General Yuzuru Chat

Realistically, we can't expect a proper update until right before Nationals - if he miraculously becomes competition ready - or until just before Olympics, or whatever competition he might to go so he can prepare. Any information we get is also information the competition gets. Why would his team release that? I was hoping for a post-birthday fluff video or something that does not mention skating other than in general terms, really. Just so we could see if he looks happy-ish.

Once he is back training as usual, we'll probably get one of those Yuzu-in-the-background posts from somebody at TCC, because I'm pretty sure all videos with Yuzu in the background are uploaded only with approval.

I just really want to get a glimpse of him somewhere. *sigh*

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

And yesterday I was going to post "ok, gp series is over, now will be getting the good part of this season"

Now i look back to my past self (that being me, yesterday) and think "sweet summer child..."

We are still too naive. When will we learn 

Oh, guys, when I saw 5+ pages since last night all my panic lights got on :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: ... and then the damn bad news  :unsure2:... skating gods, why, :smiley-sad021: this is not the kind of news I was waiting for ... not ice training yet, still with pain, poor baby, I hope he's not too depressed ... I'm happy that he is in Canada with Brian ... my breakfast mood is gone and I feel gloomy :smiley-sad016: ... if he's not going to Nats there's no chance for us to see him until Oly ... :59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s: Please, Yuzu, take care of yourself and get well soon ... 

I’m okay with no Nats. I just want a teeny tiny little update. Even just a photo with either a) kuyashiiless smile of reassurance or b) the most kuyashii murderface of all time to prepare us for the SEIMEIpocalypse that awaits us in February.

(My lovely summer evening walk is turning into an exercise in walking while typing and not bumping into things/dying :facepalm:)

And this is not like Satton. She got her fracture, then she got an ankle injury, and then again she got her right hip buggered a couple of months after she hurt her ankle, so that was part of the reason why it took so long for her. Hopefully Yuzu not being back on ice means his team is being very careful, to make sure that it doesn't become like that.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I’m okay with no Nats. I just want a teeny tiny little update. Even just a photo with either a) kuyashiiless smile of reassurance or b) the most kuyashii murderface of all time to prepare us for the SEIMEIpocalypse that awaits us in February.

(My lovely summer evening walk is turning into an exercise in walking while typing and not bumping into things/dying :facepalm:)

Please skating gods, put us out of our misery...

We don't want him back before he's ready, we only want to see him even if it's a stamp sized pic...

Just now, Hydroblade said:

Please skating gods, put us out of our misery...

We don't want him back before he's ready, we only want to see him even if it's a stamp sized pic...

Suddenly I have hope that TCC will do a short video of him saying thank you for all wishes, he's working hard and so on. Even if for no reason other than to counter the speculation after that press conference. They've kept a very tight lid on him so far. I somehow doubt this was part of the plan!

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Suddenly I have hope that TCC will do a short video of him saying thank you for all wishes, he's working hard and so on. Even if for no reason other than to counter the speculation after that press conference. They've kept a very tight lid on him so far. I somehow doubt this was part of the plan!

I feel like a jerk begging for news when he asked to be left alone during recovery. Sorry, not that strong!

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I will take an artistic rendering of his current likeness in the form of a single pixel.

Or a self portrait drawn on a steamed window

If they want to treat our um... Other side, they could always show him training off ice... 

[I'll be in my corner]

I'm trying to be positive about the prospect of him potentially not going to Nationals since of course, it is better that he is cautious and allows his ankle to heal completely, and he needs to be in top condition for February. At the end of the day, the Olympics is the most important thing and that's what he needs to aim for. But I feel sick. It means he'd be going to Pyeongchang with no competition since Rostelecom. It's impossible to know how that will affect his mentality going into the Olympics and how it would ultimately affect his performances even if he's in great physical condition. Would it increase the pressure and stress on him making him more anxious and more liable to make errors, or would the media focus and hype being largely on Nathan and Shoma fire him up and have him in a good competitive mentality where all the conditions line up for him? idk it makes me really anxious. He seems to perform well when he's in a position to chase and prove himself but idk i'm worried.

I hope if he cannot attend nationals his team consider 4CC even if it is close to Olympics. There's no other competition between nationals and Pyeongchang he can really attend and the idea of Pyeongchang being his comeback honestly makes me feel sick.

If the last update was 4 days ago maybe within the next few days they'll decide he is fit to return to the ice but any later than Wednesday then he's left with less than a week of on-ice training before nationals and is unlikely to be fit to compete - particularly since he seems to be doing the right thing and not pushing himself to avoid creating any problem he's having to deal with 2  months from now.

:13877886:

I have a lot of concerns. I've been being fairly optimistic about his prospects for getting that second OGM but this has really deflated my hopes. The judges are already not particularly generous towards him and will be expecting a weaker performance from him when he comes out of injury so will probably hold back on scores to a degree and if he waters down his content they might be even stingier. ugh I'm very anxious right now. I want him to do his best at Pyeongchang and have performances he can be proud of. I don't want him to be robbed at Olympics the way Yuna was, I don't want him to have rough skates at the Olympics and be disappointed. :'( This is such an unfortunate situation because he WAS being careful, he WAS being cautious and attentive of his health, he was focusing on making sure his physical condition was good and doing everything he needed to do but one freak accident could potentially tank everything he's been working towards. I'm trying REALLY HARD to not indulge in pessimism but this is really awful news.

3 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

It means he'd be going to Pyeongchang with no competition since Rostelecom. It's impossible to know how that will affect his mentality going into the Olympics and how it would ultimately affect his performances even if he's in great physical condition

This. This is what worries me.

Condition-wise, Brian seemed optimistic on that he can get there in a short time.

But that means nothing if he isn't in a good mental condition. Four months without any competition must take its toll, and that's honestly what worries me the most...