General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Also: Somewhere, I thought Yuzu also said something which sparked Japan's "Absolute Champion" or other?

LOL he literally referred to himself as the absolute champion in the sense that 'this is who I want to become/need to become'. He has also said 'as an absolute champion, I...' but always in the context of 'this is what I need to do better' [in order to live up to the name]'. Japan just took it and rolled with it like 'WELL THIS IS WHO YOU ARE NOW, WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT' :laughing:

In Japan, he's often referred to as 'Japan's Ace' (which is standard for any person 'leading' their field/discipline) but I don't think there's as established a title for him in Western media as eg. 'Queen' for Yuna. I've heard rockstar/legend a lot but that's from listening mostly to CBC, B Esp and NBC.

Side note: I've always thought of GOAT as more of an implicit unspoken understanding (that 'invisible aura', perhaps) amongst the community such that if you actually said 'who's the GOAT?', people would reply - more or less - with the same name(s), regardless of their personal preference, which is why someone achieving true 'GOAT' status is so rare. Coming from tennis, it's often fiercely debated (Rafa vs Roger fans) but I think the only time we'll see the title actually being raised is after a mind-boggling result or once retirement starts becoming an actual reality

On 12/8/2017 at 7:48 AM, Hydroblade said:

Or playing games?

Listening to Seimei on repeat with the headphones that are the closest to the sound quality of the Gangneung Ice Arena?

Eating tomato rice?

Glaring at paprika for existing?

Snuggled up between his Poohs and watching the GPF?

Baby Zu might find gold yuzurumarukun from my Tweet. Just thinking about that made me crazy. FYI gold yuzumarukun are all gone on the third day:satellite:.was going to buy one home :sadPooh:maybe it is my fault.

Update: spread our swans in Seimei Shrine and Goo Shrine. Met great fans as well. Half of the swans are in Sendai now. #swaninvasion

lost my transportation card :facepalm: at the end I went to seimei Shrine twice, goo Shrine twice, shiramine Shrine three times yesterday (in order to find card) lol went to police office too hahahahaha fun trip and I miss Zuzu so much.

12 minutes ago, katonice said:

:(:(:(:( 

This says Yuzu's still not practicing on ice because there's still some pain. 

Looking into the bright side

A) this means he's taking care of himself

B) the article is specific abt him not doing on-ice training, so likely he's still doing off-ice stuff so if nothing else he's not loosing too much muscle mass.

C) more kuyashi to fuel him with