General Yuzuru Chat

Tbh, imo the big thing abt GPF'17 is pressure.

Usually Yuzuru and his GPF streak absorb the pressure from everyone else, but without Yuzuru there, everyone has to take on that pressure and hype head on, instead of having someone to take the impact for them.... truly Yuzuru "nerves of steel" Hanyu :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

13 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I just pulled up the results of the GPF.  Nathan Chen won, but Shoma was ever so close, being just .50 behind Chen.  The intriguing thing is that their scores were much less than Yuzu at his best, at his second best, at his third best, etc.  Just 286 points.  If that's the best they can do in what is arguably the most important competition before the Olympics, Yuzu has some comfort.  I will admit that their scores may have been lower because they were skating against the second-tier bunch.  Had Yuzu and Boyang been there the challenge would have been greater and they might have been inspired to do better.  I think, though, this indicates to Yuzu that nobody is skating right now to the degree that will be necessary if Yuzu is skating at the top of his form come PC.

And tech panel at GPF this time was super easy... MANY UR were ignored...

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

And tech panel at GPF this time was super easy... MANY UR were ignored...

Even worse they weren't even cheeky about it, those URs were obvious as day, sleep deprived me could have called those no review needed...

39 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

I’ve been on a men’s skating freeze out since NHK (didn’t have the heart to watch without Yuzu in the mix, but have been tracking scores, sadly I never made it through Cup of China for men) so I can’t comment on any of the recent skating by the men on the GP, but I remembered thinking this morning that Yuzu (and to an extent Javi and Patrick) help bring a different level of excellence out of a competition. Whatever that driving force is I felt it has been missing since he withdrew from NHK and I expect it to return when he’s back in competition. 

13 minutes ago, kiches said:

I’ve been on a men’s skating freeze out since NHK (didn’t have the heart to watch without Yuzu in the mix, but have been tracking scores, sadly I never made it through Cup of China for men) so I can’t comment on any of the recent skating by the men on the GP, but I remembered thinking this morning that Yuzu (and to an extent Javi and Patrick) help bring a different level of excellence out of a competition. Whatever that driving force is I felt it has been missing since he withdrew from NHK and I expect it to return when he’s back in competition. 

This is my story. I keep track of what's going on but my heart's not in it.

I also think that Yuzu, Javi, and Patrick brings some sort of - idk what to call it - xfactor or mature encompassing charisma to the top men's skating that is sorely missed. Some people are still arguing that they are has beens and a few may want to see the era of the young guns now, but their skating I think will be sorely missed once that era hits. They don't really know what they're missing until it's gone and won't come back.

OT: Will it be possible if Yuzu might be heading to JPN nats a week early? So maybe then we might hear news as early as next week?

1 hour ago, Anony said:

Tbh, imo the big thing abt GPF'17 is pressure.

Usually Yuzuru and his GPF streak absorb the pressure from everyone else, but without Yuzuru there, everyone has to take on that pressure and hype head on, instead of having someone to take the impact for them.... truly Yuzuru "nerves of steel" Hanyu :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Yuzuru "nerves of steel" Hanyu:rofl: accurate

13 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

This is my story. I keep track of what's going on but my heart's not in it.

I also think that Yuzu, Javi, and Patrick brings some sort of - idk what to call it - xfactor or mature encompassing charisma to the top men's skating that is sorely missed. Some people are still arguing that they are has beens and a few may want to see the era of the young guns now, but their skating I think will be sorely missed once that era hits. They don't really know what they're missing until it's gone and won't come back.

OT: Will it be possible if Yuzu might be heading to JPN nats a week early? So maybe then we might hear news as early as next week?

I think part of it when you have high level competitors the whole level of competition is raised. With 3 of 6 top men out of the final this year that level of competitiveness didn’t really develop (yet). 

I think some people will moan that it’s because men are increasing their difficulty and more prone to errors, that may be true in part, but I don’t think it was the only factor. Last season top men increased their difficulty as well but we saw a gradual progression of improvement. That’s been sorely lacking in the GP so far.