General Yuzuru Chat

24 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Prime Minister Pooh will carry out instructions to clear all pebbles on the planet. They will be sent to the paprika forest

SAM_0706.JPG

This is only the first step...They will be broken into much smaller pieces before Prime Minister Pooh will dump them into the paprika forest.

9 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Please skating gods, put us out of our misery...

We don't want him back before he's ready, we only want to see him even if it's a stamp sized pic...

Same...just an updated version of this :knc_yuzu2: will do too...

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Suddenly I have hope that TCC will do a short video of him saying thank you for all wishes, he's working hard and so on. Even if for no reason other than to counter the speculation after that press conference. They've kept a very tight lid on him so far. I somehow doubt this was part of the plan!

I'll be happy with just a super short "arigatou gozaimasu". I miss his voice, his smiles and his skates...:13877886:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

This. This is what worries me.

Condition-wise, Brian seemed optimistic on that he can get there in a short time.

But that means nothing if he isn't in a good mental condition. Four months without any competition must take its toll, and that's honestly what worries me the most... 

I don't know, if the toll it takes ends with something like ACI Chopin, I think it'll be pretty good. I know he popstarred Semei, but he will be in much better condition than he was there. He's got plenty of time to get his loop sorted, at least.

Besides, the Olympics is different. I think mentally, preparing for that kind of weight is just not possible by competing in more usual competitions. This is the one the whole world watches.

He might go for a competition of some sort, but even if he doesn't, I'm sure he can be focused enough to do what he needs to do.

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't know, if the toll it takes ends with something like ACI Chopin, I think it'll be pretty good. I know he popstarred Semei, but he will be in much better condition than he was there. He's got plenty of time to get his loop sorted, at least.

Besides, the Olympics is different. I think mentally, preparing for that kind of weight is just not possible by competing in more usual competitions. This is the one the whole world watches.

He might go for a competition of some sort, but even if he doesn't, I'm sure he can be focused enough to do what he needs to do.

I have a strong feeling that he might do a single competition before Olys, it could be Nats/4CC/some random local comps.. 

I have trust in TCC and Brian because they had the experience with Yuna. They might not be the same person but situation wise is currently 40% like yuna's.. we can only pray and hope for the best. 

Yuzu did make a WR in an 'ice show'. I feel like once he get used to jumping 4lo as the second jump in seimei and build a bit of muscle memory to 4lz, he'll be fine..

Things have improved a lot, in three weeks a month :slinkaway:, ten days of which was complete rest for this ankle. He still has pain, rehab and physio are always pain anyway. He's not pushing himself onto the ice and skating through pain.

Seriously. It's not bad news.

Being competition-ready for Nationals was not certain from the moment we heard of the injury. It's really cutting it close. If it's a risk, there's no point doing it. We have to trust that he is strong enough to do what he has to do at the Olympics, no matter what comes before that.

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

I have a strong feeling that he might do a single competition before Olys, it could be Nats/4CC/some random local comps.. 

I have trust in TCC and Brian because they had the experience with Yuna. They might not be the same person but situation wise is currently 40% like yuna's.. we can only pray and hope for the best. 

Yuzu did make a WR in an 'ice show'. I feel like once he get used to jumping 4lo as the second jump in seimei and build a bit of muscle memory to 4lz, he'll be fine..

Whoever got tickets to some local Senior competition might all be in for the treat of their lifetime. :laughing: 

Also to add, since i've cleared up my mind.. it's 8.30 am now,

I feel like this does good to his peaking. For me it's like it has been reset to the start. And he peaks fast so maybe due to the fact that he peaked off season it's hard for him to regain his momentum. In 2015, he was okay-ish in skate canada then did really great after that. Nhk and gpf was 2 weeks away and in 2017 4cc and worlds was also a few weeks away. Lol does this even make sense:laughing:

Anyways, my weather forecast tells me that it's gonna snow again today. I'll pray for him again

I'm a naturally pessimistic person but this time I'm forcing myself to be optimistic about his health and well being. He's someone who likes to overcome challenges and this might just be one of the biggest one in his career so far (and he's had a LOT /sob/). Whatever happens, he WILL compete at the Olympics and I will be here to support whatever his decisions are leading up to the games and during the competition itself. While I myself at this point don't care about the medals anymore and just want him to be healthy and happy, I know he wants that Gold so I will try not to think negative thoughts about his condition going to the Olympics and just focus on cheering him on and praying that he will be able to achieve what he set out to do. In the meantime I will be filling this Yuzu-shaped hole in my heart by watching NHK & Worlds H&L over and over again. :13877886:

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Things have improved a lot, in three weeks a month :slinkaway:, ten days of which was complete rest for this ankle. He still has pain, rehab and physio are always pain anyway. He's not pushing himself onto the ice and skating through pain.

Seriously. It's not bad news.

Being competition-ready for Nationals was not certain from the moment we heard of the injury. It's really cutting it close. If it's a risk, there's no point doing it. We have to trust that he is strong enough to do what he has to do at the Olympics, no matter what comes before that.

I totally agree. It might be good for him anyway to have a bit more rest and less competition-pressure after years of being expected to be the best.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

No! No he doesn't, he jumped a flippin' quad without adequate warm-up jumps when he had a damn fever!

Yes to all of the rest, of course.

well he learns from that. and by knowing his condition, it's more of right now, we can't know for sure how he's doing based on news, only he knows best (and his team)

I just did a tarot card reading about Nationals and lemme just said I'm more pessimistic abt him competing now (the superstitious me believe these stuff) maybe I misinterpret the meaning tho who knows :smiley-sad016:and the rain here only became harder, how fitting..

well he'll be there at olympics for sure, and as long as he recovered and training well again I'll just support and pray for him with all my might :hopelessness::fingerscrossed: If he can break WR at ACI without any prior competition, he can do it again at the olys..