General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I don't get it. Has this been updated? Just wondering why Nathan Chen isn't first, having made a Gold medal sweep currently this season (something I wished for Hanyu).

So world standings they give you scores base on your SB for each season? How does this work?

I see Nathan Chen having an '800' as 2017/2018 GPF gold, so it's been updated, yes. I don't think GP series counts that much for world standings. Nathan has been off podium in Worlds 2017. 

30 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I don't get it. Has this been updated? Just wondering why Nathan Chen isn't first, having made a Gold medal sweep currently this season (something I wished for Hanyu).

So world standings they give you scores base on your SB for each season? How does this work?

12 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I have no clue how World standing work :laughing:. Maybe someone will enlighten us. 

:pouty:

This is a post @xeyra had posted back in November explaining how world standing is calculated. 

38 минут назад, SydneyH сказал:

because if you look closely the world ranking is based on the current season and the two before 

27 минут назад, getsurenka сказал:

This is a post @xeyra had posted back in November explaining how world standing is calculated. 

:bow:

So, we can celebrate that Yuzu is the first because he is the most stable "uncle"? :smiley-laughing021:

I don't care, really, I'm just happy :biggrin:

Just now, Forcefield said:

Thanks. And belated for Xeyra.

Not that world standings matter but :PurpleBanana:

If it worked similarly during Sochi I'm awed Hanyu got top ranking too.

World Standings matter for only two things: SP draw/group order (the higher the rank the later the group you skate in) and bragging rights, I guess?

2 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

:bow:

So, we can celebrate that Yuzu is the first because he is the most stable "uncle"? :smiley-laughing021:

I don't care, really, I'm just happy :biggrin:

And he's competed steadily the past 3 years so he has great points from all seasons.

Nathan's WS isn't higher because he missed out on half a season post-nationals in 2016 due to injury. However, he has now surpassed Patrick Chan in WS so this means PChiddy won't be making the last group in the SP at Olys unless Mikhail doesn't go.

12 minutes ago, xeyra said:

World Standings matter for only two things: SP draw/group order (the higher the rank the later the group you skate in) and bragging rights, I guess?

Also, in case of Japan, I do believe it is one of the criteria that decides who gets to go to Worlds/Olympics. First spot goes to the National champion, but the other one, or two, have these additional considerations. 

45 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I see Nathan Chen having an '800' as 2017/2018 GPF gold, so it's been updated, yes. I don't think GP series counts that much for world standings. Nathan has been off podium in Worlds 2017. 

Didn't Yuzu jump to ranking no. 1 before Sochi? Makes it even more :PurpleBanana: that he did it because he didn't make the podium of the previous season's Worlds either. But Nathan probably just needs one more senior season to jump even higher.

Whatever. Its still a party. :smiley-happy085:

12 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'll take it. And the bragging rights too. :darklordyuzu:

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Nathan's WS isn't higher because he missed out on half a season post-nationals in 2016 due to injury. However, he has now surpassed Patrick Chan in WS so this means PChiddy won't be making the last group in the SP at Olys unless Mikhail doesn't go.

Is starting order for Olys same with GP?

I remember during Sochi, Yuzu (even with #1 WS) was not in last group. He was in 4th group (out of 5), same group with PChan and Javi. 

1 hour ago, Anya said:

Is starting order for Olys same with GP?

No. Top 6 in WS will do random draw for final group. 

I need to check how the skating order work back in Sochi, I dont think its random draw for all 5 groups, may be top 12 in WS divide into 2 last group ? 

34 minutes ago, Katt said:

No. Top 6 in WS will do random draw for final group. 

I need to check how the skating order work back in Sochi, I dont think its random draw for all 5 groups, may be top 12 in WS divide into 2 last group ? 

Yeah, I think that was likely the case back in Sochi, random draw for the top 12 for the last 2 groups (Group 4 and 5), because I remember from Japanese fluff  for the SP draw, Yuzu was in 4th group while Tatsuki and Daisuke was in 5th group.

On 03/12/2017 at 1:17 PM, Xen said:

That was the other one I suspected...but he seems more extroverted than the ones in my family (and an ex). I almost guess INTJ, but his hyperness doesn't remind me of INTJs I know. 

Question-in Japanese is it お誕生日おめでとうございます? Because I didn't think you ended it with Gozaimasu. 

Icons- do we have a swan icon yet?  Are we going to open this map to be added by people outside of this forum? 

Late to the convo, but I'm an INTJ and quite a lot of my closer friends are INTJ. Nope, he is far from an INTJ? The 'feel' (idk how to explain it, but intjs attract each other somehow) isn't there. We also sometimes face an issue of being accused as heartless cos others can't understand our perspective.