General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

It's not such bad news. It's felt like forever but it's only been about three weeks since the injury! He's healed enough to be training, that's good news. I'm glad he's not skating through pain. But if it comes down to it, we can be perfectly confident that he will skate through all the pain in hell if he had to at the Olympics. And if he needed the Nationals to get to the Olympics, he would do that, too.

We should be really really glad that he doesn't have to.

Yeah, you're right. Looking at it from a new perspective, it's not so bad. 

11 hours ago, getsurenka said:

Just out of curiosity, does Yuzu have a title from figure skating fans in general? Like I have seen skaters being referred to as King (Plushenko, Takahashi (in Japan))... Queen (Yuna)... Tiny Queen (Satoko)... but does Yuzu have one? I haven't commonly heard him being referred to as something else other than Mushroom, Yuzu, Zuzu etc., which are more like affectionate nicknames.

If he doesn't have one, Yuzu needs to have something intimidating. Zuzu is not scary enough lol. (Granted, all he needs is his glare)

there's no stable one I guess, prince, alien, absolute champion :shrug: Ashley and Madi refer to him as King Yuzu in an instagram story during WTT

and I just saw the news :13877886: I expected this so I'm not surprised, but I'm still hopeful of seeing him at JNats... but it seems hard now? 12 days from now is 22nd already (day of short program) I know Brian said your body will remember the training before but after this long off ice, will he let Yuzu compete? :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  just hope he's not pushing himself out of kuyashiiness of unable to practice on ice...

10 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

It's not such bad news. It's felt like forever but it's only been about three weeks since the injury! He's healed enough to be training, that's good news. I'm glad he's not skating through pain. But if it comes down to it, we can be perfectly confident that he will skate through all the pain in hell if he had to at the Olympics. And if he needed the Nationals to get to the Olympics, he would do that, too.

We should be really really glad that he doesn't have to.

You're right.

I once sprained my ankle so bad. And it took me a month until it was completely healed .. So, I'm not surprised by this news. I just hope he gets ready for Olympic next year. 

An article from Spo-nichi
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2017/12/10/kiji/20171210s00079000247000c.html

Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF gave a press conference today at Nippongaishi Sports Plaza, where GPF Nagoya has been held. In the press conference, Kobayashi explained the current status of Yuzuru Hanyu, reading a LINE message she received from Hanyu who is in Canada.

Comment from Hanyu:
“My condition has gotten much better, but I still have pain, so I haven’t resume on-ice training. I’m trying to do my best in taking treatments and doing rehabilitation.”

Men’s SP of Japanese nationals will start on 22nd. There are less than 2 weeks until then. As for whether he will compete in it or not, Kobayashi explained like this; “I think he is trying to do his best on treatment and rehabilitation in order to compete in nationals. I would be glad if he would, but we are not sure how it would affect afterward. We have 2 more weeks, so I would like to stay in close contact with him to communicate well with him. I can’t be the one to tell you (t/n: or “tell him”) about what to do with nationals.”

*She received the message from Yuzu on 8th(JST)
 Source: http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20171210-OHT1T50116.html

Hope he'll get better. Hope he's staying strong, not deppressed...:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

ETA: Revised the last part (comment from Kobayashi) according to another article released at 2017/12/10 19:28 (JST)

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171210-00000098-dal-spo

1 minute ago, sweetwater said:

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2017/12/10/kiji/20171210s00079000247000c.html

Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF gave a press conference today at Nippongaishi Sports Plaza, where GPF Nagoya has been held. In the press conference Kobayashi explained the current status of Yuzuru Hanyu, reading a LINE message she received from Hanyu who is in Canada.

Comment from Hanyu:

“My condition has gotten much better, but I still have pain, so I haven’t resume on-ice training. I’m trying to do my best in taking treatments and doing rehabilitation.”

Men’s SP of Japanese nationals will start on 22th. There are less than 2 weeks until then. As for whether he will compete in it or not, Kobayashi explained like this; “I think he is trying to do his best on treatment and rehabilitation in order to compete in nationals. I would be glad if he would, but we are not sure how it would affect afterwards. We have 2 more weeks, so I would like to stay in close contact with him to communicate well with him. I can’t be the one to tell you (t/n: or “tell him”) about what to do with nationals.”

I’ll add the source later

:shrug: He's finally listening, then. Good. Now we can at least be fairly confident JSF won't push him to compete at Nationals. They might have if things had gone differently at Nagoya. The only true goal for him this season is the Olympics. Everything else is preparation for that.

6 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF gave a press conference today at Nippongaishi Sports Plaza, where GPF Nagoya has been held. In the press conference Kobayashi explained the current status of Yuzuru Hanyu, reading a LINE message she received from Hanyu who is in Canada.

Comment from Hanyu:

Men’s SP of Japanese nationals will start on 22th. There are less than 2 weeks until then. As for whether he will compete in it or not, Kobayashi explained like this; “I think he is trying to do his best on treatment and rehabilitation in order to compete in nationals. I would be glad if he would, but we are not sure how it would affect afterwards. We have 2 more weeks, so I would like to stay in close contact with him to communicate well with him. I can’t be the one to tell you (t/n: or “tell him”) about what to do with nationals.”

I’ll add the source later

how fitting it is that it's raining here :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: like my heart

14 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF gave a press conference today at Nippongaishi Sports Plaza, where GPF Nagoya has been held. In the press conference, Kobayashi explained the current status of Yuzuru Hanyu, reading a LINE message she received from Hanyu who is in Canada.

Comment from Hanyu:

Men’s SP of Japanese nationals will start on 22nd. There are less than 2 weeks until then. As for whether he will compete in it or not, Kobayashi explained like this; “I think he is trying to do his best on treatment and rehabilitation in order to compete in nationals. I would be glad if he would, but we are not sure how it would affect afterward. We have 2 more weeks, so I would like to stay in close contact with him to communicate well with him. I can’t be the one to tell you (t/n: or “tell him”) about what to do with nationals.”

Source: http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20171210-OHT1T50116.html

Hope he'll get better. Hope he's staying strong, not deppressed...:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

He communicates through LINE.. 

:space:

To be honest, right now, I'd rather he doesn't go to Nationals, and instead gets himself an off-season in the middle of the season, to get his August perfection back by February. Yes, lack of in-competition practice could be an issue, but if he manages to go laser-sharp in concentration, that shouldn't matter so much. Of course, that's a big if. But it could be something else to work on until he get back to ice training. Also, in a way, I'd rather he remained a wild card until the Olympics and took his time preparing, both physically and mentally. If he doesn't go to Nationals, nobody will know what to expect and I think that'd be good in terms of pressure and expectations, especially if Nathan and Shoma do well in Nationals.