General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think the timing of that interview is because Shoma didn't win GPF. They put a reminder out there about who the World champion is, and that he's on track for the Olympics. And possibly nationals, though I hope he does not compete if he's not in good enough condition yet. I said a while back that if Nathan beats Shoma at the GPF, we might see the JSF suddenly talking about Yuzu a bit more.

We wanted news, we've got some. It's not as good as we wanted, but he is training and he's not going to be training on ice until he is healed. That's good.

I hope you're right. :consoling2:  *I'm the one being consoled.*

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

Well when you look at it in this perspective... now would jsf tweeked something from an original statement? For certain purposes.. ??

Well... they're not exactly allowed to misquote him, if they did, purposefully, it would be real sh1tty of them too. But there is of course the high chance the quote is only a partial statement

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

Well when you look at it in this perspective... now would jsf tweeked something from an original statement? For certain purposes.. ??

If the news report says the JSF official spoke to him two days ago, and the interview with the JSF official happened yesterday or today, then we should probably take that at face value. But this would be the kind of update that they don't generally release to the media. Before he put himself on the list for Nationals, too, I'm sure they got an update on his condition. They never said anything about it until now - when it looks like Yuzu is, after all, their best hope for a medal at the Olympics.

Skating federations. *shakes fists at them ineffectually*

3 minutes ago, Anony said:

Well... they're not exactly allowed to misquote him, if they did, purposefully, it would be real sh1tty of them too. But there is of course the high chance the quote is only a partial statement

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

If the news report says the JSF official spoke to him two days ago, and the interview with the JSF official happened yesterday or today, then we should probably take that at face value. But this would be the kind of update that they don't generally release to the media. Before he put himself on the list for Nationals, too, I'm sure they got an update on his condition. They never said anything about it until now - when it looks like Yuzu is, after all, their best hope for a medal at the Olympics.

Skating federations. *shakes fists at them ineffectually*

I think i lost my positivity, i can't come up with something at the moment.. let me cry in the corner and think about this

Not the news I want to hear but I'm not surprised at all. Probably in the past month I have never expected him to resume training after 10 days of rest because I know it's clearly not a minor injury. Idk despite this news I somehow have feeling that he will still compete at Nats. But I just remembered I had the same feeling convincing me that he would compete at NHK but in reality he withdrew so I don't trust my senses anymore :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

I'm a very sad Pooh, i really hoped he would feel better by now...

I'm sure he is feeling better. And he's not skating through pain, returning to ice too early and ruining his chances at the Olympics. They're being careful and he's healing and better, that's all good. He's not Wolverine-healing to be jumping quads again already, that's fine, isn't it? We want him for the Nationals, but the big prize is the Olympics. He's got plenty of time to heal and train for that. And he set the only WR of the season from the men in his first competition back, that too after an injury and time off the ice, so worst case scenario, he'll leave the lutz alone and skate with the loop, sal and toeloop. That's fine, you saw the successful quad list that @fireovertheice posted. The odds of any of them suddenly pulling off a 6/7 quad free are so low. None of them are consistent enough to do that. If he can land three excellent ones and two 3As in his free, without losing any combos, I'd bet my kidney that it would be enough to win. And he will go for four no matter what, anyway. If not five.

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

My panic level is slowly rising.

not so much optimism, but pragmatism. 

Realistically, the jumps Yuzu needs to practice are the 4Lutz and 4loop, both of which are taxing on the right foot and ankle. So if there is pain, it is better he does not push himself to avoid reinjury. The pain itself might not be that bad, possibly pain that normally he would push through. But given what is at stake this season, and what his practice will focus on, it is better for him to be cautious. 

Though Brian might need to reign him in once he is fully healed. That Kuyashii level might be super saiyan level now.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

not so much optimism, but pragmatism. 

Realistically, the jumps Yuzu needs to practice are the 4Lutz and 4loop, both of which are taxing on the right foot and ankle. So if there is pain, it is better he does not push himself to avoid reinjury. The pain itself might not be that bad, possibly pain that normally he would push through. But given what is at stake this season, and what his practice will focus on, it is better for him to be cautious. 

Though Brian might need to reign him in once he is fully healed. That Kuyashii level might be super saiyan level now.

This made me feel a bit better :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

It's not such bad news. It's felt like forever but it's only been about three weeks since the injury! He's healed enough to be training, that's good news. I'm glad he's not skating through pain. But if it comes down to it, we can be perfectly confident that he will skate through all the pain in hell if he had to at the Olympics. And if he needed the Nationals to get to the Olympics, he would do that, too.

We should be really really glad that he doesn't have to.

Just now, WinForPooh said:

It's not such bad news. It's felt like forever but it's only been about three weeks since the injury! He's healed enough to be training, that's good news. I'm glad he's not skating through pain. But if it comes down to it, we can be perfectly confident that he will skate through all the pain in hell if he had to at the Olympics. And if he needed the Nationals to get to the Olympics, he would do that, too.

We should be really really glad that he doesn't have to.

Good point. And at least this particular injury doesn't require surgery! I hope he doesn't feel too kuyashii if he has to skip Nationals.