General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Can you imagine this:

Commentator: And last up is... Yuzuru Hanyu.... the space kitten, the swan, the ice fairy, space pooh, the living national treasure, the GOAT!!!!

Audience: ??? kitty? swan? pooh? national treasure? goat? Are we in a zoo?

Oh, I just remembered another iconic one: the Alien!

wait i didn't know the goat!!

I have heard Simon Reed of British Eurosport referring to him as "The Prince" before the Sochi Olympic gold medal and as "The King" afterwards. Kurt Browning of CBC has always referred to Yuzu as a "Rock Star", even before the Sochi gold medal. I think of Yuzu as a YOLO Alien in the guise of a Space Kitty.

I think 'Rock star' and 'the Alien' don't make him justice, really. 'Alien' would be more suited to Nathan Chen, who can land (or wants to land) all those quads in a row, and gives a good show. 'Rock star', yes, he is one, but the reasons for that are legit and specific. It's his skating ability. I think these are superficial 'titles' that actually annoy me more than not. 

The 'Legend' of figure skating might be the most used among skaters and FS experts, and it is quite fitting. Also, at CoR, his amazing swan performance renowed his title of GOAT for some (Italian esp.). (Who also can't wait for him to land 4A)