General Yuzuru Chat

50 minutes ago, Sammie said:

My body is ready. :smiley-whacky034:

Mine's not.

Good thing I have busy week ahead of me, then the week in which I need to get to airport without getting lost (pray for miracle...), and then I'll be back home, which means I will be freaking my family out by getting up at six or so to watch th stream then help with preparations for the Christmas (depending on Yuzu and the rest state at Nats, I'll be a zombie or a floating ball of fluff...)

18 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Mine's not.

Good thing I have busy week ahead of me, then the week in which I need to get to airport without getting lost (pray for miracle...), and then I'll be back home, which means I will be freaking my family out by getting up at six or so to watch th stream then help with preparations for the Christmas (depending on Yuzu and the rest state at Nats, I'll be a zombie or a floating ball of fluff...)

I think my desire to see him skate or just him overcome my nervousness or anxiety. I just miss him. :laughing:

Good luck on your way to the airport. :cheer:

19 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Aww Mitsuki is so cute and shy :laughing: typical japanese male! and I can't with Alexei and his smug face, I got annoyed every time he make that face :rofl:made me remember a comment from someone in the JGPF threat that says he looks like a stereotypical jerk (comment about him roaring like a tiger after his FS contrast to Yuzu's kitty like roar after Boston SP) :smiley-laughing021: sorry Alexei lol I don't mean that  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Be ready because he's coming. And i bet he's burning. :dpooh:

Wow this fanart is amazing! <3

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

So.. time to prepare for Nationals.. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I don't know whether I'm ready for this or not but very eager to see him back on the ice again :13877886: And I got reminded that I don't know whether I could watch the free skate live or not because I'll be out of town with the family celebrating Christmas :dry:  hopefully the net is good enough so I can stream on my phone :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:

16 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

Aww Mitsuki is so cute and shy :laughing: typical japanese male! and I can't with Alexei and his smug face, I got annoyed every time he make that face :rofl:made me remember a comment from someone in the JGPF threat that says he looks like a stereotypical jerk (comment about him roaring like a tiger after his FS contrast to Yuzu's kitty like roar after Boston SP) 

I forgave him for the smug look cus he named Yuzu (and Nathen) as skaters he look up too.  :biggrin:

2 時間前, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

Be ready because he's coming. And i bet he's burning. :dpooh:

That sounds like a warning for an incoming big-ass hurricane or something, lol. Hope he doesn't end up burning a trail and melting the ice. Cos that'd just leave him and others with nothing but slush and turn the whole thing into a swimming contest.

20 時間前, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

The way he talks reminds me of the way Hanyu talks in press conferences sometimes, at times when he's putting in extra thought into his answer and slowly weighs his words. I mean, not the content, but the tone and manner.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:15 AM, WinForPooh said:

Nathan's quads were UR in the short. Shoma's quads all looked UR in the free. Nathan had some iffy rotations in the free, too. Mikhail splatted but he looked like he rotated.

I remarked in an earlier post that Mikhail was a potential spoiler.  He is obviously the best of the current generation of Russian men.  More importantly, if you look at his performance, he's strong on the PCS also.  I don't particularly care about the music he's using for his FS, since he really doesn't come off as an Elvis sort, but perhaps that's because I'm American and old enough to remember the first time Elvis appeared on the Ed Sullivan show and remembers what Elvis, particularly in his rock-and-roll years (before he became a Vegas headliner) was.  What is important, though, is that Mikhail does not seem to be infatuated with quads, as Boyang and Nathan are.   He seems to be going for a program that has unity and totality instead of a number of quads strung together with some merely adequate moves between jumps.  Shoma is following that same strategy so that at this point I feel Mihail and Shoma are pretty much in the same league.  Mikhail, however, does not have Shoma's charisma, and no skater has the charisma that Yuzu has.  As Kurt Browning remarked, Yuzu is the only skater who can stand on the ice doing absolutely nothing and have the audience totally in his grasp.  Right now I think Mikhail has a valid chance to beat Yuzu if Yuzu makes enough mistakes, which we all know Yuzu is capable of doing.  On the other hand Yuzu, when he's on top of his blades, leaves everybody else behind, oftentimes way behind.  We are thus looking at PC with Shoma, Nathan, Boyang and Mikhail as the major contenders for gold against Yuzu.  Patrick and Javi are in the hunt, also, but I think their fates rest more on the first four and Yuzu making mistakes and they not making any.  So nationals are next up and perhaps Yuzu will be there (a question which is running rampant in this thread right now).  He hasn't said he's not going to be there and I imagine there is a deadline for entries to be made (does anyone know when that is?).  If Yuzu is there, then I think the competition organizers better have a whole battalion of flower girls and boys ready, or a Zamboni with a blade, because all those Yuzu fans, deprived of their hero through much of the season thus far, are going to bury the ice under a sheer mega-avalanche of Pooh toys.