

didn't the interview at nhk say he needed 10 days complete rest, and then take 3-4 weeks to be back in form? That is a total of about 6-7 weeks, so this isn't that surprising.  We are just in the physio therapy and strength regain part of the schedule. Besides, again, the real jumps he needs to train are 4lz and 4 loop, both of which require him to be well to avoid reinjury.  He seems capable of doing the rest in even suboptimal conditions.

edit: you know, after not skating for 12 years, it only took me about 8 hours to get all my spins and jumps up to salchow back. Yuzu will  no doubt be faster in getting anything back, because his muscle memory has even more data. So I don't think him going to full recovery on ice, skills wise will take longer than 2 weeks, less than that if we do not count the 4lz.

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

edit: you know, after not skating for 12 years, it only took me about 8 hours to get all my spins and jumps up to salchow back. Yuzu will  no doubt be faster in getting anything back, because his muscle memory has even more data. So I don't think him going to full recovery on ice, skills wise will take longer than 2 weeks, less than that if we do not count the 4lz.

That's interesting. I never really skated, so had no idea how long it would take to get jumps back.

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Really? Is there somewhere I can read that interview? I'd be really interested in reading that! Or watching it, if it's a video.

Was this from 2014 oly? I also think that TCC generally assumes Yuzu will podium at all competitions, kind of an unspoken thing even among the public really. And after this gpf, the judges might really want Yuzu, Javi and Pchiddy back. 

27 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I disagreed with the part of the tweet that basically said Yuzu knows his own condition best? I disagreed because to me it didn't sound like it refers to this particular instance only, it sounds like more of a general statement? And as a general statement that is not entirely right, he pushes himself too much and too hard very often, that's why he got his knee inflammation before ACI, too? So he doesn't know his own condition best generally, because he pushes through pain a lot, and he is injured right now because he misjudged his own condition during NHK practice? In this particular instance right now, he is acknowledging pain and not overtraining, so that is great improvement from him, and long may that improvement last - that's pretty literally what I said? I didn't argue against that at all, so I don't know what you're doubling down on lol.

As for Brian and TCC - I'm not implying Brian would ignore other skaters for him. But he split Javi and Yuzu up so he can focus on each during their training as much as possible, so I'd say Yuzu will be observed very carefully as he gets back on ice.

umm, the tweet was with regards to this situation so obviously 'he knows his condition best' would mean for this situation in particular. But I also can't agree with you that it does not apply as a general statement. because, it's Yuzu's body, of course he would know himself the best. how can others know better than the actual person? Whether he listens to it or not, it's a different thing all over. 

But he doesn't only have Javi and Yuzu. And I'm not disagreeing with you that Brian attention is important, but that it does not all depend on him. like it's not a no Brian or die situation. Yuzu is a self-aware adult. and Brian had many times gave wrong suggestions where it turned out that Yuzu's decisions were the right ones. 

About the Javi thing, I can't remember where I saw it but I think it was a Javi's media, not Yuzu's. 

edit: it was something about how they are much closer with Javi because of the longer time spent and they wished more for him to win the Olympics than anyone else. 

25 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Here's Hope & Legacy at Worlds'17 with different camera angles... in this, you can clearly see at the end when he raises his hand and declares himself as number one. May we see this again at the Olympics.

Hide contents

I've been looking for a version where i can hear the crowd, in others they muffle the cheers

19 минут назад, kaerb сказал:

omg omg are you the talent behind wtf skating doodles?? o: 

Now, I know nothing about this person, unfortunately, except that there are some inscriptions in Russian, so, this is probably a Russian genius. I'm only a fan. I absolutely can't  draw. :sadPooh:

16 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Now, I know nothing about this person, unfortunately, except that there are some inscriptions in Russian, so, this is probably a Russian genius. I'm only a fan. I absolutely can't  draw. :sadPooh:

omg what a coincidence she/he/they(?) had a disney princess yuzu drawing though? (and not posted on her insta/tumblr as far as I can see -- where did you find it??) 

adore that account, how do they manage to capture the likenesses so well ; u ; 

I think if he indeed skips Nat, he might do 4CC, then the situation might be similar to WC15. He did ok at WC15 and then skate way better at WTT which was 2 weeks later. Kobayashi-san said she would keep in touch with him more often so we might hear more news next week, but the fact they released this news today could mean there's high chance for WD. Yuzuru never appear when he's still in the treatment, its hard to be cheerful and smile when you're not in good condition, so I'm fine with him being under radar. 

And tbh, if Yuzuru doesn't know his condition the best, then who knows? Fans ? media? Brian ? Its his body and he is the one who skate, of course he knows it. Whether he decide to listen to his body is another question

I hope we could all be calm and patient. I know its really difficult when all the things seem against him right now, but on the bright side, there's still 2 months until Olympic, not 2 weeks. I just want to see Yuzuru smile happily at Pyeongchang, at this point score and medal are the last things I care.

2 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

umm, the tweet was with regards to this situation so obviously 'he knows his condition best' would mean for this situation in particular. But I also can't agree with you that it does not apply as a general statement. because, it's Yuzu's body, of course he would know himself the best. how can others know better than the actual person? Whether he listens to it or not, it's a different thing all over. 

You'll forgive me if we have different interpretations of what 'he knows his condition best' means. I don't see the 'obviously' about it being in regards to this instance, too, because that still reads like a statement about Yuzu as a person and his judgment of himself in general, not about what he has said in this particular instance. Other people can know better about his condition and his body, that's why he has trainers and physios and doctors. He knows best how he feels. His condition is what state he actually is in, of which level of pain is one indication. I don't think he's the best at judging when the pain/soreness/illness means he should stop and recover. It's the downside to how hardworking and focused on his goals he is, and it's why his team is very important. You can't be the best at something from just one instance. :shrug:

But he doesn't only have Javi and Yuzu. And I'm not disagreeing with you that Brian attention is important, but that it does not all depend on him. like it's not a no Brian or die situation. Yuzu is a self-aware adult. and Brian had many times gave wrong suggestions where it turned out that Yuzu's decisions were the right ones.

Again, Yuzu has excellent instincts and knowledge about his field of competitors and what he wants to achieve. In those things, he has often been right, over Brian. But that's not what I was talkng about here, I was talking about Brian's importance in him knowing when to stop and take a breather, when not to do something, how to pace himself while training and practicing, spotting what's going wrong and fixing it. Brian not being there was a factor in him getting hurt at NHK. It might not be the sole factor, but it was a factor. Brian knows how to rein him in when he needs to be, especially with the level of understanding they've had since the build-up to Helsinki. I didn't say it all depends on Brian, either. I said Brian knows how to rein him in when he needs to, like making him stop training for a week before ACI and convincing him to do an easier layout.

About the Javi thing, I can't remember where I saw it but I think it was a Javi's media, not Yuzu's. 

It might have been about Sochi, then? Because it's hard to believe they said anything of the sort about 2018.