General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

So, two weeks until JNat and not one single word abt Yuzu anywhere  ... I'm getting nervous already ... no news means good news ?  :waffle:

:dpooh:

Let's just think of it as good news :xD:

15 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm hoping they've already confirmed his attendance seeing as his face is all over those train ads. Why won't they tell us? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

well his name is inside the list of participants released after Japan Junior Nationals (like a week ago?) with updated names from the junior medalists.. so at this point, we'll assume he'll go :P

ETA: I became Poohpalooza! :smiley-happy085::POOH:

Will he compete at nationals, or will he skip it?  His Olympic perch is secure.  He doesn't need nationals, not when he's currently the Olympic Champion, the World Champion and a four times Grand Prix Champion.  Shoma also is guaranteed.  The competition at nationals will be to see who's the third Japanese.  My thinking is that for him nationals will be an opportunity to see how he matches up against Shoma and also to get him back into a competitive mindset.   If he's not healed completely and not back to 100% he'll stay out.  But if he's fully recovered, then he'll go.  Remember, he's got the images of that twelve-year old's quads to put the fear of God into him.

Yuzuru our lord and saviour, please come save us. Please grace us with your presence please, we need you. No I'm not joking did you not watch GPF?? We actually need you, please s av e u s. I know we don't deserve you but we desperately need saving, pls saveeee uuuusssssss

I just pulled up the results of the GPF.  Nathan Chen won, but Shoma was ever so close, being just .50 behind Chen.  The intriguing thing is that their scores were much less than Yuzu at his best, at his second best, at his third best, etc.  Just 286 points.  If that's the best they can do in what is arguably the most important competition before the Olympics, Yuzu has some comfort.  I will admit that their scores may have been lower because they were skating against the second-tier bunch.  Had Yuzu and Boyang been there the challenge would have been greater and they might have been inspired to do better.  I think, though, this indicates to Yuzu that nobody is skating right now to the degree that will be necessary if Yuzu is skating at the top of his form come PC.

1 hour ago, Anony said:

Yuzuru our lord and saviour, please come save us. Please grace us with your presence please, we need you. No I'm not joking did you not watch GPF?? We actually need you, please s av e u s. I know we don't deserve you but we desperately need saving, pls saveeee uuuusssssss

never have I ever miss Yuzu as much as after watching the 'thing' they called GPF2017. :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: